IZA Cargowaggon twin van from Revolution Trains

97403_Ixion

• RMweb Gold

Tom vs. Will weathering challenge? One day I might get around to making my modern-ish Cornish layout where they can have a spin....

I'm not sure I've got the heart to weather them! 

I have been Googling wagon works however. There is some interesting potential for a small layout with a lot of the projects RevolutioN are coming out with!

Tom. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Didn't you once have a WCML layout in the offing?  Seem to remember some rather nice countryside scenes with Virgin electrics on the old RMWeb and thought it was your handiwork?

Cheers,

Paul

I did some time ago, but unfortunately it had to be scrapped. 

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold

Hello Jeremy,

Mike is working his way through them. This weekend we will have a packing and postage session, though of course those who paid in full will probably get theirs first since there isn't any more paperwork to do other than print their address label.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I've got the heart to weather them! 

Ah, courage man! Looking at CargoWaggons on t'interweb there seems to be little scope for 'subtle' weathering, they need to look like they have suffered some terrible trauma....

Awaiting the RevolutioN package, I'm warming up on some unsuspecting Dapol bogie versions. These are just the initial layers.

(this lot may have got a bit lost...)

post-1601-0-34021600-1537629103_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Not been 24 hours and one of the IZA's has been graffitied! 

Half way through a weathering job, all that effort making a pristine model and i can undo it all in 20 mins!

post-6774-0-34582900-1538338192_thumb.jpg

Ben / Mike, You've done it again, a superb wagon, Very much look forward to anything RevolutioN produce.

Graham.

• Like 7

Mine arrived while I was away - but picked them up from a neighbour.  Then found when trying to couple them together the NEM pocket and link virtually disappeared inside.  Thankfully the body unclips easily.  Found a plate which holds the NEM assembly in place had become detached.  Quick work with solvent to refix it and the wagons are now functional and superb.

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived while I was away - but picked them up from a neighbour.  Then found when trying to couple them together the NEM pocket and link virtually disappeared inside.  Thankfully the body unclips easily.  Found a plate which holds the NEM assembly in place had become detached.  Quick work with solvent to refix it and the wagons are now functional and superb.

Hi there,

We have found there do seem to be a small number where the gluing isn't quite as strong as we'd like on those plates. Apologies for this.

There is a note on the Revolution News pages highlighting the issue and the suggested remedy if anyone else has these wagons coming.

Cheers

Ben A.

Mine have just been delivered..

What a work of art!

A little fumbling of sausage fingers with the batteries, but that's very clever.

A very European manufacturers feel to the packaging, way above the rest.

Looking forward to the rest of my orders

• RMweb Premium

One thing that suprised me was the inter-wagon coupler was a screw link. I'd always assumed it was a fixed bar like on the FFA/FGA freightliners. You learn something new every day....

Has anyone found a hook and bar type coupling that fits NEM pockets - a bit like Dapol fit to their class 156 DMU? I'd like to be able to split mine between running sessions but want something a little less visible than standard Rapidos or the Dapol dummy knuckles.

Steven B.

One thing that suprised me was the inter-wagon coupler was a screw link. I'd always assumed it was a fixed bar like on the FFA/FGA freightliners. You learn something new every day....

Steven B.

??? It is a male/female sliding device https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/twinvan/e2f9e84a1

I'll admit I don't understand how it works!

Paul

Edit, OK wrong, this is a buffer.

Edited by hmrspaul

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

The best photo I found quickly showing the inter car coupler is this one on Ernie Puddick's flickr site:

https://flic.kr/p/gBhpJz

There are single buffers either side of a screw coupler, which are represented, while not depicted on the model are chains that (I think) are a failsafe and actuate the brakes in the event of the wagon splitting.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

I got to unpack my eagerly anticipated IZAs today! These are my first Revolution Trains wagons and I am very impressed. The wagons really are superb and I think the packaging is great too. A fantastic job by all concerned. Thank you.

well done revolution team they are excellent models

i would only say that the bodies are a bit lose though and don't have a v positive click into place but that doesn't really matter once they are upright and sitting on a layout

looking forward to pfa and other wagons up next

Tim