EBay madness

Marcyg

9 minutes ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

Not so much Hmmm, more ROTFLMAO!

Scratchbuilt?  5 pieces of mounting board, a bit of glue, inkjet print of the logo and a "storefront".  WIth a lick of paint you could DIY for about a fiver!  Luckily my modelled environs have no need for any sort of chain coffee shop...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 24/06/2022 at 18:25, TimberValleyRailway said:

That listing has features that remind me of an Amazon listing...

"Manufacturers description", etc...

This one has the box boxed! 😉😀

And is from 2004...🙂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R1038-red-box-set-The-Orient-Express-MN-class-loco-3-Pullman-coaches-/325221161538

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Link added.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

I think that is pretty cool. I would definitely buy it if I win the lottery, because then I'd be able to afford somewhere to put it!

With you on that - not cheap but also genuinely r@re in the sense of the word for a change. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

I like the fact that it is “absolutely unique”. Either it is unique or it isn’t…

Also “full size” is intriguing. Either FS has shrunk in the rain or this description is merely what the seller decides it to be.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

That listing has features that remind me of an Amazon listing...

"Manufacturers description", etc...

This one has the box boxed! 😉😀

And is from 2004...🙂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R1038-red-box-set-The-Orient-Express-MN-class-loco-3-Pullman-coaches-/325221161538

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

At least that is a nice set, with a decent analogue controller.

I wonder how much it will go for?

As for boxes, my Hornby live steam Rocket still has its shipping box too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 40152 said:

I like the fact that it is “absolutely unique”. Either it is unique or it isn’t…

Also “full size” is intriguing. Either FS has shrunk in the rain or this description is merely what the seller decides it to be.

It's not unique...they say that they have two! 😉😀

They are a bit "shouty"...🤷🏼‍♀️

I HAVE JUST TWO EXAMPLES OF THE FLYING SCOTSMAN 20 FEET x 5 FEET POSTERS AND THESE ARE ALMOST CERTAINLY THE ONLY ONES LEFT IN THE WORLD AS ALL THE OTHER POSTERS WERE PASTED ON ROADSIDE POSTERS DURING THE Hornby RAILWAYS ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN IN 1975.

Maybe it's a "Full Size" poster. 

Not a miniature, like the transfers that were supplied with the Hornby Railways third series buildings...😀

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Additional
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 40152 said:

10 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

It's not unique...they say that they have two! 😉😀

They are a bit "shouty"...🤷🏼‍♀️

Maybe it's a "Full Size" poster. 

Not a miniature, like the transfers that were supplied with the Hornby Railways third series buildings...😀

🐉🙋🏼‍♀️

If you had the space to display it, you'd have to do some very careful ironing to get the creases out!

fsposter.jpg.186a519f66d30ededcaec51d4a295d11.jpg

And I don't like the way he's put a pointy-legged bentwood chair on the poster for scale? hold it down?  Its going to have done some damage, old paper, especially for posters, isn't that robust...

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

If you had the space to display it, you'd have to do some very careful ironing to get the creases out!

And I don't like the way he's put a pointy-legged bentwood chair on the poster for scale? hold it down?  Its going to have done some damage, old paper, especially for posters, isn't that robust...

And I guess you'd have to quite like Flying Scotsman? As a GWR man, I'll give it a miss! 😎

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

5 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

And I guess you'd have to quite like Flying Scotsman? As a GWR man, I'll give it a miss! 😎

If it was painted a fine shade of Monastral Blue and had a very big EE diesel engine tucked away inside it might be a bit more interesting, although it still looks like a kettle…

(runs for the exit…..)

😉

Edited by 40152
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

42 minutes ago, 40152 said:

If it was painted a fine shade of Monastral Blue and had a very big EE diesel engine tucked away inside it might be a bit more interesting, although it still looks like a kettle…

(runs for the exit…..)

😉

“They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That demned elusive 40152”! 😎

• Funny 3

6 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

What don't we want?

The Flying MoneyPit!

When don't we want it?

NOW!!!

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

“They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That demned elusive 40152”! 😎

Bah, you’ll never take me alive…

(disappears into the sunset, accompanied by a faint whistling and a distinctive, metal-on-sandpaper-induced “chuff chuff” noise)

😉

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

12 hours ago, Hroth said:

The chapel chair did make me cringe. 

Surely at that price it's worth spending a fiver to buy a tape measure to slap across it?

It's definitely a rare item, but the sections were rolled up originally and as with all vintage posters, having been folded up does affect the value quite a bit.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 hours ago, 40152 said:

Bah, you’ll never take me alive…

(disappears into the sunset, accompanied by a faint whistling and a distinctive, metal-on-sandpaper-induced “chuff chuff” noise)

😉

Is the "chuff chuff" from your steam-heating kettle?

Just askin'

:-)

• Funny 3