Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

76FTC001 Ford Transit Connect Royal Mail 1:76

Can anyone confirm that this will be the original version of the Transit Connect released in 2002 rather than the current 2nd generation model released last year?  I ask because unfortunately most of the new Jaguar Land Rover models are the latest models, which make them slightly too new for my purposes.

Looking at the line drawing on Hatton's website, it looks like the earlier version to me.  Assuming it is, I'll find a place for one of these.

Regards

David

The drawing certainly looks like the pre-facelift version. I do not know whether Royal Mail have purchased any of the current version. For the 0 gauge modern railway Greenlight is producing the 2014 version but only in 1.43 scale for the moment. Will go well with the new Transit just released by them.

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/item_detail.aspx?itemfind=GREENLIGHT86044#.UmGA_q5wbcs

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/item_detail.aspx?itemfind=GREENLIGHT86040#.UmGBMK5wbcs

Mike

Edited by mikeharvey22

• RMweb Premium

Oxford's recent announcement of new models for early 2014 is great - they always seem to have an appetite for new castings, almost invariably of interesting prototypes.

The Commer Commando one and a half storey bus will please bus enthusiasts, who have long wanted one of these - great to see it now about to become reality. And that Austin Tilly in Fire Brigade red just looks irresistible!

The items that most interest me are the 1/43 Austin Seven saloon and van. Not that I want these in that scale - I hope that once Oxford have done the measuring and preparation, they will use that knowledge to release these in 1/76. I have long felt these two are a real gap in 1/76 scale models for those of us interested in 1930-50s vehicles and model railways. There are lots of us!

John

• Like 1

I would like to see a Scammel Crusader.

Foden cement lorry, the type with the drum on the back

As they do agricultural model trailers I think it would be good to include construction items such as Compressor, road roller, Drott and or Dozer, Vickers or Caterpillar type...I feel there is a market out there for these items?

Construction items wish list  , sure they would sell well .

JCB 3C ,

Drott track shovel ,

Weatherill  2H loader

Truck crane with strut jib  

Ready mix truck

small dumper ,

small mixer ,  

Road roller ,

decent small tipper lorry ( ala Matchbox Bedford TK)

Edited by jcb 3c
  • Like 2

Construction items wish list  , sure they would sell well .

JCB 3C ,

Drott track shovel ,

Weatherill  2H loader

Truck crane with strut jib  

Ready mix truck

small dumper ,

small mixer ,  

Road roller ,

decent small tipper lorry ( ala Matchbox Bedford TK)

Yes.

The 50s and 60s saw a huge amount of construction work and hence construction traffic.

In addition, for some reason the very common short wheelbase lorries which were very common in the period seem to be immune to the attention of die-cast manufacturers.

AND, as stated before, the WW2 army lorries should be available in "civilian" guise.

( In particular re. the tipper lorries  -  although I would prefer another, more popular, make  -  what about a tipper from the film "Hell Drivers"   ?   )

Edited by phil gollin

The Hell Drivers lorries were 'parrot nosed' Kew built Dodges. The cab moulding is available from Base Toys though there's not a short enough wheelbase tipper in the range.

Some 50's/60's construction vehicles would be very welcome here too.

• Like 1

Yes.

The 50s and 60s saw a huge amount of construction work and hence construction traffic.

In addition, for some reason the very common short wheelbase lorries which were very common in the period seem to be immune to the attention of die-cast manufacturers.

AND, as stated before, the WW2 army lorries should be available in "civilian" guise.

( In particular re. the tipper lorries  -  although I would prefer another, more popular, make  -  what about a tipper from the film "Hell Drivers"   ?   )

Agree on the tippers , they have all had a go at a few, large and small ,EFE TK ,EFE Atkinson, BT Commer etc but in every case they have got the body/and or wheelbase  proportions wrong IMHO.

Funny when Matchbox could get all their tippers rightly sized  way back then.

To be fair to Oxford they have quite a few civilian liverys on their excellent WW2 lorries.

Edited by jcb 3c

Agree on the tippers , they have all had a go at a few, large and small ,EFE TK ,EFE Atkinson, BT Commer etc but in every case they have got the body/and or wheelbase  proportions wrong IMHO.

Funny when Matchbox could get all their tippers rightly sized  way back then.

To be fair to Oxford they have quite a few civilian liverys on their excellent WW2 lorries.

Here's a link to a view of some prototypes of 1960s tippers in action:- note the difference in wheelbase between the Thames Trader and the Bedford S-series behind it. I think the third tipper is a Bedford TJ.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertcwp/10563670933/

Note to self- never try anything difficult between night shifts..

Edited by Fat Controller
  • Like 1

Here's a link to a view of some prototypes of 1960s tippers in action:- note the difference in wheelbase between the Thames Trader and the Bedford S-series behind it. I think the third tipper is a Bedford TJ.

Uh the link ?

I see that most of the promised/scheduled 2013 'N' releases, that are still outstanding, have unfortunately been put back to next year. Included are;

* Scania Topline, Highline and T cabs.
* VW Beetle
* Commer Postbus and BR PB van
* Austin Mini
* Morris Minor saloon

And which seem to be the more 'modern', well at least more modern than their usual earlier than 1950s stuff, vehicles. Sigh.  sad.gif

Still at least the Panorama I coach is now available.

G.

My Bedford OY 3-ton GS has now been delivered. It lacks only the unique engine sound. Well worth waiting for, Thank you Oxford.

Indeed it is Peter, I saw it at the weekend, just right to be left behind at Dunkirk!!

• Like 2

Indeed it is Peter, I saw it at the weekend, just right to be left behind at Dunkirk!

Could almost equip a  1939-1940 BEF battalion now with the Oxford releases ! 

I feel sure a lot of military modellers are buying these and its nice to see  British vehicles suitable for  early war  modelled.

Just need a  Morris C8 15CWT and a Bren Carrier and we are there !

Personally, I would like to see more OO 1930s vehicles released, there seems to be a lack of choice when it comes to the 1930s.  Plenty of generic Model T ford vans and lorries but very few home grown (British) commercial vehicles, other than buses.

Personally, I would like to see more OO 1930s vehicles released, there seems to be a lack of choice when it comes to the 1930s.  Plenty of generic Model T ford vans and lorries but very few home grown (British) commercial vehicles, other than buses.

Sounds good 30s vehicles would still be good for the 40s, 50s and up to the introduction of the MOT test!

For me, in N, it seems that there is a bigger lack of road vehicles from the 1970, 80s and 90s. The 21st century (00s and 10s) and the 1950s and earlier period (especially bearing in mind the fewer vehicles around then) are relatively well catered for - not an overflowing abundance but certainly a lot better than the 70s - 90s period.

G.

Edited by grahame

• 2 months later...