Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Peter did you scratch-build the brick arch canopy supports in the second photo or are they kit bashed Wills. I'm thinking of having something similar on the top level of Louville Lane separating the passenger traffic from the parcels bay.

Hi Alan,

I did them from Scratch using the Slaters brick sheets. Some look better than others, not sure I would do it again.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-68231200-1511257372_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

108 class DMU works a local service from Bangor past the carriage sidings and oil terminal.

97407 ex 40012 is very much on borrowed time as it arrives at Llanbourne on a loaded ballast.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 16

108 class DMU works a local service from Bangor past the carriage sidings and oil terminal.

97407 ex 40012 is very much on borrowed time as it arrives at Llanbourne on a loaded ballast.

Cheers Peter.

Love the 40 and those Mermaids look terrific!!!

Excellent photography of a brilliant subject  

JInty ;)

• Like 1

Love the 40 and those Mermaids look terrific!!!

Excellent photography of a brilliant subject  

JInty ;)

Thanks Jinty, yes the Mermaids were a pain to build but I am happy with them. 

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Looking good as always Peter.  The comments on Mermaids have convinced me now is not the time to indulge!  Yours look superb but there's just no space to set up a workbench here and I really don't fancy tackling something which you have described as " a pain" with nothing more than an angle-poise lamp and a cutting mat on the computer desk.  Once work settles down I might try to get along to Twickenham MRC and see what they can offer.

• Like 1

Looking good as always Peter.  The comments on Mermaids have convinced me now is not the time to indulge!  Yours look superb but there's just no space to set up a workbench here and I really don't fancy tackling something which you have described as " a pain" with nothing more than an angle-poise lamp and a cutting mat on the computer desk.  Once work settles down I might try to get along to Twickenham MRC and see what they can offer.

Hi Rick,

Hope you are well, good to hear from you. Have you found a job then?

If you fancy doing a wagon kit try a Parkside kit  they go together really well.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter

Starting with South Western next week as a despatcher at Clapham Junction.  That'll keep me on my toes.  Weekday morning peaks only (officially anyway) so plenty of hobby time.  Just not the space to do anything here.  I'll grab a Parkside kit sometime soon and see what i can make of it though.

Cheers

Rick

• Like 4

Hi Peter

Starting with South Western next week as a despatcher at Clapham Junction.  That'll keep me on my toes.  Weekday morning peaks only (officially anyway) so plenty of hobby time.  Just not the space to do anything here.  I'll grab a Parkside kit sometime soon and see what i can make of it though.

Cheers

Rick

Come on Rick, I've got O Gauge in 6ft x 15 inches, hahaha, Penybont Sidings.

Good luck with the new job.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while since my last post but I have been doing a few bits and pieces though not much. 

Bif has helped me sort the sound in my class 33 and a reblow for 47636 has made it sound heaps better with plenty of thrash.

33202 leaves Llanbourne for Cardiff.

47636 gets the power down as it leaves on a TPO train.

Merry Christmas All Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter,

Both the 33 and 47 sound OK now. I have installed the semaphore for the station down road and removed the colour light signal. The semaphore is interlocked with the down loop and operates and looks much better.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Peter

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Both the 33 and 47 sound OK now. I have installed the semaphore for the station down road and removed the colour light signal. The semaphore is interlocked with the down loop and operates and looks much better.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Many thanks too you for your help with the re programming of the sound decoders. 

I am glad you are using some of your semaphores they look so good. 

Merry Christmas Peter.

• Like 3