New OO gauge Class 73

Should this be the next livery variation from Dapol?

73006.JPG.46c1b4ac416b1b24a3725ef3f85f0321.JPG

Has anyone else done this to their £85 Collectors Club 73/0?

Edited by Flood
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Should this be the next livery variation from Dapol?

attachicon.gif73006.JPG

Has anyone else done this to their £85 Collectors Club 73/0?

I repainted a Blue one into, errrrr........ Blue, rather than the Purple Dapol used :O

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-51833200-1526051775_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-47549000-1526051792_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

On 11/05/2018 at 16:16, Phil Mc said:

I repainted a Blue one into, errrrr........ Blue, rather than the Purple Dapol used :O

Cheers,

Phil.

Ah, like this one...

73127.JPG.a039fc81dcc9bf7c8b3ed362e4b844bc.JPG

and here are the two together. I know the roofs should have translucent panels but once they are weathered the roofs will by totally covered by grime anyway.

2047989662_7312773006.JPG.6b93ab03ee0da7ab437cc7451d91cfcd.JPG

All in all I really like Dapol's model. 006 still needs to be pickup modified, and they will both be sound fitted, but it shows that with a quick repaint this model easily makes the grade.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Ah, like this one...

attachicon.gif73127.JPG

and here are the two together. I know the roofs should have translucent panels but once they are weathered the roofs will by totally covered by grime anyway.

attachicon.gif73127 & 73006.JPG

All in all I really like Dapol's model. 006 still needs to be pickup modified, and they will both be sound fitted, but it shows that with a quick repaint this model easily makes the grade.

Totally agree !

The 73 is one of my favourite models (once you see past the suspect colours used for the liveries!)

It's a bonus that it's easy to take apart for painting, a bigger bonus that it's easy to put back together after painting, and whoever came up with detachable bufferbeams is a genius, they're SO easy to detail !! :sungum:

Cheers,

Phil.

Totally agree !

The 73 is one of my favourite models (once you see past the suspect colours used for the liveries!)

It's a bonus that it's easy to take apart for painting, a bigger bonus that it's easy to put back together after painting, and whoever came up with detachable bufferbeams is a genius, they're SO easy to detail !! :sungum:

Cheers,

Phil.

All the reason for a new batch with liveries and pick up corrected. Some years ago there was talk of Hornby taking Dapol over and you can only imagine how good they would look with Hornbys liveries application.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

Was speaking to one of the Dapol guys at DEMU over the weekend regarding the 73's. Not a huge amount to say, but a new batch is due this year and should have a revised circuit board. Also did say that the livery samples were currently being scrutinised so they come out the right colour! Was also mentiond that their *may* be an option of swapping out circuit boards for the revised ones but nothings concrete yet.

I asked if 73/9's were on the radar and was told that depending on how the next batch sell, then finances may well be released to produce them. Wait and see I guess!

Andy.

• Like 2

Just bought the Faversham limited edition early BR Blue version for £73.

Very pleased with the model, maybe the livery errors prevented it from receiving the praise it deserved.

The blue on this version seems fine to me.

I just wanted to thank DCC Supplies for excellent after sales backup, as my model arrived with a cab front handrail missing at one end.

A quick email and, in less than 48 hours, I received a pack of replacement handrails. Excellent service, for many other manufacturers it would not have been possible to obtain such parts.

Edited by AshleyH

To follow on from Ashley's post I sent an inquiry email to DCC Supplies when I was repainted my 73/0 asking whether they had round buffers as spares as only the oval ones were originally listed on the website. A day later they replied to say that they were available and now listed on their site. These, along with replacement grills as I messed up the originals, really helped in completing my 73/0.

So that's another thumbs up for DCC Supplies from me.

• 3 weeks later...

No frothing required from me, no BR blue and no Intercity in the correct colours to rectify their first batch, so personally I'm not interested.

And more green 73/0s. Why are they always green? They did make it into tops blue....

• RMweb Premium

And more green 73/0s. Why are they always green? They did make it into tops blue....

73004 and 73005 in their non-standard blue liveries and named after the Bluebell and Mid Hants railways respectively would make good limited editions too.

• Like 1

those new liveries seems very vibrant and dare I say better than some of the early versions.   strange they haven't featured at least one BR Blue or maybe an

Inter-City version in this batch......at least one !  the tech spec states all new electrical system so hopefully issues on earlier models have been eradicated.

• RMweb Gold

Is it coincidence that the 2 Hornby class 73s in green were E6003 and E6002, Dapol's first green 73 was E6003 and now they too are releasing E6002, or is there a valid reason why only these 2 numbers are suitable for green with no yellow panel?

Dapol has done E6001 first, for the collectors club.

Only the class 73/0’s wore green. E6001-E6006.

All 6 look to have been initially all over green no yellow ends at some point

Edited by adb968008

Just been comparing the pic of the NSE Dapol 73 with photos of the real thing, roof needs to be a much darker grey (almost black) and the model for some strange reason has black front window surrounds.

I really want that model, i do hope Dapol spot the mistake and rectify it.