A question, if I may -

At some point, in another thread, there was an adaptation of my SECR R1 Wainwright Livery artwork posted to suit a few other locos. Unfortunately I can't find it now, so would someone be able to either post it here or link to it please?

Apologies for being awkward!

EDIT: I also think some Umber Terrier artwork was posted at some stage, so if someone could direct me to that it too would be appreciated!

Edited by sem34090

Very interesting list of stuff Sem. Which of those Manning Wardle tanks is mine? xD

Joking aside, looking forward to seeing the results. If your CAD work so far is anything to go by then this will be great!

Edited by RedGemAlchemist

Always happy to help with the chassis (plural chassis', chasses, chassii?) - a large part of the reason I got into this whole 3D printing thing was so that I could play around with the mechanical bits!

I also had plans to do an SER O class at some point as I have a basic drawing, along with a very similar chassis (from the R class) and a similar tender (from the F class) that I could modify without much difficulty. Would you want to team up and do the body for it? It could be done reasonably soon then, it would take me a while to get round to it on my own. 

I will have to send you the CAD for the Crane Tank once it's done so that we can try and get the mechanical bits sorted for it.

As for the SER O that sounds a reasonable plan, especially given you have drawings for it.

• Like 1

I am trying to get dimensions, and preferably more than one drawing, so as to allow me to check the accuracy (or otherwise!) of the one I'm using! That's also the reason why I posted whose/which drawings I'm using.

A quick question, if I may - Does anyone know of a suitable source for a safety valve cover for 'Seaford' in 4mm? I was thinking perhaps an MR Johnson one may fit the bill. I ask as not only am I having a couple of issues with said safety valve cover, but I think a brass one would look many times better anyway.

A quick question, if I may - Does anyone know of a suitable source for a safety valve cover for 'Seaford' in 4mm? I was thinking perhaps an MR Johnson one may fit the bill. I ask as not only am I having a couple of issues with said safety valve cover, but I think a brass one would look many times better anyway.

Have a look at some of the Alan Gibson GWR ones 

Best wishes 

Eric 

Thanks, Eric.

In other news, 'Seaford' and the Crane Tank are having their first uploads to get initial costs and to reveal any potential print-ability issues.

post-33498-0-78986200-1532549883_thumb.png

post-33498-0-05898400-1532549894_thumb.png

I know the handrails are wrong on 'Seaford'...

Currently, via 3Dhubs (https://www.3dhubs.com/service/ivan3d) as used with great success on here, and both tank engines are really very reasonable - I won't reveal the exact cost just yet!!! I want to make some money here!!! :jester:

Any suggestions? I know that neither are finished, but are there any hugely glaring and obvious faults that need attending to?

I may make a start on a few other bits soon, as I prefer jumping between CAD's as otherwise I get bored and then leave it for weeks! I enjoy it, but after many hours it can become a bit of a chore. I really need to make a fresh start on the terrier CAD at some stage, but I think I need to re-measure the Hornby/Dapol chassis for that as I'm nigh-on certain I got something wrong last time round.

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 5

NBrass offer a very adaptable one in 'N' hint hint :)

I know... but I did tell you why 'Seaford' and the Crane Tank were started!

Whether the results will be any good is open to question, but nonetheless I thank you!

I understand. 

In all seriousness, Sem, there is something to be said for working through a small number of models until they are 100% right, available in all the desired materials/versions etc and tried, built and tested by you and customers.

That will complete the experience you need and demonstrate the substance of what you have to offer.

Sorry if that's preachy or patronising; just meant to be a friendly and constructive thought.

Let's put it this way - I will get finished what needs finishing when I can. Unfortunately things of late haven't panned out quite how I intended.

But, once again - Thank you.