Members' Day 2011 - Stafford - Full line-up announced.

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Mais oui, monsieur. Nothing goes to waste here.

Speaking of which (and sort of DCC too), i've got an old Hornby Zero1 Master and Slave units. These are surplus to Spam requirements and will be free to a good home if any one is interested. Let me know.

I may have to find a small, dark room to hide in.

It's full; I'm hiding in here.

Exhibitors' badges will be in the welcome packs and there will be badges for visitors to scribble their names on.

• RMweb Gold

Well, SWMBO went out for her tea with the girlies so a productive evening ensued with

• Fourgig wired up for Dynamis and tested
  • Summat Colliery tested AOK and track cleaned
  • Fishplates fitted to the single line exit on Fourgig so that I can connect a short length of track for better operation

Will get packed up tonight ready for a quick getaway tomorrow morning

• RMweb Premium

Full-on panic mode now. Still have few bits to sort out before packing the toys into the car. At least a train ran all the way round the layout yesterday. That's gotta be progress! Whether the trains will still run after being transported half way up the country is yet to be seen.

Gonna be a good one.

Cheers

Dave

I hope it all goes well, I cant make it as I'm playing trains on my mates train set.

Don't forget your cameras so those of us who cant make it can see it.

All the best to Andy and the gang

OzzyO.

• RMweb Gold

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. I really had hoped to be there this year and had even started investigating possible overnight accommodation but collecting child from university duties are required this weekend.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Final coffee being drunk before leaving to join eldavo and Waton. Passport ready to hopefully transit the wall which protects central southern England from the rest of you lot.....looking forward to meeting a lot of you lot over the weekend!!

• RMweb Gold

May I also wish the good ship RMWeb Members' Day 2011 a serene and successful voyage. We should have been at the bi-ennial Le Mans French Cars retrospective this weekend, but Deb has some ghastly tummy bug, so that's that!

May I ask the usual suspects to please be generous with your photos and videos of this great event once you have returned home - some of us overseas really relish your efforts to show the show - and the people who make it happen!

Good luck to you all.

Have a mammoth cake baking session planned for this afternoon. All being well there will be Victoria Sponge, Parkin and possibly Boiled Fruit Cake to an ancient and secret recipe loaned to me by Kelly's family...

As Kelly and I have offered to help with set-up tomorrow morning, what sort of time do you want us to be there please?

Really looking forward to this event and having a go on Summat Colliery, Widnes Vine Yard , Aberdeen Kirkhill (if I beg enough, I'm prepared to get on my knees to do this but will need a hand getting up :lol: ) and any other layouts that I can blag my way onto.

Only concern is will I be able to sleep tonight?

what sort of time do you want us to be there please?

I know a few folk arriving about 8.00 could do with a hand with getting their layouts from car to hall.

I didn't sleep much last night either! laugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

Although I haven't been baking myself, I did call into Botham's yesterday to get some Shah ginger and Chocolate chip biscuits and a couple of their Battenburgs.

I've managed to get 2 layouts in the car (Felton Lane and Mike's Capstan Layout) and there's still plenty of room!

See you all tonight/tomorrow.

I've managed to get 2 layouts in the car (Felton Lane and Mike's Capstan Layout) and there's still plenty of room!

See you all tonight/tomorrow.

Yay, I won't have to hang on to the roof for 200 miles then! :yahoo:

Really looking forward to it.

Two Of Mrs E's special chocolate cakes just iced and ready for delivery tomorrow.

See you all there. :good:

I'm also loading up the van for tomorrow. I have a small display board with some of my railway road vehicle collection. At present I have packed stuff from the green/yellow period up to today. Any requests ?

Also coming are my photograph collection and most of the fleet lists.

Merf.

Although I haven't been baking myself, I did call into Botham's yesterday to get some Shah ginger and Chocolate chip biscuits and a couple of their Battenburgs.

Ooooh Battenburg! They are the subject of my current cravings! Slight revision to to my baking list- there will be no boiled fruit cake as I don't have enough available oven time. (I'm having to bake at my mum's).

Archived