Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Nice Sleepers on YouTube, love the banter...

But Sydney is an English surname. It is probably derived from an Anglo-Saxon locational name, is that the Sydney you are on about !haha!

Regards

Jamie

• Like 2

As Much as I like living near Melbourne I do like going to Sydney.

Anyway since my meeting the other week I have put the Diesels back on. Each loco coach and wagon was given a quick once over before being put back on the track. I have a list of things that need doing like painting some wheels replacing a few air pipes and fixing a few speedo cables. Something I did do when putting the stock back on was to clean the wheels quite a number of wagons and coaches where quite dirty.

I have also been running the timetable and the videos below show some of the early morning trains. The class 37 hauled train is heading back to Cardiff on a vans/passenger working.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 13

There is hope for you yet - see you at the Convention?

Ha ha, We had a great trip up last year so certainly will be up again. Convention maybe depending on cash flow.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The duff on the sleepers looks convincingly real Peter. If the sleeper compartment windows had randomly lowered blinds fitted I might have been totally convinced though I know what a **** of a job that is.

• Like 1

Hi

I like the DMU Cl419 luggage van, is the Two-Car DMU it's pulling are those both dummy cars...?

Looks nice with the All Blue with Blue/Grey DMU, I have the cl419 in Blue/Grey but the all Blue looks equally as smart.

Regards

Jamie

Hi

I like the DMU Cl419 luggage van, is the Two-Car DMU it's pulling are those both dummy cars...?

Looks nice with the All Blue with Blue/Grey DMU, I have the cl419 in Blue/Grey but the all Blue looks equally as smart.

Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I think you are referring to the class 128 Gloucester Diesel Parcels Unit (DPU). Class 419 were the Southern Region third rail electric Motor Luggage Vans.

Hi

Thanks for the correction, yes your right... sorry for that lol looks great YouTube Clips and the Parcels Train does to.

Regards

Jamie

I can vouch for the fact that the layout is every bit as good in the flesh as it is in the videos. Peter has a great eye for detail.

• RMweb Premium

I can vouch for the fact that the layout is every bit as good in the flesh as it is in the videos. Peter has a great eye for detail.

I’ll second that.

The duff on the sleepers looks convincingly real Peter. If the sleeper compartment windows had randomly lowered blinds fitted I might have been totally convinced though I know what a **** of a job that is.

Thanks Rick, I can't remember if MK3s had blinds. but either way i don't fancy doing them.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Yes the Mk3 sleepers have blinds on the compartment windows.  I haven't managed to break into any of mine yet but I have done all the Mk1 sleepers including adding a few passengers here and there.  That was hard enough.  Mk1 sleepers also had blinds on the doors and, IIRC, on the corridor side windows which Mk3 ones don't have.

Hi

Yes I can imagine just how good it must be in the flesh, as the YouTube clips clearly brings that out, there is clearly talent on here...

If only they would be accepted as a talent on BGT (Britain's Got Talent) or an Oz equal to it. ha-ha... can you imagine the crowds as it's wheeled out onto the stage for all to see, how shallow thinking the crowds can be.... some people just done appreciate the view through a modeller's eye view. ha-ha

Regards

Jamie

• Like 2

Hi

Yes I can imagine just how good it must be in the flesh, as the YouTube clips clearly brings that out, there is clearly talent on here...

If only they would be accepted as a talent on BGT (Britain's Got Talent) or an Oz equal to it. ha-ha... can you imagine the crowds as it's wheeled out onto the stage for all to see, how shallow thinking the crowds can be.... some people just done appreciate the view through a modeller's eye view. ha-ha

Regards

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I am quite happy for the layout to stay in the garage. Plenty of people get to see it via here and on facebook.

Cheers Peter.

I never tire of your layout Peter. That last one is superb.

Thanks Cav, I actually posted up the wrong pic I managed to cut the top of the yard lamp off.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-83652400-1525941178_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

A few more. 

47561 ticks over in the middle road. Waiting to work the next Inter City service to Holyhead.

45111 waits for the road to go on shed.

A new service on Llanbourne is an Afternoon Speedlink from Crewe with some MOD and clay traffic. I know this traffic wasn't seen on the coast but I remember seeing it at Eastleigh back in the day and have always wanted a couple of clay tigers.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-04878000-1525941501_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-97441800-1525941561_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-33636300-1525941669_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks Andy. Hope you are taking it easy.

Cheers Peter.

Yes indeed good Sir. In fact looking on here has given me the urge to have a good Run on KM either later or tomorrow.

Nice bit of Banger Blue never offends in my book. hahah.

• Like 1