The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

Don't blame me! You said you were going to make it out of Brass! :jester:

It is still on the list somewhere... behind smaller LBSCR tank engines, small tender engines, some Craven Stock, Stockton & Darlington No.1 and Terriers!

I will try and have it done before 11/11/18

• Like 2

Current Railway Modeller...APRIL 2018

Hattons P Class review. (and on the cover...) Page 326-327

BR 31323 with body off and side view BR Balck Late Crest. 31027 BR Black Early Crest main photos. SR green 1555 small rear 3/4 view.

Vintage View 31027 at Brighton B/W. BR Black Late Crest.

LBSCR H1 and H2 Scale Drawings. (3mm Scale)

H1 Left Hand Side.

H2 Right Hand side

Several good photos B&W.

Pages 266-269.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have seen! I am also really hoping that Hornby decide to do the same trick they did with the 14xx when they re-released their model at £35. I am happy to buy a lot of them and detail them myself!!

Failing that I had best prepare the bank to replace all my Terriers!!!!

Gary

• Like 2

I think I will try and justify one 'Boxhill' then wait for further IEG releases in order to prevent breaking the bank completely! 

If Hornby reduce their model to the 14xx price-point (without wrecking the chassis this time!) then I will continue with my 3D Printing terrier project.

• Like 2

I think I will try and justify one 'Boxhill' then wait for further IEG releases in order to prevent breaking the bank completely! 

If Hornby reduce their model to the 14xx price-point (without wrecking the chassis this time!) then I will continue with my 3D Printing terrier project.

There is talk elsewhere of Dapol (or someone else) doing a new tool for the A1/A1X, and one of the mainstream magazines is currently profiling the Terrier.  Coincidence?

My suggestion is that, even were a new tooled version in the offing, it would be worth producing an accurate 3D printed body to fit the existing Hornby/Dapol chassis. Customising and upgrading is a slightly different market from straight RTR, and even if someone is thinking of a new Terrier (and there is absolutely no certainty that one is being considered), it will be 2-3 years away if we're lucky.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There is talk elsewhere of Dapol (or someone else) doing a new tool for the A1/A1X, and one of the mainstream magazines is currently profiling the Terrier.  Coincidence?

My suggestion is that, even were a new tooled version in the offing, it would be worth producing an accurate 3D printed body to fit the existing Hornby/Dapol chassis. Customising and upgrading is a slightly different market from straight RTR, and even if someone is thinking of a new Terrier (and there is absolutely no certainty that one is being considered), it will be 2-3 years away if we're lucky.

Have you missed the news James???? Rails are making one!!!!!!

Gary

I will probably do some CAD anyway for my own purposes! I have 4 0-6-0 terrier chassis and 1 2-4-0 one, of which 4 need slightly differing A1 bodies, the other an A1x body. Possibly, though I may just give that an A1 shell instead.

The new terrier, being made by Dapol for Rails of Sheffield is due to be released at the end of 2018 (Q4), James.

They may need to look at your notes! 

• Like 1

I will probably do some CAD anyway for my own purposes! I have 4 0-6-0 terrier chassis and 1 2-4-0 one, of which 4 need slightly differing A1 bodies, the other an A1x body. Possibly, though I may just give that an A1 shell instead.

The new terrier, being made by Dapol for Rails of Sheffield is due to be released at the end of 2018 (Q4), James.

They may need to look at your notes! 

It is quite obvious from the artwork that Dapol have not read my notes, nor consulted the RCTS volume from which they are largely derived!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It is quite obvious from the artwork that Dapol have not read my notes, nor consulted the RCTS volume from which they are largely derived!

No getting yourself moderated again!! :jester: :jester:

In a serious note, I have read your post over there, your notes really would help them!!!

Gary

• Like 1

Or, they could just buy the book in the first place, as part of their initial “research”.

Indeed!

These RCTS volumes are not that difficult or expensive to find second-hand (though in my case the Bradley Brighton volumes were very definitely the property of a pipe smoker at one stage!). 

Sem is referring to a sort of aide memoir I produced, summarising the information that concerned the appearance of the class in the period 1872-1914, and adding more photographs to illustrate matters, but all this is culled from published material.  Dapol obviously researched the subject for their 7mm model, but the Boxhill artworks makes me wonder whether that has led to a degree of complacency and that they ought to refresh their memories! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sem is referring to a sort of aide memoir I produced, summarising the information that concerned the appearance of the class in the period 1872-1914, and adding more photographs to illustrate matters, but all this is culled from published material. 

One would hope that they did the same...