Maintenance Depot

daryl43068

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Finally build the baseboard, and got a few pikkies. Meant to post yesterday but internet went on the blink!

CIMG0752.jpg

The doggie helping!

IMGP1421.jpg

Finished board. Not the best looking thing but should improve ;)

IMGP1422.jpg

Proof of size,

IMGP1423.jpg

Proof of size.

The baseboard is a tad small, due to the backscene to be added, making sure the board is in the 20x11x11 size limit.

Hi all!

Got some more pikkies,

IMGP1447.jpg

Track laid

And this is the view I hope to re-create, various locos in bits etc! (the rear backscene wont be wonkey!

CIMG0758.jpg

The messy bit, filler placed in to re-create the sunken hard standing concrete you find in depots. Its not finished yet but will get there!

IMGP1448.jpg

Thats all for now!

Cheers

Daryl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thank you for the comments!

Made a bit more progress, need to get me backside into gear! After various amounts of sanding and filling;

2011-08-23145752.jpg

Still got a bit more to do, and tidy it up a bit. These are the views I wish to create;

2011-08-23145712.jpg

And been working on a HST power car;

2011-08-23145809.jpg

Thats all for now!

Cheers

Daryl

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind comments Pete!

My apologies for lack of updates so far, but made a bit of progress. The walls have now been painted and ready for weathering, support beams have been made up and sprayed black, and will be fitted after the walls have been weathered.

Now then, the right hand wall (i.e the one without the doors) I'm not sure what to do with. It will currently have 2 coaches chopped in half and stuck on the wall to give the impression the shed is bigger. My idea would be to paint the wall black and put some girders in between the tracks. Bearing in mind the wall was never intended to be photographed as a backdrop for models, just wondering what I can do with it?

Cheers

Daryl

Good Afternoon!

The walls are now weathered, the second coat is drying on the beams, black stripes on the doors added and the pins have been fitted to the right hand wall to 'hang' the half coaches on. Here is a few photos for you.

2011-09-18112515.jpg

Doors. the middle one will have some of the top painted sliver, to replicate replacement section of the door. The runners will be painted grey, and some gunmetal will be added to represent grease.

2011-09-18125919.jpg

Overall view. you can see the brass pins that will hold the coaches up.

2011-09-18125936.jpg

Close up of the weathered wall, created purely by accident!

2011-09-18130116.jpg

The two coaches.

2011-09-18130956.jpg

Little bit of fun! A dustbin with a bin bag in!

Thats all for now, the beams will be ready to add later and will add the grey to the door runners now.

Cheers

Daryl

Hello All!!

Thank you all for your kind comments, it really gives one a boost! The doors have now been weathered, just need to spray the remainder of the beams, weather the floor and add a few little details!

Just over a week to go!

Thanks for following!

Daryl

Archived