0 gauge micro

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Mike, will it be used as a workers train bringing the men in for the pit.   I remember the worker trains in Liverpool early 60's which used to take me from Riversdale over the Mersey to ICI Runcorn to their factory station.

But that was way before everybody got a car.

Best

Another reminder of a previous layout of Mike's - a re-named/re-located ex- Lenches Bridge is in the Oct. Toddler.

I still prefer the original, with Panner Tanks. :yes: :good:

Thanks for the compliment, I always find it mildly amusing that other than the backscene it's still the same layout which as is claimed required extensive rebuilding after passing through the hands of several owners. Just me the builder, and one other, the original purchaser of this and Ashwood Basin.  Still John and Jackie the current owners are really nice people and have exhibited the layout at several shows including last years Warley almost opposite me with my Wallows layout, in fact we have exhibited at several of the same shows, so I have in effect had two layouts at the same exhibition. It's a funny old world. :)

Edited by Mike

Railcar fitted with a Cannon 1620 and Alan Gibson gearbox, I have had it running on the layout albeit with fly leads to the motor and I'm delighted with its performance. Now need to fit some pick-ups and finish the build and of course hide the motor with the still to be made seating .

post-185-0-54569400-1537282947_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-81973600-1537282969_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good Mike and I'm already imagining the early morning disgorge of the early shift workers. 

Building the atmosphere by limiting the straight edges and allowing wear, tear and detail to show.

Coming along nicely.

Best

• 4 weeks later...

Been a little busy with life matters but have just completed the lighting pelmet which is fitted with 3 cabinet down lighters. The uprights (photos latter) are 28mm dowel rod which clips into lockable clips, simples. photo only shows pelmet with name applied.

post-185-0-56509600-1539962515.jpg

• Like 4

Been a little busy with life matters but have just completed the lighting pelmet which is fitted with 3 cabinet down lighters. The uprights (photos latter) are 28mm dowel rod which clips into lockable clips, simples. photo only shows pelmet with name applied.

attachicon.gifIMG-0467.jpg

Looks like the sign writer had been in The Jolly Colliers for a couple of not-very-quick-ones before he tackled the '29'... :rolleyes: :mosking:

Mike it looks like we were next door neighbors at the NEC.

Marc

Hi, yes I see you're D49 sandwiched between me D48 and Up The Line D50. I'm also next to the Guild village. Should be fun.

cheers

Lighting pelmet now sorted other than finishing the painting. Supporting uprights clip and lock into place and the pelmet locates onto the dowels nice and simple. For the benefit of FUnit the 9 is now in the correct alignment, honest Gov.

post-185-0-39949500-1540234557_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-78250800-1540234587_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

w

Lighting rig completed it needed to be lightweight easy to fit and dismantle for transport. The photos show the assembly from the operators position, it is fitted with 3 LED down lights which are perfectly adequate and do not blind the operators. The over long dowels protruding through the top are not just to act as locating pins, but to prevent the unit being accidentally lifted off the supports,the front displays the name of the layout. The slightly out if alignment of the number 9 seen in an earlier photo has been corrected.

post-185-0-76760200-1540398582.jpg

post-185-0-36493800-1540398600_thumb.jpg

post-185-0-02369800-1540398638.jpg

New

Lighting rig completed it needed to be lightweight easy to fit and dismantle for transport. The photos show the assembly from the operators position, it is fitted with 3 LED down lights which are perfectly adequate and do not blind the operators. The over long dowels protruding through the top are not just to act as locating pins, but to prevent the unit being accidentally lifted off the supports,the front displays the name of the layout. The slightly out if alignment of the number 9 has been corrected.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Reely grate Mike :jester: Wallows Pit 29 certainly captures a moment in time and smothered in atmosphere, great work.

The Solihull show is one I've got noted down to visit but it always occurs at a busy time in my social calendar and is proving rather awkward again this year for me to arrange.

I hope in the not too distance future to see Wallows Pit 29 working hard.

Good work Mike :sungum:

Best