Oxford diecast... whats next?

BROADTRAIN1979

Has there ever been any hint from Oxford Diecast that they might start producing British cars in H0 scale?  We Australians had plenty of run of the mill British cars unti the '70s but most of us model our railways in H0 scale. I can tell the difference.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Has there ever been any hint from Oxford Diecast that they might start producing British cars in H0 scale?  We Australians had plenty of run of the mill British cars unti the '70s but most of us model our railways in H0 scale. I can tell the difference.

Mark

Theres a few cars in the european (HO) ranges which are unexpectedly similar to British cars such as this Peugeot 404 which could easily pretend to be a Morris Oxford or Austin Cambridge

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREKINA-HO-29019-Peugeot-404-4-Door-water-blue-/360070964417?pt=Action_Figures_Diecast_US&hash=item53d5e6e4c1

I would imagine that Minis come in more or less any scale too.

I remember you'd occasionally see those in the '60s and early '70s. Like the A60, etc. they were styled by Pininfarina. As the Pugs and BMC 1500/1600s were about the same size, a little work with plasticard and filler could do the job - each of the BMC marques were slightly different anyway; it would probably be easier to make into an Oxford than a Cambridge. For British cars in H0 the British H0 Society site is useful: http://www.british-ho.com/ The Brekina P6 is much nicer than the Oxford one, especially round the front screen/roof area.

• 2 weeks later...

Oxford Diecast  have just released details of next productions from May 2013 onwards, these include the following new models items in 1/76.

Trucks alot of the recent Atlas Stobart vehicles, BP artic fuel tanker, bulker tipper artic trailer with scania T cab and 40ft+ tesco container.

Light vehicles, London Modern Ambulance (MB Sprinter) & Walls Ice Cream van modern design, Daimler Hearse

PSV Weymann Fanfare coach.

Cars, Land Rover Discovery 4, Evoque, Freeland & Defender 90 Station Wagon

Cars Jaguar F, XF, XJ, XK & XKR

Others, Leyland Cub FK7 fire engine, Dingo Scout Car & Fowler B6 Road Locomotive.

Plus alot of other items listed before in new livery or colours, also new items in N gauge.

This information was found on Time Models web site.

Oxford Diecast  have just released details of next productions from May 2013 onwards, these include the following new models items in 1/76.

Trucks alot of the recent Atlas Stobart vehicles, BP artic fuel tanker, bulker tipper artic trailer with scania T cab and 40ft+ tesco container.

Light vehicles, London Modern Ambulance (MB Sprinter) & Walls Ice Cream van modern design, Daimler Hearse

PSV Weymann Fanfare coach.

Cars, Land Rover Discovery 4, Evoque, Freeland & Defender 90 Station Wagon

Cars Jaguar F, XF, XJ, XK & XKR

Others, Leyland Cub FK7 fire engine, Dingo Scout Car & Fowler B6 Road Locomotive.

Plus alot of other items listed before in new livery or colours, also new items in N gauge.

This information was found on Time Models web site.

Hi, any chance of a link to this website? Thanks.

Edited by Sunters

bulker tipper artic trailer

Something like this maybe ?

post-11636-0-24912900-1370101847_thumb.jpg

post-11636-0-60463300-1370101900_thumb.jpg

I look forward to seeing the HGV tipper body, as to compare it to the tipper body's I've just scratchbuilt above (and rebuilding the version with curved lower bodysides on my thread in my sig') , as to hook onto Oxford Diecast 1/76 tractor units, for my railway scrapyard project.

Edited by 0121modeller

Looking at the lit, I think some of the Land Rovers and Jags will find their way onto my layout, especially the Evoque and XKR-S. I hope they make some Imprezas next, as then I'll be very happy!! :D Shame about the TG stuff being not to scale though :(

• RMweb Premium

Looking at the lit, I think some of the Land Rovers and Jags will find their way onto my layout, especially the Evoque and XKR-S. I hope they make some Imprezas next, as then I'll be very happy!! :D Shame about the TG stuff being not to scale though :(

It seems that Jaguar/Land Rover are quite happy if not eager to licence models of their products. Other manufacturers do not seem to be as eager, thats why you won't be seeing any Mercedes models from Oxford any time soon. Even EFE have recently bought out a new version of the Mercedes minibus without the Mercedes star as the licencing fees are prohibitive.

It seems that Jaguar/Land Rover are quite happy if not eager to licence models of their products. Other manufacturers do not seem to be as eager, thats why you won't be seeing any Mercedes models from Oxford any time soon. Even EFE have recently bought out a new version of the Mercedes minibus without the Mercedes star as the licencing fees are prohibitive.

I don't think Subaru will have the same restrictions; look at all the models everywhere of them!

Looks that way Phil, interestingly all of Oxfords 'premium' aircraft model releases are of de Havilland aircraft, Dragon Rapide, Tiger Moth, Puss Moth and Hornet, which rather hits the wallet if you ever worked at Hatfield like me!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oxford Diecast June to September 2013 releases

Pictures of these releases on the Time Tunnel Models web-site are at http://www.goldstarstockists.net/live/catalog/model-store-diecast-models-oxford-diecast-late-2013-pre-orders-c-128_181_184_570.html

That is the first page, and you can forward to the folowing pages (7 altogether): note the different scales.

John

Just seen picture of Oxford Diecast 1/43 Merc Sprinter ice Cream van with Mercedes star in front grille panel on Facebook. With a comment from Taff saying this will be scale down to 1/76.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Model Collectors Club have a series of 3 presentations by Lyndon Davies of Oxford Diecast, showing forthcoming models in 1/43, 1/76 and N gauge. They are news items dated 25, 26 and 27 June at the link below. There is a fourth item on 28 June where the camera pans over a number of these new models in close up.

I think these are the videos dinkyme refers to at post 172. There are an astonishing number of new items on the way from Oxford Diecast, and the videos are well worth seeing.

http://www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co.uk/Diecast-Collecting/News/_ch26

John

Me too! Part of my childhood, that car. There always used to be one parked in a little area to the left of the goal at Portman Road when I used to go to Ipswich Town FC home matches in the seventies, so I really, really would like one for my planned layout of Ipswich station circa 1978.

Talking of part of a childhood...the N scale Scanias look rather tasty, reassuringly more on a par with the modern coach, VW camper etc rather than the chunky metal older buses and tractors

jo

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Marina this weekend and it must be one of the best cars they've done. Apart from a slightly wide track (more Maxi than Marina) I can't really fault it. However, there must be the :devil:  in me and he keeps saying 'Ital'. And that's just no good at all for 1972.

As soon as I saw the Marina I knew I had to buy a couple... (I have yet to do so but my next hattons order will include at least a brace), it does look superb. As for an Ital, it seems logical, but unlikely for Oxford to do one; I'd absolutely love an Ital and I'd be hesitant to add the "rubber" to the Marina as I suspect I'd make a hash of it.

Oxford have successfully boosted the 1970s "population", its far from complete but now the next hurdle is the 1980s and 1990s which are looking very sparsely popuated in comparison.

A side point... but will your Maxi ever make it to the market?

Any news on the N gauge Austin Mini promised several years ago and the Plaxton Panarama coach? They seem to have been passed over by the mania for Stobard lorries and older style buses.

G.