Bachmann 1F

neal

• RMweb Premium

But we have not seen photos of the 3 that will be available shortly, so we don't know what, say, the lining details are. I want to see what the differences are between the early and late crest versions - right now, I cannot tell. Last year's catalogue had a photo of the real locomotive, and this uear's apparently has not photographs at all.

John

But we have not seen photos of the 3 that will be available shortly, so we don't know what, say, the lining details are.

Yes, I understand. Hopefully photographs of the reviewed models will be available soon. Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

But we have not seen photos of the 3 that will be available shortly, so we don't know what, say, the lining details are. I want to see what the differences are between the early and late crest versions - right now, I cannot tell. Last year's catalogue had a photo of the real locomotive, and this uear's apparently has not photographs at all.

John

Kernow Model Rail Centre's website has pictures of all three.

Edited by Wellyboots

Well I am so taken by the summer cab that I have ordered one.

I find it quite a nice concept. Could the crews change the cabs themselves or did they need help with a workshop? I guess they made the switch from winter to summer cabs in the spring, and vice versa in the autumn but was there a particular month?

I am surprised it did not catch on in general. If it had, we could have diesel locos today running around with convertible cabs. In the summer months drivers would be able to take the loco for a spin on summer specials, hit a button and feel the wind rushing through their hair on the open rails.

Cannot wait to get this loco, should around Xmas I guess.

• RMweb Premium

Whys the LMS liveried one have the only full cab? Or the BRs have the half cabs?

Reliverying is in place for anyone who wants the opposite.

IMHO I would have thought a half cab in LMS and one of each in BR would have been a better spread.

Hence I won't be buying one until we get a half cab LMS.

Keith

• Like 1

IMHO I would have thought a half cab in LMS and one of each in BR would have been a better spread.

Hence I won't be buying one until we get a half cab LMS.

Keith

I was also hoping they would give us a half cab in LMS for the first run. Are they even considering doing a MR livery run?

So they will do a half cab LMS at some point?

I was also hoping they would give us a half cab in LMS for the first run. Are they even considering doing a MR livery run?

So they will do a half cab LMS at some point?

Here we go lets start kicking. I want a BR closed cab version to go with the open one i have ordered so the LMS version has been ordered and all i have to do to change it is remove LMS and replace it with a BR early emblem Simple not hard work

I want a BR closed cab version to go with the open one i have ordered so the LMS version has been ordered and all i have to do to change it is remove LMS and replace it with a BR early emblem Simple not hard work

Face it folks, if you are changing an LMS one to BR livery and don't fancy rubbing it down, you don't even have to remove the LMS livery - just paint over it like what BR did :senile:

• Like 1

Here we go lets start kicking. I want a BR closed cab version to go with the open one i have ordered so the LMS version has been ordered and all i have to do to change it is remove LMS and replace it with a BR early emblem Simple not hard work

Im not kicking and whining. Im just surprised at their choices. Im all for rubbing down the livery. I half did a Hornby Pug..still have to remove one logo. Its hard work. Id rather go from BR to LMS than vice versa. Im just saying they have done a very narrow field here. But hey, thats RTR.

They (as with other manufacturers) can't cover all permutations at the same time (and neither would the market bear the production levels required); future releases may or may not have the permutation you want.

I think there is a misconception here......Cabs are heavy pieces of metal and were not switched about in spring, winter or any time. If one had a halfcab in inclement weather then all one had was a tarpaulin. The lack of weather protection was hardly worse than than on some 0-6-0 Tender engines. The way components got switched about during heavy repair, some locos that had a half-cab maybe came out of works with a full cab, or Belpaire boiler or round top boiler and so-on.

I will admit that was a slight nostalgic joke on my behalf. In 1980 when I was a kid, there was a television series called God's Wonderful Railway on the telly. This lead to me asking for a Great Western train, for which my nan and parents brought me a Hornby 57XX (closed cab) and 2 Lima Chocolate and Cream coaches, the latter which I had a hard time finding in the Hornby catalogue.

In the Hornby Catalogue however there was another Pannier tank which had an open half cab. I asked my nan about it who invented it was for summer use....

Back to the topic, I have ordered one with an open cab as I am sure it will make a contrast to a Jinty and most of my other tank locos ( and not because the drivers want a cool cab to take for spin down the line and to pull the girls).

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1