Darlington Railway Modelling (DRM)

I will have to pop in sometime when you open and ermm... spend?? blink.gif

Ooohhh spend you will! The chap that installed the security system made a purchase, and I've got an farish BR Blue 08 on hold. Things are going steady by the looks of things and they'll be heads down tomorrow getting it altogether.

Ooohhh spend you will! The chap that installed the security system made a purchase, and I've got an farish BR Blue 08 on hold. Things are going steady by the looks of things and they'll be heads down tomorrow getting it altogether.

Looks like another late one tomorrow getting everthing ready for Saturday. 2 things are touch and go for Saturday, Books and Credit Card machines. There is a cash point at the Post Office nearby though :rolleyes:

Kettle is on now. Simon and myself will be here till very late sad.gif . Currently listening to Big Country smile.gif

Good choice! - The Crossing I presume! Or Steeltown if not!! See you tomorrow when you will have the pleasure of SWMBO too!!! Making sure I don't spend too much!

Regards

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

well the night shift is heading off to bed with less than 7 hours to go. Why is it Hornby and Bachmann put so much packaging around thier stuff angry.gif unsure.gif

Hopefully i will be alive tomorrow to help out huh.gif

see you later

cheers

Simon

Congrats on opening the shop Mike. Looked very good inside. Nice displays with cabinets at a good height. Im sure everything else will come in time, but the opening was great, as it was nice to see how such a loyal following you have gained over the years.

However, visiting the shop should carry a government health warning....

Congrats on opening the shop Mike. Looked very good inside. Nice displays with cabinets at a good height. Im sure everything else will come in time, but the opening was great, as it was nice to see how such a loyal following you have gained over the years.

However, visiting the shop should carry a government health warning....

I second that notion! Quite remarkable how so many of us were there and in the shop before 10! And I am very sure it's going to be very prosperous from now on for DRM, come on blackhat...buy a loco! :P

I second that notion! Quite remarkable how so many of us were there and in the shop before 10! And I am very sure it's going to be very prosperous from now on for DRM, come on blackhat...buy a loco! :P

Thirded and seconded. There was a nice pannier you wanted ;).

Great little shop which will no doubt become full of plenty of good items in the near future - looking forward to a return visit.

What people do not understand about me placing an order for a pack..... thats a purchase! And vote of confidence in securing good service... Yes I'd like other engines, but who doesnt... need to get more overtime for it all....

As no cash exchanged hands on the day it does not count as a purchase - you could have bought a track rubber or some fishplates :rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

What people do not understand about me placing an order for a pack..... thats a purchase! And vote of confidence in securing good service... Yes I'd like other engines, but who doesnt... need to get more overtime for it all....

You should know that unless money changes hands it dosn't count biggrin.gif .........but there is a Fastline 66 with your name on it wink.gif wink.gif

cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Mike, if it stays as busy as that you will have to devise a one way system, passing the till many times of courserolleyes.gif.

A great way to spend a morning (and a few quid ohmy.gif ) Well done to Mike, Simon (night shift) and all the others who helped get it this far (not forgetting DaveC46026, who at just before 10 was valiantly hoovering up the mess left by Mike and Simon).

A few posts ago it was mentioned about cash machines running out of money, well the one I went to at 9.45 had already run out of 20'sbiggrin.gif .

ps. Pie was good tootongue.gif .

Mike, if it stays as busy as that you will have to devise a one way system, passing the till many times of courserolleyes.gif.

I fear my rucksack caused some problems gettin around the floor and people trying to get past me :(

Next time it's that busy, I shall dump my bag behind the counter - while mike sneaks some bits in and runs them through the till :P

Well that's day one over. Home briefly before heading to Bishop to set out the show tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all who came, it was absolutely packed at 5 past 10. I couldn't believe it. Normal service will be resumed on Tuesday. Special thanks to Simon, Malcolm, Paul and Dave, who have been of enormous help and support.

Mike

Archived