The Wrecking Crew Presents; Wrec-rail 2, Son of Wrec-rail August 2nd 2014

George Woodcock

Hello

After the unexpected, but gratefully appreciated success of Wrec-rail this year, the Wrecking Crew take great pleasure in announcing that we are going to do it all again next year. It will be held in the same venue of St Nicholas Church Hall, Rectory Lane,  Little Bowden, Market Harborough, Leicestershire  LE16 8AS on August 2nd from 1000 till 1630ish. The format will be much the same as this year as people seemed to appreciate the laid back atmosphere that we seemed to create. Further details regarding layouts, trade, demos etc will be posted as we get the details sorted out. So remember to put the date in your diaries, organisers, etc. Come one, come all. 

Cheers

George

Deviously they've found a date when I'm very likely to be away. Despite their efforts to outsmart me I wish the crew well.

Better cancel your holiday then, where could be better than Market Harborough?...............................yeah, your right, anywhere..........

Dave's no fool

Cheers Ernie!! Will you be popping up?

where could be better than Market Harborough?...............................yeah, your right, anywhere..........         

Yeah, like Towcester or Stamford Bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I notice that for the second year running the venue is within staggering distance of both the nearest pub and the Tailby residence.

Coincidence, I'm sure .

We picked Little Bowden because of the village ambience, pleasant surroundings...............and it was cheap!!!

Nice to see interest (of sorts) is stirring already.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

We can now announce the line-up for our latest foray into a public exhibition. 

LAYOUTS

Tanners Lane                  Steve Farmer             N

Tinners Wharf                  Pete Johnson            N

Shelfe Street                    Stu Davies                OO 

Down Sidings                   Richard Coleman      OO

Dudley Road                    Pete Harvey              OO

Evington St John              Shaun Greet             OO

Pensbridge                       Trevor Hurley           OO

Derwent Valley                 Jeff Taylor                EM

Long Lane                       Dave Tailby              O

TRADERS

Keith's Model Railways

Shawplan

Booklaw

Demos/Talkers

Phil Eames         Super Detailed Class 37s

Mick Bryan         More Things Yellow

Bob Bateman     Proper Rolling Stock

Robin Idle          DEMU and so much more.

Admittance will be £3 , children under 16 free.As last year this event is as much a social event as a hard-core exhibition, so please feel free to chat the owners/operators etc. The layout is a predominately a D&E event so please don't be disappointed to find a lack of steam but good modelling is always good modelling. Light refreshments will be available and the excellent Cherry Tree pub is virtually next door for those who want a beers and something a bit more substantial to eat. Last year was a success so please come along and help us do it all over again.

On behalf of the Wrecking Crew

Cheers

George 

• RMweb Gold

Admittance will be £3 , children under 16 free

Having got enough children in the family under 16 I'm afraid I don't want any more and shan't be coming.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

I am baking my own cake in case the quality of refreshment on offer is not good enough and overpriced...

Cheers, Mike

Baking a cake! B*gger that - McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake,  £1 at my local Spar shop.

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

Isn't Jamaica Ginger Cake on the telly at the moment, all sorts of weird goings on down in deepest bog trotter land. Or am I getting confused again?

cheers

George 

• RMweb Premium

Hello

. Or am I getting confused again?

Confused? You George? Probably!

:jester:

Cheers

Mick

Archived