Kernow Model Centre - Hunslet Barclay Class 20s

backwaterscotland

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The associated water tank wagons are now showing as In Stock at Kernow - I wonder how far down the list I am this time :P

Kernow Model Centre

Andy B)

Thanks Andy for mentioning this. I had hoped they would have emailed me about these as I purchased the 20's.

Thanks Andy for mentioning this. I had hoped they would have emailed me about these as I purchased the 20's.

Their information on these packs hasn't been quite as described - according to the description of the 20 pack :

We will in future release a matching wagon pack of TTA tanks and a matching coach pack representing the full weedkilling train. Details of these packs will be sent to customers who purchase this Class 20 pack.

But there seems to have been no communication about either of the two packs and the first one has arrived! I wonder if the plan was good but executing it for the 500+ buyers just didn't work out (I also wonder if they planned a mailshot with both the coach and tank packs on it but, since details of the coach pack are a little thin (read non-existent), the mailshot was shelved?)

Andy B)

I sent an email to Kernow's to see if there was any news on the associated coach packs. Got the usual prompt and helpful response:

We will have news about the coach pack in due course, as our intention was always to spread the release dates to allow people time to save for each pack. It will probably be sometime next year and we will of course announce it on our newsletter and website in due course.

Looking forward to next year then!

I sent an email to Kernow's to see if there was any news on the associated coach packs. Got the usual prompt and helpful response:

We will have news about the coach pack in due course, as our intention was always to spread the release dates to allow people time to save for each pack. It will probably be sometime next year and we will of course announce it on our newsletter and website in due course.

That suits me, gives me time to save up. Looking at a video online there is 4 coaches in the set so you arew probably talking about £100 for the set.

• 1 year later...

Since there has been no news on the coach pack for some 18 months I emailed Kernow this morning and got the following reply :

We are still planning on doing the pack but have no more details at present. Please keep an eye on our adverts and weekly newsletter for any news in this respect.

So it doesn't look like anytime soon - I've been putting off doing the coaches myself while I wait to see what Kernow come up with but it looks like some coach kits and conversions might be on the cards.

Andy B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Could any of you please enlighten me as to when these locos were in service as they are depicted in the Kernow release? They seem to have been in service quite a while but not with the extra decals on. I have had a look at photos and can't put a definite time frame on it.

What I really want to know is can they be run on a late BR layout?

Many thanks

Guy

Thanks for that Paul. It gives me a idea of times in that livery.

Next up. If Kernow did a coach pack could you assume that it will be the grey ones as opposed to the green ones and as such would depict a weedkiller train front the South of England and South Wales as opposed to North Wales Northern England and Scotland?

I am working on the assumption that the pics I have see appear to suggest this.

Course I know Nowt about these train formations, just trying to piece it together.

Cheers

Guy

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Paul. It gives me a idea of times in that livery.

Next up. If Kernow did a coach pack could you assume that it will be the grey ones as opposed to the green ones and as such would depict a weedkiller train front the South of England and South Wales as opposed to North Wales Northern England and Scotland?

I am working on the assumption that the pics I have see appear to suggest this.

Course I know Nowt about these train formations, just trying to piece it together.

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy,

The 20/9's were allocated to the north or south area trains.

20901/4 were usually on the southern area "grey" one and 20902/903 on the northern "green" one - to use your descriptions. The grey one was operated by Nomix-Chapman and contained an ex-SR bogie GUV's - have a search for Horsham/Nomix/Chapman.

The Schering/Agrevo train was formed of (in some case, substantially) converted Mk1's (no doubt the limited edition will be painted green and that'll do)

20905/906 were the spare locos and used as required. (I have a vague plan to do 20902/905 on the Agrevo train using Hurst Models etched sides)

Cheers,

Mick

Guy,

The added writing was with the grey livery coaches (previous livery was green but not the Schering green). But for part of this time the old SR van spray coach was used before being replaced with the Mk1 replacement spray coach. I understand Kernow will be doing the Chipman coaches as the locos and tanks are numbered and marked for the Chipman train.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

For those who cannot access Facebook (including me now at work but I read something on Facebook last night) it was along the lines of "When the last of the few remaining tanks go, the coaches will be done", hopefully soon.

• 6 months later...

Archived