When the real thing looks like a model

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't possibly say!

OK I give in, it's real (12 inches to the foot)! Portsmouth Harbour station, a view from the Spinnaker Tower. Unfortunately I didn't notice it until just before it went out so it was a rushed shot. The pictures I took of the coaches look even more like models to me!

post-138-0-31298800-1337601796_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Some of the railway scenes in the Ealing comedy "The Lady Killers" look like a 1950s model railway, particuarily the shots taken from a height and looking down on the tracks.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

I commented on this picture in the "Norfolk Southern Heritage Locomotives" topic, but at the time I couldn't find this topic to post it in - http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=396487&nseq=14 I think what makes it look model-like is the 'straight out of the box' cleanliness of the engine, plus the lack of incidental detail in the setting.

• Like 2

Aha !,..I'd'a though the P4 / EM Guys would have stepped in, afore now,.. but,.. as it 'appens,...yon, stewartingram is nearer the mark.

'Tis, in fact, 12" to 1', or P304.8.

Here's the original.

post-7009-0-38232000-1340477740_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

But,... but,.. But.. (I'm butting in)....

Mike D's pic. looks more like 'Scale 7'. All those locos have been, or are presently available, either in kit form, or in the growing 'O Guage' RTR market.

Dunno 'bout those background buildings tho'

Edited by Ceptic

Chris H.

Great photo. :good:

If it's Hornby, you didn't waste much time re-numbering the loco and adding the off-white corridor panels to the BCK. What number did you give the Set?.

On the other hand......If it's......