Warship in 7mm

steve fay

I see Heljan have released the CAD image in the modelling Mags so I thought I'd share it all with you here. post-5983-0-24967200-1432736812.jpg

Hopefully a pre pro sample will be here in due course and I'm sure Brian Daniels will be doing the painting honours.

• Like 5

Let us allpray that THIS time they do the wheels properly.......their Western was ruined by flat, featureless wheels, stupid, siunce the real things are so visible. Even more so on this one.

What WERE they thinking?

post-5983-0-87893800-1432938704_thumb.jpg

I know the wheels are an issue but once weathered it's not as bad. I've moved up the head code box, added additional castings from JLTRT, couplings from Pete Harvey and some scratch built bits and pipe runs.

Once I get the warships two will be altered one to a 43 and one to a first batch built with Disc head codes requiring a lot of extra etches and grills from Pete Harvey.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 6

D806 Dragon post-5983-0-78003300-1432939383.jpg

This one will require the most work and a complete repaint.

Front end filed and smoothed, new discs and reporting number panels, replacement side grills and the lower doors on the skirts.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 1

Steve, have you got any vacancies at your place? They must pay a fortune for you to spend so much on locos! ;)

Last new loco I had was my western, before that it was my Castle and that was 3 years ago!!!

Warships were always on Ranelagh Bridge so now is the time to save to make sure I get them.

I have TWO Tower Warships to construct, (no snidey comments from anyone here, please...... :no: ), so MIGHT have some of the parts required for altering the Heljan models, the marker lights and roof details are in the kit for both lots of locos.

There are some nice plastic wheel inserts in the wheels  :declare:

Really? Where do those come from Brian?

I'll try and go up in the loft /work area today and get one out, so as to photograph the parts.

Prob easier to either PM you on FB, or e-mail photos? Posting on here needs 'em hosted in Photobucket, which is a clat.

Might be worth waiting for the Heljan loco to be released........there's no saying the parts will fit until, but I'll try and include a scale. You have dibs.

Edited by JeffP

I have TWO Tower Warships to construct, (no snidey comments from anyone here, please...... :no: ), so MIGHT have some of the parts required for altering the Heljan models, the marker lights and roof details are in the kit for both lots of locos.

Really? Where do those come from Brian?

A nice Chinese man has made them for Heljan, they come with the model at no extra charge!

• Like 1