Comet Models

artisan100

Following an unplanned hospital visit a couple of days ago (!) , I'm afraid Comet will be closed for a little while while I recuperate. Follow up visits are likely to be arranged, so it may be a week or so before normal service is resumed.

Please be patient

It would help if you would not leave phone messages or send emails until you have read here or on the Comet website that we are back in business.

Thanks,

Geoff Brewin

Comet Models

Geoff, I've not bought from Comet for some time but have a few of your kits and overlays to work with once I fully retire. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Note to other traders. This is an open and excellent way of avoiding some of the problems that have been reported on this forum where customers appear to have been left "hanging" when external factors may have affected a business.

Colin

Best wishes and get well soon: I'm minded to order some more stuff!

Likewise, Geoff, get well soon. I also want to order some more items, but they're not as important as you getting better, so I'll be patient.

Phil

Following an unplanned hospital visit a couple of days ago (!) , I'm afraid Comet will be closed for a little while while I recuperate. Follow up visits are likely to be arranged, so it may be a week or so before normal service is resumed.

Please be patient

It would help if you would not leave phone messages or send emails until you have read here or on the Comet website that we are back in business.

Thanks,

Geoff Brewin

Comet Models

Like many others have said, Get Well Soon (if not faster)

I've always enjoyed our chats when we've crossed tracks at various shows and I look forward to seeing you back in the fray.

Best Wishes

iD

Hello again,

First of all, very many thanks for all your good wishes on here. Much appreciated. I'm pleased to say that progress is being made and I shall start answering emails and post in a day or so, but no phone calls please. I'll let you know when we're back to normal service. Incidentally, the disadvantage of forum names is that I won't know who to thank when we meet at an exhibition or talk on the phone, but you'll know who you are!  

Sadly, I have had to pull out of Wells, for the second year running. (Hereford hospital seems to have me on some sort of list that means they call me in for a service every Summer.) I had offers of physical help (thanks Phil, Phil and others) and it may well have been OK, but if at the last minute I hadn't been up to it then I'd have been letting Chris Challis down with no notice, so I decided to pull out early to give him the maximum notice.

I'll be posting on here again soon.

Regards,

Geoff Brewin

Comet Models

Hello again,

First of all, very many thanks for all your good wishes on here. Much appreciated. I'm pleased to say that progress is being made and I shall start answering emails and post in a day or so, but no phone calls please. I'll let you know when we're back to normal service. Incidentally, the disadvantage of forum names is that I won't know who to thank when we meet at an exhibition or talk on the phone, but you'll know who you are!  

Sadly, I have had to pull out of Wells, for the second year running. (Hereford hospital seems to have me on some sort of list that means they call me in for a service every Summer.) I had offers of physical help (thanks Phil, Phil and others) and it may well have been OK, but if at the last minute I hadn't been up to it then I'd have been letting Chris Challis down with no notice, so I decided to pull out early to give him the maximum notice.

I'll be posting on here again soon.

Regards,

Geoff Brewin

Comet Models

Sad news for RailWells, but ultimately your health is what matters, so a sensible decision, and one that I believe all reasonable people will understand.

If you want, I will hack in to Hereford hospital's computer and reset the date by six months so you get your health MoT at a more convenient time!!!!!!!!!   :jester:

Phil

Hello again,

Today I'm starting to work my way through the post and emails that have accumulated over the past couple of weeks.  That will take me a day or so, and I shan't be in the office on Wednesday, but I'm hoping to be back at the desk, answering the phone from Thursday onwards. If you want to send emails or snail mails in the meantime, that's fine.

My apologies for the delays, and once again, my thanks for all the best wishes.

Regards,

Geoff Brewin

Comet Models

I have used Comet models in the past and continue to do so, As one of those concerns that produce a number of models which are not obtainable elsewhere it is up you/us as customers to understand the needs of Geoff and not to push him too quickly back to work. In the end a good recovery from Geoff to continue the business is in everybody's interest, so be patient and allow Geoff to geT back to normal.

Geoff, do as you are told my the medical profession, not doing  so can result in one step forward and two steps BACK!!

We will wait for you to resume business as usual so don't pressurise yourself to get back too soon, bit by bit will be OK

Hope to see you at scaleforum

PHILBAX

• 2 weeks later...

16th August

Due to ongoing illness and treatment, Comet Models will be operating at less that the usual standard for a while. We will try to process orders, but there may be delays. Place orders (no queries please) preferably by post or email, as the phone may not be answered. 

Again, as before, please be patient.

Thanks.

Geoff Brewin
Comet Models

• 2 weeks later...

Archived