Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Well I know the bloke at the Minsterley Planning office, very well. :sungum:  8)   You can see right over on to the main line from the 3rd floor up. And talk about amenities....KFC right across the road.....a  Mecca for any rail buff.

Yes, I have seen that garage...fantastic isnt it. Would slot in nicely on my next scenic section.

Thanks Terry, just got it positioned above the Station and wired up tonight.

Dave

• Like 2

Sigh...

There are times I really feel like modern image. Just to go out and take some photographs - work on something - take more if needed, instead of trawling through the past.

Funny thing is, I have a couple of more modern 37s but they are sector livery (which I love!) now that's history too.

Sigh...

Hal without wind

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Thanks Jaz. Still plodding on with your speciality at the mo....scenery...aka the housing estate.   Once that's complete, it's back to the trains.

Dave

Uncannily real vid!

(Yes, it's not unknown for Jaz to spend a minute or two on aspects other than trains...  :jester: )

Hal

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Sigh...

There are times I really feel like modern image. Just to go out and take some photographs - work on something - take more if needed, instead of trawling through the past.

Funny thing is, I have a couple of more modern 37s but they are sector livery (which I love!) now that's history too.

Sigh...

Hal without wind

If you are tempted, here is one,  local, to you   by Nigel Burkin.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest progress on the scenery. Second townscene section nearly complete...just road markings and street lamps to position.  Back-aching stuff, cant wait til I go back to running the trains! Any suggestions as to where I could purchase some Modern Image cars, would be much appreciated?

Dave

post-863-0-72118200-1422227366_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-40952200-1422227456_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-61916100-1422227487_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-25038800-1422227516_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-50086100-1422227547_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-27758900-1422227600_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-12441100-1422227633_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-79051600-1422227665_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-47374900-1422227707_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-69864400-1422227742_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-41488400-1422227774_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Looking absolutely magnificent when you've finished with your shrink ray shrinking real buildings I would really like to borrow it, what sort of cars did you have in mind makes etc?

David

Well, you put me onto where I can get Corsas, Peugeots, Kias, BMW's, Galaxy's, Mondeos, Focus's ( should that be Focii ??), Modern Minis, Fiestas....etc......and you can have my Shrink ray!!

:sungum:

Dave

Edited by Doughnut

Latest progress on the scenery. Second townscene section nearly complete...just road markings and street lamps to position.  Back-aching stuff, cant wait til I go back to running the trains! Any suggestions as to where I could purchase some Modern Image cars, would be much appreciated?

Dave

absolutely superb shot with the last picture with the KFC. On the back of the road signals there are usually hanging brackets ...very easy for you to imitate so the signs are not floating. and that's the ONLY thing I can find to criticise......

Vey well observed. Loving it........ooh no that's a Burger place....hehehehe......

and I have noticed several ways there are hung.....so two small strips will make it perfect.Great work.....keep it coming.

sml_gallery_17883_2781_53801.jpg

Dave

post-863-0-27758900-1422227600_thumb.jpg

I like,..............the real picture,you had thrown in, with the picture's of the model........ :drag:

• Like 2

Many thanks chaps. You're right about the signs Jaz. Perhaps a couple of thin plastic srtips, or some insulating tape cut into thin strips, might do the trick.

The only other thing that bugs me is the satin sheen on the road and footpath caused by the Railmatch 'Matt' varnish. After applying road marking transfers I give everything the once over with this varnish to seal it. But you don't always get a matt effect. I know mixing thoroughly, before applying helps, but I did this time and the result was not what I wanted. Then again, on other occasions , ie the station platforms, it worked well. Quite hit and miss, it would seem.

Still, lets pretend we've just had a downpour at Minsterley. :secret:

Dave

• Like 1

Much appreciated chaps. I'll check out MsIm David, thank you for that...one shrink ray on it's way. Glebe's a Classic Terry......I'm waiting, like most others, for an inspiring update...!!!  The KFC is a kit from way back, can't remember by who, with some KFC stuff added. The terraced houses are modified Pocketbond, with the windows drilled out and the Bachmann Terraces. Yes TBF, the 3 detached houses are scratch built.

Dave

Much appreciated chaps. I'll check out MsIm David, thank you for that...one shrink ray on it's way. Glebe's a Classic Terry......I'm waiting, like most others, for an inspiring update...!!!  The KFC is a kit from way back, can't remember by who, with some KFC stuff added. The terraced houses are modified Pocketbond, with the windows drilled out and the Bachmann Terraces. Yes TBF, the 3 detached houses are scratch built.

Dave

I did post some photos on my thread tonight Dave but it's not much as i have not worked on the layout in over two months now but i am on my way back.