Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Hi. Just a few weeks before BoT is back out at the Stafford show.

Just a quick call out on here, does anyone have a rake of TEA tanks that I could borrow to run at Stafford and FBRM in Doncaster the week after. My rake is far from finished but feel the layout would benefit from the inclusion of a rake.

Let me know if anyone wants to lend me some!

Cheers!

Ah excellent well they may well do as an addition to any others that I can muster. I have plenty of replacement wheelsets I can drop in. Could do with assembling a rake of about 10 to 12 if I can.

I was given a link to your request for TEAs at Stafford. As I’ll be there helping Ian Morgan on Freshwater I’ll be happy to bring some of mine. I have about five Esso tanks and several others in varying liveries. I need to check their couplings and what wheels they have (if any) I also have two Revolution TEAs I could bring along too! See you in a few weeks!

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I would just like to say thanks for the loan of the tanks for the Stafford show. Very much appreciated and allowed me to run the iconic trains at the location.

The layout ran pretty well after some early teething problems probably due in part to the freezing temps during set up on Friday night and the contrasting lovely warmth on the show day. Sunday was pretty much trouble free aside from killing 3 DCC chips over the weekend. Something that I haven't experienced before.

I will post a few pics once I have downloaded them from my camera.

Next week I'm at FBRM Doncaster with the layout so if you are there come and say hi.

Regards

Cav

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RBE said:

Hi, I would just like to say thanks for the loan of the tanks for the Stafford show. Very much appreciated and allowed me to run the iconic trains at the location.

The layout ran pretty well after some early teething problems probably due in part to the freezing temps during set up on Friday night and the contrasting lovely warmth on the show day. Sunday was pretty much trouble free aside from killing 3 DCC chips over the weekend. Something that I haven't experienced before.

I will post a few pics once I have downloaded them from my camera.

Next week I'm at FBRM Doncaster with the layout so if you are there come and say hi.

Regards

Cav

Glad it went well Cav! Looking forward to having a play next weekend 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cav, great to finally meet at the weekend. Layout looks fantastic by the way.

Hope that the MERG option looks feasible for you, but let me know if you need any assistance.

I will let you know about TrainWest as not yet planned any exhibition visits for this year yet, apart from those that I am exhibiting at!

• Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Richard. Yes it was nice to finally catch up.

I am keen to get the control sorted on BoT moving forward. It seems that I can get a PC interface for my Prodigy so might go that way for the connection however I will still need to find out how to connect the servos for turnout control to the DCC bus and how to get my phone talking to JMRI for train control and route setting.

Very keen to get going with it though. I will certainly pick your brains.

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1

Anytime Cav - thoroughly enjoyed playing with BoT; an absolutely stunning piece of modelling! Even if the 4mm stock now looks like 7mm ;) 

I hardly took and photo but did get a nice video of the HST:

Looking forward to some more operating at an exhibiton soon!

kind regards,

Will

• Like 8

Buy me one in Burton on Trent livery and I'll pop it on! :P

In all seriousness I plan to do it in BoT livery at some point but it is near enough for now as the BoT buses are/were yellow white and black hence why I chose that one.

It'll probably end up like this when I get around to it.

8048537322_6329970f16_b.jpg.cd5cbc32b37e259edfa1840ad0bc0f65.jpg

Hi,

thought this was one of the star layouts at Donny and definitely one of the two I kept coming back to have a look at. The detailing is amazing considering the scale and the whole layout just has a great feel to it.

I tried to get pictures from some obscure angles just to try to capture everything that you have done.

I hope to see it out and about again sometime in the future. 

Mark 

• RMweb Premium

I must say I think Cav's method of handbuilt track to N gauge standards is the way forward. I've literally just pressed print on my first Templot template to have a go myself! Cav - have you gone for 0.85mm flangeways?

At least I know my Revolution TEAs will work if I copy your standards, any failures will purely be my execution! :lol: