Jump to content

Colmore Traction depot


saxokid
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Alcanman said:

Love all the detailing work around the depot. Great work!

 

Are thanks Alcanman.

its getting better each time I work on this new build part of the layout...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this a lot. I don't know if you can get them but going by the fuel point at my depot. There is usually a pallet of brake blocks and a pallet of sand. The sand is decanted into wide spout type cans then put into the sandboxes. The sand is offloaded from the pallet into a metal shed to keep it dry. 

Your depot is very very good by the way

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PM47079 said:

I like this a lot. I don't know if you can get them but going by the fuel point at my depot. There is usually a pallet of brake blocks and a pallet of sand. The sand is decanted into wide spout type cans then put into the sandboxes. The sand is offloaded from the pallet into a metal shed to keep it dry. 

Your depot is very very good by the way

Thanks PM47079 for the information ile look into making some now.:good:

If you think of anything els post up my frend

 

thanks neil..

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 12:39, Alcanman said:

Love all the detailing work around the depot. Great work!

 

Ive used fire extinguishers here from "super" detailed Hornby class 31 I had in for spares after it had chassi rot...

thumbnail_IMG_0195.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, saxokid said:

Thanks PM47079 for the information ile look into making some now.:good:

If you think of anything els post up my frend

 

thanks neil..

I will do if I see some more bits that you could model 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/04/2020 at 02:23, saxokid said:

Ive used fire extinguishers here from "super" detailed Hornby class 31 I had in for spares after it had chassi rot...

thumbnail_IMG_0195.jpg

 

Looks well. Are the pump housings from the Hornby diesel depot? 

 

Ian 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Few more little jobs covered on Colmore TMD today

1) ive added site office I made from broken Bachmann signal box.

2) adding few cctv camera poles.

3) ive re done the standard Hornby hydrolic buffers to be more small in size..

4) Add BT coms tower...

thumbnail_IMG_2309.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1287.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1290.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, saxokid said:

Few more little jobs covered on Colmore TMD today

1) ive added site office I made from broken Bachmann signal box.

2) adding few cctv camera poles.

3) ive re done the standard Hornby hydrolic buffers to be more small in size..

4) Add BT coms tower...

thumbnail_IMG_2309.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1287.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1290.jpg

 

What make are these offices? - if scratched they look good.

 

Cheers

 

Ian

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 07:37, Crisis Rail said:

 

What make are these offices? - if scratched they look good.

 

Cheers

 

Ian

 

There made from badly Damaged art deco Bachmann signal box I was given,so ive cut up and made two of these little buildings and glued them Ian.

There not to bad need more white wash finish on the bricks I think...

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, saxokid said:

There made from badly Damaged art deco Bachmann signal box I was given,so ive cut up and made two of these little buildings and glued them Ian.

There not to bad need more white wash finish on the bricks I think...

 

Thanks  -  Always looking for alternatives for mess rooms they look well.

 

Ian

  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

 

Thanks  -  Always looking for alternatives for mess rooms they look well.

 

Ian

Yes they work well here Ian,

planning on fitting lights into them next...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 06:57, Dicky L said:

Really enjoyed scrolling through this thread this morning. Really good love the photos especially the night shots.

Are thank you Dicky L your very kind sir...:senile::good:

 

cheers neil..

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 08:22, rob D2 said:

Looking good,

here’s one I’ve never seen modelled - lift jacks on their own rails..

 

EEE878CB-CAFC-4A82-8979-106443A6BB2A.png

Yes there interesting Rob,thanks for the picy.

Ile see what I come up with next...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Polly filler out today ready for the rough patch road surface up to Colmore East depot...

Another fun part of modelling.

Ive mixed in talcon powder with the filler,this wil help id crack as it drys ..

want rough pot hole surface..

thumbnail_IMG_0410.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0454.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...