Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

just 3 from last night, forgot my proper camera but it was lashing down anyway

got on my train at chester after it had run round

75B9380E-C804-4B38-BE62-AA7EB37163F8.jpg

over to frodsham Jn to await the possession to be granted

54A4DA53-ED8D-49B7-980F-4A680326F81F.jpg

then on to halton curve to drop rail before heading back out at the runcorn end at halton jn and over to ditton to run round, poor pic as the sun had only just come up!!
EFD98C59-5D9D-483E-BE18-009D494229B6.jpg

then away from there to bescot to dispose of the train and home

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

I meant to mention the barrier vehicles the other day, be interesting to see if they get repainted, I wonder if the Colas liveries pair may make an apperance one day (would have to be coupled buckeye to buckeye permanently though or modified)

Anyway just one from tonight waiting at Stafford for the tesco express to pass

774F95FA-DF9C-47D4-BF8E-23A406BD5C0B.jpg

And a vid of it passing

https://youtu.be/cDHjv-zIHbs

Edited by big jim
  • Like 10

There was some info posted about the barrier coaches that apparently they’re only on short term hire to cover for unavailable break force runners so won’t be being repainted. But things do change so you never know!

Great pics as always and I’ve read from somewhere else that the nmt is out of service as it’s testing equipment needs replacing

Great pics as always and I’ve read from somewhere else that the nmt is out of service as it’s testing equipment needs replacing

• RMweb Gold

It was in derby yesterday morning as a 4 coach unit, no conference coach, but I don’t know if it was off anywhere, normally goes to Heaton on a Saturday but yes it certainly was out of action last week as I should have had it Didcot to derby but got a night in bed instead, quite what’s up with it I don’t know

• RMweb Gold

Just one poor pic from today, went to Blackpool and had a trip up the tower, was going to take my proper camera to get some zoomed in shots of the station but didn’t bother in the end but here’s an iPhone pic of blackpool north station sans tracks apart from platform 1 where there’s a freightliner ballast train

238A2219-E0CF-4172-9D4D-AC94F9ED3ED8.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Just one poor pic from today, went to Blackpool and had a trip up the tower, was going to take my proper camera to get some zoomed in shots of the station but didn’t bother in the end but here’s an iPhone pic of blackpool north station sans tracks apart from platform 1 where there’s a freightliner ballast train

The loco in the platform was 66597 'Viridor'.

Anyone happen to know which one was at the other end ?

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

I believe Colas have sold their three class 47's to GBRf?

The 47s weren't regularly used (if at all?) on IM (test train) work and seemingly not much else recently. So it makes good sense to move them on.

I guess the extra 37s that Colas are getting (418/521) are to cover the hire in of the ROG 37/6s.

Maybe Jim can confirm/deny as required?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

I believe Colas have sold their three class 47's to GBRf?

What will GBRf do with them that Colas won’t? They hired a Colas one a few months ago to provide ETH on the Inverness and Aberdeen routes of the Caledonian Sleeper, but I doubt that would be worth a purchase.

• RMweb Gold

For whatever reason photobucket is still having a wobbler so I’m gonna try the site image uploader

First up today was a trip to Marylebone to refresh the route for my Christmas Day job I’ve got from old oak common, had a ride into the terminus before heading back out to Oxford via the new chord at Bicester, funny that since I drove the first ever train up the chord when building it I’ve never been over it since!

It was also the first ever time I’ve done the line between Bicester town and oxford parkway as I only signed it as a single line as far as banbury road from one direction and Bicester town station from the other!

Oxford

post-226-0-68613800-1513033414_thumb.jpeg

post-226-0-38266500-1513033784_thumb.jpeg

Then over to Hinksey to collect 70803 to take to shrewsbury, however the points into the yard at coleham are frozen up so we had to quickly get it rerouted elsewhere, unfortunatly everywhere in shrewsbury was the same so we ended up taking it to wrexham and leaving it there until tomorrow, to be honest I can’t see the points unfreezing tomorrow so I’ll have to work the training around wrexham!

Hinksey

post-226-0-66542300-1513034011_thumb.jpeg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Another days training, in Wrexham again, was hoping to get a trip out but points failures here and there meant we just had to trundle up and down the neck getting used to the controls etc, did lots of static work, played about isolating stuff etc

In the bay in Wrexham
post-226-0-49303700-1513107244_thumb.jpeg

Then at the end of the day I had to leave it right up the end of the neck next to croes newydd crossing

post-226-0-86280100-1513107330_thumb.jpeg

Tomorrow is definitely a trip out to bescot and back to coleham

Edited by big jim
  • Like 9