Model Rail Limited Editions news

dibber25

Has anybody received the NR and/or first set of RR Mk2 coaches yet? Nothing taken from my credit card yet for my pre-order....

It appears that the pre-order system did not work effectively. It was supposed to be transferred from paper to computer but never was. I would recommend that you phone, ask them to check if they have your pre-order, and if they can't trace it, I would advise you to re-order. Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. We WILL get this sorted out.

CHRIS LEIGH

It appears that the pre-order system did not work effectively. It was supposed to be transferred from paper to computer but never was. I would recommend that you phone, ask them to check if they have your pre-order, and if they can't trace it, I would advise you to re-order. Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. We WILL get this sorted out.

CHRIS LEIGH

The above is exactly what I found when ringing up to check my pre-order this morning. No record of it. The initial order was placed last summer, since when I have moved house. I rang again after the move to advise of the new address. No record of an order from either address. I've now re-ordered. I would advise anyone in a similar position to take action promptly. But mid morning isn't a great time to ring up as you won't get through for ages...

The most alarming point of all this is that, if Chris' above comment is believed, somewhere there is a piece of paper with my (maybe others?) card details and secure code on it. This isn't in any way secure and is a thoroughly unprofessional way of going about things.

• RMweb Gold

I've given up trying to contact the ModelRailShop by phone and have reverted to the website...

Last week when I checked the Network Rail coach was listed so one was ordered. Confirmation e:mail was received followed by my card being charged. Now am waiting for the coach to be delivered within the 28 day period stated.

Just now when I checked the website the Regional Railways Pack #1 was also listed so this has also been ordered through the website. Checking my e:mails, the confirmation e:mail has already been received.

Think that ordering through the website is the most stress-free way of ordering at this point in time. Maybe, in the future, Chris could give the nod on here when new items have arrived and the item is on the website ready for purchase. Hope, though, that the flood of orders will not cause the shop website to crash :blink:

Keith

• RMweb Gold

.....just a note to let you know that purchasing through the website does work.

The Network Rail coach ordered on the website on February 13 arrived today - 10 days from order to delivery. Not too bad.

post-586-0-73411900-1298483478_thumb.jpg

post-586-0-89457100-1298483494_thumb.jpg

Based on the above the Regional Railways set ordered on the website on Monday should arrive by Thursday next week

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Well after seeing the various comments I thought I had better check to see if my preorder for the 2 Regional Railways coach packs was still in place.

Spoke to Shelley at the Model Rail shop who was very polite and helpful.

My preorder was in place and in fact the first pack has been posted today and told to expect by 10th March.

The preorder process seems to work in some cases then.

The most alarming point of all this is that, if Chris' above comment is believed, somewhere there is a piece of paper with my (maybe others?) card details and secure code on it. This isn't in any way secure and is a thoroughly unprofessional way of going about things.

It would seem that they have found the pile of bits of paper, as my pre order has been actioned without any further intervention from me.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

It would seem that they have found the pile of bits of paper, as my pre order has been actioned without any further intervention from me.

Steve

And I was told that my order was keyed into the system when the item came into stock and that the Pack 2 order will be keyed in when thats in stock.

Keyed in from what, this to me implies they have the preorders and are keying them into their ordering system when the item is in stock.

Rang up week last Sat. to check on status of my order - both RR Mk2 packs, the Network Rail coach & also the DRS Support coaches.

I was told my order would be checked by the Team Leader as my order could not be found but the nice lady took my details but was not concerned about retaking it again.

Low & behold, today my 1st Regional Railways Mk2 coach pack has arrived before my single Network Rail coach.

Hopefully this has not be forgotten or sold out @ Glasgow, which I couldn't get to.

Many Thanks for progress so far.

• RMweb Premium

Chris, a while ago in Model rail there was a mention of a single road diesel depot (Scenecraft?) being developed. Is this still going ahead?

Paul

Paul,

Do you mean this depot in Hornby's Skaledale range, based on a rather excellent one on the exhibition circuit? I seem to recall Model Rail mentioning it in the Hornby 2011 releases article Hornby R9679 Traction Shed

Received my Regional Railways Coach Pack 1 yesterday. Very pleased with them, well finished etc. I also noted a payment has been taken for Pack 2 - looking forward to them arriving soon also.

One small issue: Today I recieved a letter from "Great Magazines"/Model Rail informing me that they could not process my order for the Regional Railways Pack 1 ordered Aug 2010 as the CC details were out of date ? Obviously some mix up/duplication has occured with the change over to Model Rail Shop distribution etc ?

Paul,

Do you mean this depot in Hornby's Skaledale range, based on a rather excellent one on the exhibition circuit? I seem to recall Model Rail mentioning it in the Hornby 2011 releases article Hornby R9679 Traction Shed

No i knew of the Skaledale one

Without digging the copy out it mentioned something on the lines of the single track servicing shed at Peterborough.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

.....just a note to let you know that purchasing through the website does work.

The Network Rail coach ordered on the website on February 13 arrived today - 10 days from order to delivery. Not too bad.

Based on the above the Regional Railways set ordered on the website on Monday should arrive by Thursday next week

Keith

In my message above I calculated that the Regional Railway Pack #1 ordered through the website should arrive by tomorrow.....as it happens, the pack arrived yesterday :) .

Today I got a phone call from from a very pleasant lady at the Model Rail Shop advising that they had my back orders to hand but had noted that I had also ordered some of them through the website....did I still want the ones I had backordered or should they be cancelled. That I thought was good.....somebody at CoMag is really trying to get the order systems sorted out.

The lady went on to ask if I still wanted Regional Railways Pack #2 and the DRS Pack on my backorder - yus, I said :D ....and she said "leave it to us and we'll process the order for you"

In my earlier postings I've been critical of the service provided by the new ModelRail Shop....but now, I think, they are turning the corner and probably we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope the systems side of things can get sorted out as all the staff I've had contact with on the phone have all been polite and have tried to help. All they lacked were the systems to help.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Well my two pre orders arrived on two consecutive days! Very nice they are too now all we need to do is make up some more to match for my test train. It's an impression rather than exact I know but they do look the part.

post-6968-0-62114400-1299164440_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-59662600-1299164459_thumb.jpg

post-6968-0-59665300-1299164459_thumb.jpg

And I was told that my order was keyed into the system when the item came into stock and that the Pack 2 order will be keyed in when thats in stock.

Keyed in from what, this to me implies they have the preorders and are keying them into their ordering system when the item is in stock.

That's what should be happening. However, it seemed to me that it wasn't being done and that's why I suggested re-ordering. Sorry for putting out a wrong message.

CHRIS LEIGH

Rang up week last Sat. to check on status of my order - both RR Mk2 packs, the Network Rail coach & also the DRS Support coaches.

I was told my order would be checked by the Team Leader as my order could not be found but the nice lady took my details but was not concerned about retaking it again.

Low & behold, today my 1st Regional Railways Mk2 coach pack has arrived before my single Network Rail coach.

Hopefully this has not be forgotten or sold out @ Glasgow, which I couldn't get to.

Many Thanks for progress so far.

Got home today & noticed back gate left wide open. Had look in secret place where postman left last package & I found my next package containing my Network Rail Mk2 order. So I am even more happier now. Does Dibber25 know anyone at Audi in Germany so I can enquire about my new car order? Just a long shot really :P

Got home today & noticed back gate left wide open. Had look in secret place where postman left last package & I found my next package containing my Network Rail Mk2 order. So I am even more happier now. Does Dibber25 know anyone at Audi in Germany so I can enquire about my new car order? Just a long shot really :P

Crikey! What's the postage cost on that going to be!!?? Or are we talking Busch 1:87 scale?

CHRIS LEIGH

Crikey! What's the postage cost on that going to be!!?? Or are we talking Busch 1:87 scale?

CHRIS LEIGH

Definately not Busch 1:87 as not enough leg room. I'm guessing the deposit Audi took covers postage/Shipping £1,000.

Just hope it comes through either Hull or Immingham Docks as it would make more sense than come from one of the Southern most docks.

As for getting back on topic, I will try & take some pictures and post soon is not beaten to it.

Ok here are some pictures of the Regional Railways Mark 2 Coaches. Sorry, not the best of pictures, trying to use natural lighting but too many shadows. May come out better in the daylight. I gather this is coach Pack one as there is no BSK or was it a BFK with this set? Coach Numbers 5385 & 5316.

post-9111-0-76794900-1299278610_thumb.jpg

post-9111-0-46691700-1299278646_thumb.jpg

post-9111-0-34304000-1299278671_thumb.jpg

post-9111-0-46456700-1299278694_thumb.jpg

post-9111-0-99246600-1299278713_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

My regional Railways set arrived this morning.

Very pleased with them.

I have started a thread with more pics under the Products area as some may not have seen them http://www.rmweb.co....ys-coach-packs/

As mentioned already the packing leaves a bit to be desired, mine were in a Jiffy bag and wrapped in a 1 foot square bit of bubble wrap which missed the corners, probably the most vunerable bit, but we know these issues are being addressed.

Archived