The Wrecking Crew Presents; Wrec-rail 2, Son of Wrec-rail August 2nd 2014

George Woodcock

• RMweb Premium

Been reading the York show report. Have started planning the refreshments, we will defiantly not be having any cake for sale

Richard

Richard

No Cake......it is a disaster waiting to happen. :scratchhead:

I am baking my own cake in case the quality of refreshment on offer is not good enough and overpriced...

Cheers, Mike

Mike

Good idea, I will bring my own. :sungum:  I am willing share, but none for Richard. :nono: I can do a mean Victoria sponge cake so is this going to be the "Great Wrecking Crew Bake Off"

Baking a cake! B*gger that - McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake,  £1 at my local Spar shop.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick

That would be cheating. :rtfm:

Hello

Or am I getting confused again?

cheers

George 

George

Oh dear not again. :dontknow:

• 1 month later...

Hello

After the gold and platinum standard shows of recent days  this is a gentle reminder of forthcoming titanium event of the summer. Alright if not titanium then possibly a workaday alloy of some sort. Anyway we are all ready to go with some fine layouts, interesting demo-ers. and good traders. The refreshments are now all in hand as are rest of the little details which hopefully go to making a good event. For those who came last year we hope you will return  and pass the word to people you know and for those are new to it please come along where you will be assured of a warm welcome. See you in August at Sunny Little Bowden. The Wrecking Crew are waiting.

Cheers

George

Will there be track plans in the show guide?

Will there be lockers for backpacks?

Will the shuttle bus run on time and not be 30 seconds late!

I can just imagine the response to such 'customer concerns'. ;)

Still; it's good to go to an event where you can hear everyone laughing rather than grumbling.

Hello

Does this mean you are coming this year Andy or are stil going on holiday then? Whatever the answer many thanks for your support as usual.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Somehow, I sense that you are taking this exhibiting thing too seriously...............

NOT.

;)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

For those wanting track plans I will LOAN them a pencil and some toilet paper so they can draw their own.

I will be confiscating any back pack that is bigger then allowed on a Rayan Scare aeroplane. This is of course for the comfort of the other guest at this wonderful event

I cannot answer for the bus operator but I will be in attendance to send people in the direction of the bus stop if they do not behave themselves.

These are just a few of the services that are on offer form the hired well trained doorman.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Shelfe Street will not now be appearing as Stu Davies has had to withdraw for personal reasons but hope fully he will be able to make it next year. Everything else seems to be going smoothly and so we look forward to seeing you in a couple of months time.

Cheers

George 

• RMweb Premium

Nobby said it should be worth waiting for. How would he know- he's not even seen it!! And if he had, would you believe someone who supports Chelsea?

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Hi Dave

I like Nobby even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIsgpd4DGYE

I had difficulty finding a Kettering Town song on You Tube.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Time to give this a little bump!!

And again....

Only two and a half weeks to the full public unveiling of BtF's 7mm masterpiece. (Test run planned at a secret location this weekend I believe!)

Cheers,

Mick

Hello

Sad to report that Jeff Taylor and Derwent Valley have had to withdraw for personal reasons. We hope to have him and Stu Davies back next year. we do have a replacement in 'Nixon's End',  an EM gauge layout by the celebrated Ken Gibbons. Everything else is all set to go as 'planned'. Only two weeks to go till the great day so we look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers

George and the Wrecking Crew

Hello

Sadly the previous announcement is now obsolete. Ken Gibbons' layout will not now be appearing but will be replaced instead by George Woodcock's 'Bedlam Heath' which as some of you may know, appeared ion a recent edition of BRM. Sorry for the confusion. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks .

Cheers

George and the Wrecking Crew.

Hello

A late addition to the programme.  we will have a return visit from the celebrated Mr Richard Dockerill who will be showing his superb O Gauge diesel locos and rolling stock and talking about building them. Only a week to go.

Cheers

George

I was challenged Mike, and our first choice O gauge layout couldn't make it!!!

LOL did you mean disgusted? or considering the name perhaps there was no typo.......

That mean 

Hello

A late addition to the programme.  we will have a return visit from the celebrated Mr Richard Dockerill who will be showing his superb O Gauge diesel locos and rolling stock and talking about building them. Only a week to go.

Cheers

George

That means I have to get his name right this time..... We had a great chat with him, a lot of his work translates well onto other scales, and he was an interesting person to chat to.

We particularly found that 'small' meant cosy and that people had much more time to be chatty. Which was really nice and informative. Am really looking forward to a second visit. :sungum:

We might even make it to the pub this time.

Archived