The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

Still, puts the supposed ugliness of the Oxford Dean Goods into perspective...  :jester:  :scared:  :nono:

I think I'm getting a bit tired, so Goodnight everyone,

E.M. - GAU, GER, RIV, ETC, OUN, TER (My Apologies...)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

What a nice little teaser of the route!!!!! and yes Shannon is a very nice loco, and if a 3d printed one was available I would most likely have to have it! I see nothing else in that post at all!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing how the TS router turns out!!

Gary

Yes, Shannon will probably come after the Manning Wardle, the drawings for which were PM'd to me this morning by a mysterious stranger named 'G. Ary'? I don't know who that might be, but he had a list of requests which will be fulfilled in due course!

E. Misse'd (AGA, IN)

• Like 2

He only asked for two LBSCR locos (OK, three if you include the Manning Wardle 'M' of which 'Sharpthorne' is preserved at the Bluebell because it was used to build the line.), so it can't be you, Gary.

He addressed me as 'Sir Eustace' though, so I would guess that he's a part of the landed gentry, within which such modes of address are common.

Good Day,

C. Lueless & S. Tupid (THI, CK)

• Like 1

Not only did Gary send me drawings and pictures for No.400, but I'd already got hold of some with a view to doing this!

Yes, and me too. I have every intention of chopping something about in order to acquire number 400 for Midhurst LBSCR Station 1866

I have a large coloured painting of it on the wall of my railway room, and it is there every day to remind me to get on with it!

Michael

• Like 2

Someone's got a strange idea of what constitutes a cab! Not much protection from the weather...

Could it be an early form of roll-over bar?  Predating elf and softly by more than a century!    :jester:

Jim

• Like 1

My drawings (And possibly the ones Gary sent) are from Mr Hambleton's book, which I picked up some time ago whilst visiting Barter Books in Alnwick. Fantastic shop, that...

Anyway, any E5 name/number requests for an IEG sheet? Please see my workbench/screen thread for more... and to place your requests so I can stop hijacking Gary's thread!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The drawings I sent are MUCH older than Mr Hambletons's book, although I have that as well. The ones I sent came from here:

post-22762-0-84241400-1517265158_thumb.jpg

(first edition, printed 1903!!)

The loco had a cab originally it was removed while it was the shunter in Brighton works

Gary

• Like 4

Oh, I see!

I need to try and get myself a copy, and if you have any BilIinton on Stroudley 0-6-0 goods locos in there, I would very much  appreciate scans!

And scans of every other loco in there...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well the good news is that the book was re-printed a few years ago. The new copy is on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Locomotives-London-Brighton-Railway-1839-1903/dp/1445634449

There is a lot of side on drawings and lots of info about every class!! The biggest problem is that the drawings have no scales or measurements, you can however go through the text and find the info to scale them!

Gary

• Like 2

Well, a combination of google and reading helps with side-views. Where there's an end view, there's one measurement that applies to all locos (Other than some exceptions, and many pre-1890's GWR locos!) which I use as a guide.

I may need to get the reprint! I found it cheaper on ebay too...

• Like 1

My drawings (And possibly the ones Gary sent) are from Mr Hambleton's book, which I picked up some time ago whilst visiting Barter Books in Alnwick. Fantastic shop, that...

Anyway, any E5 name/number requests for an IEG sheet? Please see my workbench/screen thread for more... and to place your requests so I can stop hijacking Gary's thread!

How do I find your workbench/screen thread please?

• Like 1