RAILEX 2016

David Bigcheeseplant

In a world where people are often keen to carp and moan, I thought it worth saying that the website for this show is excellent and the floor plan is really clear and easy to read. My thanks to the organisers and I look forward to visiting

David

We do try and ensure all publicity is clear and any laid out well. Ant does the web site so thanks must go to him. The floor plan is not too scale as such but is blocked out so it is easy to read.

It seems that there are many exhibitions that can't even be bothered with free publicity, such as diary dates in magazines or listing on here and other forums, it just takes a bit of time and effort, but if you want people to come and visit you need to let them know.

Those parking at the stadium there are warning signs saying you can only park for three hours, don't worry the parking cameras will we switched off during the Railex weekend. We will also be using the hospital staff car park, we make a donation to the hospital scanner appeal for the use of this.

David

We do try and ensure all publicity is clear and any laid out well. Ant does the web site so thanks must go to him. The floor plan is not too scale as such but is blocked out so it is easy to read.It seems that there are many exhibitions that can't even be bothered with free publicity, such as diary dates in magazines or listing on here and other forums, it just takes a bit of time and effort, but if you want people to come and visit you need to let them know....

Meanwhile, a society, which has just had its annual national show, still announces - for that show - "Showguide coming soon!" :jester:

Meanwhile, a society, which has just had its annual national show, still announces - for that show - "Showguide coming soon!" :jester:

At least you can read the 2015 showguide while you're waiting!

Oh... And a newsletter from 2013 if you look hard enough. It's like the dentist's waiting room of society sites.

Hello

I have uploaded the Railex 2016 Bus Timetable in pdf format to the Railex website.

www.railex.org.uk

Or you can download from the link below

Railex 2016 Bus Timetable.pdf

The timetable takes into account the Championship Play-off Final on Saturday and the League 1 Play-off Final on Sunday at Wembley Stadium.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

At least you can read the 2015 showguide while you're waiting!

Oh... And a newsletter from 2013 if you look hard enough. It's like the dentist's waiting room of society sites.

Well, they do have a (Reader's) Digest too....!

Just had a phone call from a trader asking if its too late to book a table!

That's good, you can fill some of that empty space in the hall. What is he/she offering? One pound per linear foot? I mean, you are desperate, aren't you?

Bill

Just a quick question. Will show tickets be available to purchase on the bus on Sunday?

Thanks,

Nige

Hello Nige

There will be Railex tickets for sale on the Bus; and there should be some available on Sunday providing we don't sell out on Saturday.

Also on the Bus we will have programmes for sale too.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

I'm quite excited about visiting my first Railex!

Should a 58 year sensible level headed (well I think so!) man get excited abut a model exhibition?

Is the on site catering ok?

Thanks

Hi Richard

I hope you will enjoy your first Railex, it will be number 12 at the stadium for me!

As for catering it is normal type sport centre food, chips pizza sandwiches, jacket potatoes etc. There are a couple of cafes in the adjacent Stoke Mandeville Hospital if you want to get away from stadium café which tends to get very busy at lunchtime. Also there is an Asda too by the hospital entrance all around 5-10 walking from the stadium itself.

Another alternative is bring your own sandwiches and sit in the balcony overlooking the show, which is quite pleasant.

There is some local publicity in the local paper and hopefully something on BBC South Today on Friday evening about the show which was filmed a couple of weeks back, so we do expect it will get busy on Saturday.

David

Standard leisure centre fare. Seating area gets crowded during peak demand periods.

....normal type sport centre food, chips pizza sandwiches, jacket potatoes etc. ....

Healthy things like that. :jester:

To be perfectly honest, it's not the show's strong point!

There's nothing wrong with the quality, the problem is capacity. It's a fairly typical leisure centre cafe which is geared towards the needs of the typical users. It doesn't cope so well when the main hall is being used for an exhibition or event, such as Railex. So the queues can get a bit lengthy and the seating space can be limited. You can avoid the seating problem by taking your lunch into the arena's spectator seating area (which, of course, isn't in use when there's an exhibition on the floor of the hall), but it's still a bit less than ideal.

That said, it's adequate enough, and certainly not a reason for avoiding the show.

Archived