Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

[...]

(Will I be alright putting it here, or would creating a new thread for the Goathland webcam be more appropriate?)

[...]

Maybe someone should rename the thread to suit...

Maybe someone should rename the thread to suit...

That could actually work as well, thinking about it.

Anyway, I got a couple more screenshots of the J27 this afternoon, firstly backing off shed to get the teaks,

65894 1

And then setting off for Pickering.

65894 2

All we need now are the Q6, Eric and the S15, and in terms of loco numbers, we'll be good this year.

• Like 1

Got a couple more screencaps this afternoon after it stopped raining. Firstly, 76079 was doing a bit of shunting prior to the last train leaving,

And then 1264 passing through Platform 4 a minute or so later.

76079 & 1264

I did notice the Maroon set was seemingly in the carriage sidings all day, so I'm guessing the C&C set's up and running again. And with the gold timetable in use next week, that's good timing really.

Posted on the NYMR webcam page on Thursday:

Goathland Webcam

Webcam Update 24/05/18:

The camera located on the signal at Goathland has been taken offline. This is due to the constant vibration from the signal being set on on and off, compromising the angle. Although attempts were made to secure the camera, we have been unable to find a working solution.

Based on your extensive feedback, we are now looking at another location for the webcam. It will be available as soon as possible, thank you for bearing with us!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A pair of them are arriving to help out due to the fire risk. 20142 has arrived, 20189 should be on its way. Both are mainline registered so Whitby trains can be top and tailed. There are speed restrictions on the branch due to the hot weather so the turn round time at Whitby has been reduced.

Edited by 5944

It's a little known fact that the original plan for British Railways was a widespread plan to introduce Metro Cammell driving trailers and so remove the need for any branchline services to require a run round.

Then a bright spark suggested if they put an engine under the trailer it would help the locomotive so smaller tank engines could be retained that use less coal.

But as they didn't have enough standard light tanks they soon realised the plan was doomed and they chose to lash up a motor driver to the driving trailer and the DMU was born.

This image is very much prototypical.

• RMweb Gold

50160 has been repainted at C&W. It was returned to the MPD today for a level check and exam prior to being reattached to the rest of the set. Presumably the 4MT was sent to collect it because all four operational diesels capable of maintaining line speed are required for passenger services as a result of the high fire risk.

Edited by papagolfjuliet

• RMweb Gold

It’s looking much better than it was. Prior to the repaint, there was traces of rust in places, especially above the drivers cab windows. The paintwork was matted and somewhat flaky. It needed it. Well done to all concerned who carried out the repaint.

Regards,

Rob.

Boris,

Would you please pass on my thanks for the cleaned up webcam. The scene is so much clearer now that the "spots" are gone

Peter in Oz

Until the next time summat sprays crud all over it you are welcome

Is there a dining special of some sort this evening, there is a sulzer ticking away facing Whitby and lots of people turning up to the Pullman.

It's not a special per se, but the murder mystery night which is popular.  Has to be top and tailed at the moment with a diesel to reduce the risk of setting fires as we've not had rain for nearly 3 months.

It's not a special per se, but the murder mystery night which is popular.  Has to be top and tailed at the moment with a diesel to reduce the risk of setting fires as we've not had rain for nearly 3 months.

Are you kidding?No rain for 3 months?Had some down my way on Friday.

attachicon.gif5428.jpg

You're absolutely right, Jason!

Definitely. I also got a couple more screencaps of it this afternoon.

5428 & D7628

Also, given the loco's name, the headboard in the second picture is quite appropriate really.

The only question now is when the Q6 and S15 will return. The only deadline I can think of the Severn Valley's Autumn Steam Gala for the Q6, though that's not until September 20-23 which is 8 weeks away. So there's still a bit of time yet, unless the board need it ASAP for the summer.