Worseter - update

Killybegs

Dave,

It's all done in plastikard built up in layers. From the bottom (mm thickness) 1/0.5/1+0.75/0.5/1/0.5/1.The dendritic pattern is formed with individual bits of 0.5. The sloping 'roof' is two layers of 0.5 (to create the step) on a 1 thick backing. On the real thing these are blue brick 'specials'.See below for support structure.

Hope this makes sense. The most 'difficult' bit was the getting the fit of the sloping roof right. Even with everything drawn up on CAD it still needed a bit of fiddling.

post-7952-0-99283200-1415392046_thumb.jpg

John

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

A lovely posed shot John.I blame GWRROB for everyone shewing their moguls at work.Is yours the original Bachmann chassis or is it something else.Looks great.

Edit.Just remembered you're P4 sorry.Comet chassis perhaps ?

Edited by gwrrob

A lovely posed shot John.I blame GWRROB for everyone shewing their moguls at work.Is yours the original Bachmann chassis or is it something else.Looks great.

Edit.Just remembered you're P4 sorry.Comet chassis perhaps ?

Thanks Robin. It's a Malcolm Mitchell kit with High Level gearbox and Mashima motor.

• Like 2

I thought that I had posted pics of the mogul on RMWeb when I completed the build at the end of last year but checking my blog, I see that it had been a bit dormant for a while and the Worseter thread was started sometime after that. So firstly, here is the 'publicity shot' taken at the time.

attachicon.gif5326 on shed 02w.jpg

The photographer has been out this morning and captured 5326 coasting over the viaduct. The fireman obviously has time on his hands as he checks out the fisherman down on the canal tow path.

attachicon.gif5326 on viaduct 01w.jpg

This is an enlargement from the above.

attachicon.gif5326 close up.jpg

Hope these fit the bill.

John

That coaling stage looks very nice - different to the usual brick built ones!

Any chance of a few more pictures?

That coaling stage looks very nice - different to the usual brick built ones!

Any chance of a few more pictures?

The coaling stage is based on that at Stratford upon Avon, but mirrored. More pictures as requested...........

post-7952-0-80002900-1416235650_thumb.jpg

post-7952-0-69762200-1416235656_thumb.jpg

and here it is 'in the white' so to speak ........

post-7952-0-27673500-1416235687_thumb.jpg

John

• Like 15

And now for something completely different. Although work has now started on the main factory building, I decided that I needed a short break from the world of styrene. As a result, mogul 5326 finally has some coal in the tender and a crew on board. She also has lamps. This gave me a bit of a dilemma as, prototypically, she should be carrying code 'G' headlamps to run light engine from Worseter station to the shed. I have yet to find a way of having easily removable lamps without modifying the loco, so, having made the decision that 5326 will be operating local passenger services, I am afraid the crew will have left her 'B' headlamps in place!

attachicon.gifTime for chat.jpg

Great photo. Who makes the driver leaning out of the cab please?

aac