Members' Day 2011 - Stafford - Full line-up announced.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I'm quite a way from the tea and buns, that, some would say is a good thing (won't stop me though).

Glad I'm not opposite Bradfield, Oh, I'm opposite Bury, Thorn & Son so, still no trains running on Felton Lane. unsure.gif

Hmmm... Maybe I'll wait till sunday when the crowds have died down! Shame that Andy bloke from RMWeb hasn't got a stand - he's always good to chat to...

Really looking forward to this now - I'll have to behave for the next few weeks so I can get time off ;)

• RMweb Premium

That's handy. I'm next to the exit so I can disappear when things don't quite work. :unsureclear:

Cheers

Dave (Just rushing down to the shed to continue with the on-going panic)

I eat curry and my cooperator (the missus) likes beanzz.

There may be trouble in the afternoon seeing as my chilli and fiery beans are on the lunch menu. yes.gif

I'm quite a way from the tea and buns, that, some would say is a good thing (won't stop me though).

Glad I'm not opposite Bradfield, Oh, I'm opposite Bury, Thorn & Son so, still no trains running on Felton Lane. unsure.gif

haha I am opposite Bradfield!! Im sure I can make plenty of tea and bun runs between services!! :yes:

Please, please, please... can there be plenty of pictures and full report after this event... I'm so sorry that I'll not be able to make it (now confirmed as having other duties that weekend). Have a great show all... I suspect you all will.

Several members of Stafford Railway Circle have offered their kind support for the event with the loan of some equipment and manpower assistance. They're also kindly publicising the event on their rather good website @ http://www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/. They will also be on hand to promote the Stafford Railway Circle and have offered to open their new club members (about 8 miles from the venue) for those who wish to pop up there and take a look whilst in the vicinity.

We will be having a open house for RMweb members from 13:00 to 17:00 at our new clubrooms in Stone

We will have one 4mm layout operating with Modern Image, Work on our new 4mm layout Whiteacres which makes it debut at Warley in 2012 Also our 7mm & 7mm NG layouts as well as the two EM layouts will be available for viewing.

Tea & Coffee will be available and easy parking.

Leaflets will be available at the RMweb event with details of how to find the new Stafford Railway Circles clubrooms or contact Terry on 07825-917857

Please do drop Eltel a PM if you'd like to go over to the clubrooms.

The subject of cakes for afternoon tea has arisen with Mr TTG and it looks like we may have the pleasure of Bara Brith again; it now seems only right to include the cake discussions so if anyone fancies bringing along any specialities for sharing around in the afternoon please feel free to shout up. Regional specialities especially!

Mrs Flynn has offered to make some cakes Andy.Looking forward to show.

Hugh

as mark has said he and Ellie will be there but due to my parish council commitments and so on I can not make it but I will send him with some sort of cake not sure what type yet or design,(some one will have to take the plunge and make the first slice) you will all have to wait and see maybe next year I will make it!

love cakes'n'trains

Well, having sorted out a potentially awkward calendar clash I'm pleased to say that I'll definitely be able to make it, family in tow. Mrs G has again offered to bake a cake for the occasion so I've accepted her offer on everyone's behalf rolleyes.gif

As always, I'm more than happy to lend a hand operating anything if needed (translation: "please let me have a go with your layout!"). Ellie, my eldest daughter, is now capable of operating mine, albeit with a bit of supervision, so if anyone is desperate for an extra pair of hands then I'm sure she'll chip in too.... wink3.gif

Just as a little teaser for folks - one of the listed layouts probably won't be appearing but it will be replaced by a layout from the same modeller which has periodically been glimpsed on these pages and hasn't been out in public before.

I shan't name it just yet until I know he's 100% ready for it. :)

• RMweb Gold

As always, I'm more than happy to lend a hand operating anything if needed (translation: "please let me have a go with your layout!"). Ellie, my eldest daughter, is now capable of operating mine, albeit with a bit of supervision, so if anyone is desperate for an extra pair of hands then I'm sure she'll chip in too....

If it's practicable she's welcome to have a go on Widnes.

Archived