Bachmann announce Narrow Gauge range led by Baldwin 4-6-0T

Andy Y

Has anyone else noticed ow the bogie wheels don't all make contact with the ground on the D class? A little disconcerting, but could be a fault in the photographic stand it's stood on as much as a fault in the model. Would love to see a comparison vs a Parkside kit if someone gets the chance too. 

Guest Midland Mole @ Footplate

Has anyone else noticed ow the bogie wheels don't all make contact with the ground on the D class? A little disconcerting, but could be a fault in the photographic stand it's stood on as much as a fault in the model. Would love to see a comparison vs a Parkside kit if someone gets the chance too. 

I have a WD one and WHR one sitting on a piece of Peco track in front of me as I type this and I can happily confirm these little beauties sit absolutely true on the rails, no cause for concern whatsoever.

Also the fine detail and finish on them is superb, Bachmann have done a stunning job on these!

Alex

I have a WD one and WHR one sitting on a piece of Peco track in front of me as I type this and I can happily confirm these little beauties sit absolutely true on the rails, no cause for concern whatsoever.

Also the fine detail and finish on them is superb, Bachmann have done a stunning job on these!

Alex

Good, as soon as the Baldwin lands I think a little Christmas pressie is in order!

My Nocton estate wagons came today.  Buscot Estate is very pleased with them.  Here is a photo showing one side by side with the Parkside Dundas offering.  Considering the latter is 30 years old, it stands up quite well to the comparison, but the Bachmann offering is clearly better. Bachmann runs better, as well. (Photo quality is not to good - I had to take it on my mobile phone as the main camera has had a fit of the sulks with a flat battery.)

658923826_Sidebyside20171228_154050.jpg.09ef304dc8eae839826a4c5fd89688c6.jpg

Edited by eastglosmog
Restore photo
  • Like 6

Thanks, I hadn't noticed until now that the Nocton version only has one brake wheel.

I hadn't, either, until I looked more carefully at the images on here: http://www.davesrailpics.bravehost.com/nocton/nocton.htm

To add to Midlandmole's review, the wagon sides are commendably thin, about 0.7mm , noticeably thinner than the Parkside version.

One minor gripe about the Nocton version - I wish they hadn't put such a prominent number on it.  As I will need quite few, they are all going to have to have the number erased before use.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone one know what the wd livery ones were used for? Received mine today and thinking of putting it into a PWay train.

Moving anything that would fit in, track parts, duckboards, ammo, medical supplies, fuel, shells, men etc even small artillery.

They were also used to transport the wounded, 4 stretcher cases per wagon, the stretchers being placed on 4 notched planks across the wagon.

In addition to Paul's list, they also transported provisions,  cement in barrels, wire entanglements, corrugated steel sheets, wire netting, water pipes, in fact everything required for trench warfare.

Does anyone one know what the wd livery ones were used for? Received mine today and thinking of putting it into a PWay train.

have a look at my photos of Roy Hirst 009 stock for idea's all his stock is based on photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mozzer36/albums/72157632570378464

Edited by mozzer models
  • Like 1

Managed to get the D Class Bogie Wagons out for the first time the other day, and put them to good use in the Trenches!

WD Baldwin 2-6-2T brings in a train of supplies, while captured German Brigadelok 0-8-0T pulls into the passing loop with a train of waste materials. 

(Taken during a test run Wednesday)

post-20663-0-92555200-1515745575_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• 2 weeks later...