GCR Model Event 2018 15/16/17 June

Hairy Bear Digital

To be held on the 15/16 and 17th June 2018.

£20 entrance fee which includes unlimited rides on trains between staions.

Open 10 til 17.00 Fri and Sat.  10 til 16.00 Sunday.

Parking very limited at Loughboro',Rothley and Leicester but 10acre field available at Quorn(Woodhouse/Forrest Road Quorn) for £5 where majority of the layouts are.

Layouts so far (All liable to late change)..- http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/layouts/

Traders        -            http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/traders/

Parking   -  http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/venues/

Tickets and Timetables  -  http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/buy-tickets/

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After the issues reported concerning ventilation in the tents last year, would anyone know if any improvements have been made for this year?

Many thanks,

John.

Appreciate your concern.It was an exceptionally hot weekend.However despite the tropical conditions it was a really interesting and varied day out with the GCR running all day so you can hop on when you like.I'll be there again whatever the weather.It is unique and I saw all kinds of things not seen before.

As an ordinary enthusiast coming by car from the Woodhouse Eaves direction,can I remind those doing the car parking that signs are needed that are visible from both directions,please ? Look forward to another good event.

This year it's back to visiting this show for me after exhibiting the past two years. 

Regarding the heat issues, last year it was an exceptionally hot weekend. There were no problems with the tent/halls being super hot the year before last.

I'm looking forward to getting a look around the other stations this year and getting more rides on the big railway :)

Am on Readham - thanks Steve - for the weekend.

Will be taking fans with me!

Phil

‘Team Readham’ is being boosted by both Phil’s modelling expertise and his fans :)

Phil is also bringing some guest heritage diesels for the Diesel Specials (Mk1 rake), we tried them out this afternoon - they looked and sounded awesome!

Come and have a chat, we’re a friendly team who like to run a busy model railway (no timetable, so if you see something in the Fiddleyard that you’d like to see running just ask :) )

• Like 3

Good Morning,

It's the final countdown now and the mass panic to make sure everything is packed,last minute jobs are all done and dusted and the decisions on what stock to take. Some of which still needs repairing after the Nottingham show. There is nothing like a little bit of last minute activity.

We look forward to seeing you all at the weekend.

Benjamin

post-11257-0-72261400-1528707793_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be there with Oakenshaw on the Sunday. When I'm not on the layout I plan to visit the CMC stand and maybe a few others, and I may just have to visit Readham to witness lovely Sulzer, Brush and Maybach engines whistling through the 21st century infrastructure (and to say hi to Phil, Steve and the rest of the crew).

Note to self - bring plenty of drinks, judging by previous reports it may get a bit stifling in that marquee....

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning,

It's the final countdown now and the mass panic to make sure everything is packed,last minute jobs are all done and dusted and the decisions on what stock to take. Some of which still needs repairing after the Nottingham show. There is nothing like a little bit of last minute activity.

We look forward to seeing you all at the weekend.

Benjamin

Whoa there - bus on bridge alert!!!

But seriously that looks a cracking layout - which one is it please?

Phil

You can see Tonbridge West Yard at the show, the layout will be retired after the Canterbury show in January 2019, only other show this year will be Fareham in October.

Picture below is scenic section after minor repairs before being taken down today.

post-1373-0-74122000-1528894648_thumb.jpg

See you there.

Cheers.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I will be going up to the club room this evening to help get Ambleside ready for loading into the van tomorrow. Let's hope the M1 behaves itself.

post-22878-0-19121200-1528898253_thumb.jpg

See you there.

Brian

You can see Tonbridge West Yard at the show, the layout will be retired after the Canterbury show in January 2019, only other show this year will be Fareham in October.

Picture below is scenic section after minor repairs before being taken down today.

attachicon.gifTWY pre GCR.JPG

See you there.

Cheers.

Look forward to seeing you again Paul.

There's two things good and bad for you this coming weekend...............the first is that young Fraser will be "helping" you, but the good to outweigh that, is I'm relieving him of his HST set and the charter rake for use on Glasgow Queen St, so you won't have to tell him to leave it all in his stock box! Every cloud and all that.....

I'm planning on being there Friday, so see you then.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The marquee is filling up nicely with many excellent layouts. Looks as though it will be sunny, hopefully not as hot as last year.

The GCR Bridge model is set up and running on our stand which is the link between the two halls.

• RMweb Gold

Ticket bought - will be coming up by train to Loughboro BR early Saturday and then walking up to the GCR. Looking forward to the walk back in a Thunderstorm looking at the Met Office website!

• RMweb Gold

Ambleside all set up, just the stock to put on in the morning and we are ready to go.

post-22878-0-95810800-1529003574_thumb.jpg

Feel free to have a word if you are attending. There is still a lot of detailing to do but we hope that you will find the layout presentable.

Brian

Edited by 88C
  • Like 2

Good Evening all,

We are all set up now and ready to rock and roll, however we might be doing plenty of rocking and rolling on the dance floor, that's defiantly what it feels like in there.

Anyway the layout ran smoothly all bar the Caledonian Sleeper which I think needs some weight adding to the MK3s and a change of tension lock couplings to buckeyes. Just another job for when we get back.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Benjamin

post-11257-0-12161700-1529006405_thumb.jpg

post-11257-0-98774400-1529006414_thumb.jpg

• Like 4