Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Track-Shack.com

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#301 Mallard60022

Mallard60022

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15,375 posts
  • Location36E most of the time, 36A some of the time and Seaton Junction part of the time.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 20:03

The schools closing thing is a really thorny issue. However, the decision is not made lightly as schools are penalised if they shut and it is deemed unnecessary. It is more about the litigious society  we now find ourselves in, risk adverse mangement teams and also the uncertainty that staff may be absent and conditions may worsen making it very difficult for children to be collected.  Difficult situation for the parent/guardians though, as stated.

Phil

• Agree x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#302 Stevelewis

Stevelewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,488 posts
  • LocationBUCKLEY NR MOLD North Wales

Posted 09 December 2017 - 22:19

The schools closing thing is a really thorny issue. However, the decision is not made lightly as schools are penalised if they shut and it is deemed unnecessary. It is more about the litigious society  we now find ourselves in, risk adverse mangement teams and also the uncertainty that staff may be absent and conditions may worsen making it very difficult for children to be collected.  Difficult situation for the parent/guardians though, as stated.

Phil

We  had  some  bad  winters in the  late 50s/early  60s  but the  Grammar  School  I attended  never  closed  even  when  the supply  of  solid  fuel  for  the  heating  system was  late  delivered!

I used  to  cycle around 2.5 miles  with a  group of  friends  in  all weathers  and  no one  seemed  to  'bat  an eyelid'  The  attendance rate  was  always  high and it  was  very rare  for a  Master  not  to be in attendance  (dressed in  Cap & Gown),  OK  the  school was  very  strict, but  we actually  learnt  a  great  deal, things  that   serve  me  well today still  ( unlike  some  of  the  contestants on todays quiz shows who  don't  seem  to  have  been taught  very much!)

And  we  had  a  Model Railway  Club as  well!!

• Like x 1

#303 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,400 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in darkest Cornwall

Posted 09 January 2018 - 20:56

Good service once again from Track-Shack. Ordered on Sunday and delivered just after 9:30 today. 

• Thanks x 1
  • Agree x 1

#304 Marly51

Marly51

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 22:18

Track Shack is excellent - friendly and very speedy service. Been using them for a number of orders over the last two years. Living in the Northern Highlands you get used to being told companies who use courier services do not deliver north of Inverness. We are categorised as Highlands and Islands - not mainland, even when items are posted??? However I have challenged a few companies and they changed Sutherland and Caithness to same rate as the rest of the mainland. Nearest model shop is 38 miles away and I try to visit regularly to browse and buy.
  • Agree x 2