Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Premium

Shaun,

What do you dilute Humbrol No 1 with?  I used that on my painting trial, still to be completed, and I am sure I had more of it rub off on the sharp bits.

I won't mention Halfords primer on plastic!  :O

Normally I spray with grey, the tins at Walmart are less than a buck. White or bauxite by Crylon are great but when it comes to small details the humbrol #1 is thinned with model paint thinner.

Only by the brush load. Humbrol paints are too hard to come by here so I don't use them for spraying. 

Edited by Sasquatch

All aboard...

med_gallery_17883_3112_258311.jpgrmweb1548langlemodels18

what do you mean.....this isn't what you expected when I said you'll soon have see (sea) legs  :jester:

med_gallery_17883_3112_115313.jpgrmweb1549langlemodels19

what do you mean your feeling sea sick!!!!....Hey up she rises.......

med_gallery_17883_3112_398078.jpgrmweb1550langlemodels20

so who will pay me to NOT put up another picture of these fishermen...........

I bid 1 squid but if that is not enough I could stretch to eeleven squid

Edited by @Jc

Am I still the sole bidder? - really sorry I can't help it - too much time spent on the jokes thread. Those fishermen look really good - That is such a skill to paint those small items.  I suppose the next job is to plaice them on AV. They would look better spaced out than lined up in roes.

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

Can't think of any jokes, but yes more pics please.  Where will you have your boat?  In the river behind Goathland station?

If you do not use primer, do you get the metal showing through on the edges and the points?  You do not appear to on the pictures you put up.

• Like 1

All these jokes are better than fishing for compliments  ..........   the net result is much improved   ............  trouble is some watchers could get hooked on painting figures  .....   sorry to be late adding comment but only just Seine this  .........   you could add the dogs but they could only go in the Bows of the boat  ...........   :nono:   ........   oh, hold on, couldn't think of any more to till-er  ...........    

I'm going to go on holiday   ......   very soon

....   yes I did hear the cheer  .....   :angel:

• Like 1

C ' mon. Get your "skates" on we want some more pictures. Just thought I would "catch" up with the thread having "trawled" through the last page

Sorry couldn't resist!! I'll shut up talking "Pollocks" now. Oops there I go again.

By the way yes the horn was entirely for Andy's benefit. Made sure he was facing the right way.

I might have to offer better wages than Port Issac as those fisherman would be most welcome at Kyle of Lochwilliam. Very nice.

Bye for now.

Marcus.

• Like 1

Jaz,

Can't think of any jokes, but yes more pics please.  Where will you have your boat?  In the river behind Goathland station?

If you do not use primer, do you get the metal showing through on the edges and the points?  You do not appear to on the pictures you put up.

Chris

I do have to be careful to slosh the paint around  a little more/further than the bits  I am actually painting especially the necks and hand joins, under hats etc.

You need to paint beyond where you are intending to do the final paint. I tend to use the spare paint that I would wash out of the brush as a primer.

And I often have to wet the paint to get it to run into bits that the brush can't reach. Occasionally resorting to black or white on a difficult spot.

So priming would avoid that messing about. I have bought Halfords and Tamiya primers, but am now rather nervous because of this possibility of blurring the detail on the models. Perhaps a single sweep will help prime...but not blur the important fine details.

And because i use a second colour then washes to do my shading, they can help fill in any spots. The washes being particularly useful as they run so easily and get in to vital cracks etc.

So its Spring Bank Holiday / Easter. People are off on holiday, and the coast is always popular............

so everyone is down by the beach.The fisherman are just pulling in. And tying up...the Cap'n is giving instruction, peg leg still has some fish guts left...and is aiming at the mate still down on the boat. Various other activities are occurring in the background

med_gallery_17883_2806_335886.jpgrmweb1558portlynncove1

The focus is in the distance...you might notice a familiar face or two...someone is walking a p00dle and a basset hound.

med_gallery_17883_2806_352639.jpgrmweb1559portlynncove2

• Like 6

Sasquatch is walking Bobo and Gwyn up on the harbour walls, with a beer in his hand (pls specify colour and I will update)(the red was meant to be a coke can....shsssssh no advertising)

in the far distance other friends are walking dogs...

med_gallery_17883_2806_330369.jpgrmweb1560portlynn3

med_gallery_17883_2806_280545.jpgrmweb1266portlynncove9

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Sorry that I haven't managed to catch up scooner but am feeling crabie this mooring. Poor old sole.

Love the fishermen tying off. The boat is a real cracker.

That last picture is great , it looks like Bobo is pulling hard on the leash!  They're out side causing a ruckus right now, so better take them for a walk up the mountain.

It would be great to take them to the coast and walk along one of the sandy beaches but it is a 3 hour drive and the hotels don't take dogs. 

Shaun the prawn.

• Like 1

Oh I do love to be beside the seaside................oh I do love to be beside the sea !!

Thanks Jaz, no seaside here for me I am afraid. Can you send me a 99 please :P

The fishermen look great, may have to get some for my trawler. They don't look out of scale on the boat either. 

Edited by thebritfarmer