Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

• RMweb Gold

At present there is a single pack containing TSO/FK. Production of further TSOs will depend on demand. Demand would need to be very strong. Particularly, because in this instance, as you say, you can run blue/grey vehicles with them.

CHRIS LEIGH

I dont understand the thinking behind including a FK.

I was going to buy multiples of this pack but I dont want an equal amount of first and second class.

I dont know the details of how the prototype would have run so maybe im missing something.

If it was just a twin TSO pack I probably would get 2 or 3 packs.

Like I say maybe my knowledge is all wrong for these.

The alternative would have been a two-pack of TSOs. Then people would have complained that there was no first class vehicle! Remember the other vehicles can be made up with non-TP liveried stock. As understand it, these trains weren't in matching livery throughout.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

The alternative would have been a two-pack of TSOs. Then people would have complained that there was no first class vehicle! Remember the other vehicles can be made up with non-TP liveried stock. As understand it, these trains weren't in matching livery throughout.

CHRIS LEIGH

Thanks very much for the information. I wrongly thought/assumed these would have run in block colours.

Having now looked into other pictures further it seems if I get 2 packs then I can single one of the FK's out for its own seperate working as here; http://css1.media.tr...29216354868.jpg . Seems like almost anything goes :-)

Well they certainly did run in full TP liveried rakes for several years. Commonly:

Mk.1 BG + Mk.2 FK + 5 Mk.2 TSO

And they never looked better than when 47475 was at the head to provide a fully matched set of loco and coaches.

In the last couple of years of operation (think this was 1990/1991 but stand to be corrected) the rakes started to be mixed with blue/grey Mk.2s but the memories that stick in my mind are of the full TP rakes.

I've decided to order the FK/TSO twin pack in the end and offer my support to the project if only to help contribute to the demand and the slim possibility of a follow on production of a pair of TSOs as Chris hinted at if demand was very high. If that never happens I'll have to either sell them on or hope that Bachmann see sense and do another run of blue/grey Mk.2 TSOs so I can form a mixed rake. If demand is low but the project still goes ahead then there's a chance I'll pick up another FK/TSO pair in the future just to get another TSO and then sell on the spare FK.

Once 47475 is available to pre-order though, I'll have no hesitation in getting one of these reserved. :good_mini:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just in case anyone is interested, here are the 4 Trans-Pennine sets I recorded at Manchester Victoria on 12 November 1989:

All coaches were in TP livery as far as I can tell (not sure about 5356) 2.5 years after introduction of the livery. As deltic79 noted it was only later on that mixed rakes were really common (apart from the period before full introduction of the services in May 1987 when coaches were being repainted in the new livery).

Just for the record the locos used were 47444, 47477, 47624 and 47488.

Simon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now in stock, Peter.

Regards

Ian

Thanks Ian, Just been and spent my money, I will have to find some more. Are you going to get a set? I would love to see some pics.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Ian, Just been and spent my money, I will have to find some more. Are you going to a set? I would love to see some pics.

Cheers Peter.

Updated my card details this morning, so should be here in next few days. Think it takes long for me to recover from local post depot than it does for gear to make it up from Cornwall.

Regards

Ian

My Trans-Pennine twin pack arrived this morning, the colour looks right to me and brings back many happy memories :sungum:

Many thanks to Model Rail and Kernow, looking forward to 47475.

One last request. Chris, can we please have limited edition certificates for 47475. We are paying a premium price for this model, it deserves a certificate. There is room to make one in the new packaging other people have managed with their`s.

Many Thanks

Jon

We decided, some while back, to stop doing limited edition certificates as they catered primarily to the 'collector' segment of the market, while it was clear that the majority of our limited editions actually sold to modellers who used them and were not really interested in the certificate. The certificates add to the cost and in some cases added considerably to the workload of a very small department. In some instances, I not only signed 500 certificates, I also wrote the numbers on them. There was a period when Bachmann offered the facility for printing consecutively numbered certificates and boxing them in China but this ended when the new-style packaging was introduced. So, sorry, but I think it is unlikely that certificates will re-appear. The price is not a 'premium' as such, it is merely extrapolated from the cost of producing the model plus the handling and postage costs.

CHRIS LEIGH

We decided, some while back, to stop doing limited edition certificates as they catered primarily to the 'collector' segment of the market, while it was clear that the majority of our limited editions actually sold to modellers who used them and were not really interested in the certificate. The certificates add to the cost and in some cases added considerably to the workload of a very small department. In some instances, I not only signed 500 certificates, I also wrote the numbers on them. There was a period when Bachmann offered the facility for printing consecutively numbered certificates and boxing them in China but this ended when the new-style packaging was introduced. So, sorry, but I think it is unlikely that certificates will re-appear. The price is not a 'premium' as such, it is merely extrapolated from the cost of producing the model plus the handling and postage costs.

CHRIS LEIGH

OK, Thanks for the reply.

My Trans-Pennine Mark 2's are waiting for me now, when I get home tonight I am going to run a 50 on a mix of NSE, Blue/Grey with NSE branding and Blue/Grey Mark 2's with a 47 on a Blue/Grey and Trans-Pennine rake going the other way - gotta love modelling as it allows us to do these things.

Hi Chris,

I would love to see a pic of the coaches. If I order a pack is it Kernow that send them out, I ask because I am in Australia so wonder if the VAT will come off.

Thanks Peter.

Hi Chris,

I would love to see a pic of the coaches. If I order a pack is it Kernow that send them out, I ask because I am in Australia so wonder if the VAT will come off.

Thanks Peter.

Peter

I can confirm that Kernow deduct the VAT and add the [postage which will be £8.00.

Regards

Andrew

Archived