Hornby New Measurement Train HST Concessions Exclusive

Hornby have released the latest photos of the upcoming NMT power cars 43014 and 43062.

I am very excited about this release, in having a chance to ride on the real NMT with the mentioned locos...I sold the original NMT HST pack I had of 43013 and 43014 to buy this limited edition.

But as there has been a lot of critical discussion on Dapol's Class 73 livery errors....spot this huge livery error on the NMT HST!

(Ill give it away, the front grills are meant to be black. This totally throws off the look of the models, and for £209.99 one would hope it was to be spot on correct! If it was around the original price I paid for the last NMT HST of £114.99 I would not of minded, but for such a premium price you would of hoped!)

Shall email Hornby on Monday and though I suspect they won't reply. I hope they read this!

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2015/diesel-electric-locomotives-packs/network-rail-measurement-train-drive-units-1.html

r3366_4.jpg

Edited by 159220

Looks like the poor Q/C and livery checks are still not happening correctly, there have been many livery errors by Hornby on recent top end models and while some are not difficult to fix I do feel for the money we should not have to do this.

• Like 1

I am pleased to read that I am not the only disappointed party here. One can only hope that before it is delivered on the 23rd September (Was due 4th August then 14th August) that the Chinese are frantically changing the grills black as they are making a premium priced product! I can only hope and prey that Hornby push back this delivery to solve this glaring mistake.

I hope everyone shall be contacting Hornby on Monday too, I don't have social media, otherwise I would make comments on their social media too. Seems companies pay attention to social media rather than email.

For £200 you should t have to do it though. That's the whole point.

And it is pretty obvious that I spoke for myself and not everyone when I said "I wouldn't mind the few min job spraying those black...."

I certainly don't have the same views where I feel for £200 that I don't have to do it. It's a model train to me, it's part of a hobby. I still get a beautiful replica of a Class 43 HST and that small grille won't bother me.

It's not going to affect my life and any way whatsoever. There's more serious things to life than a small yellow grille.

If you don't like - Don't buy... Best rule to follow! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

And it is pretty obvious that I spoke for myself and not everyone when I said "I wouldn't mind the few min job spraying those black...."

I certainly don't have the same views where I feel for £200 that I don't have to do it. It's a model train to me, it's part of a hobby. I still get a beautiful replica of a Class 43 HST and that small grille won't bother me.

It's not going to affect my life and any way whatsoever. There's more serious things to life than a small yellow grille.

If you don't like - Don't buy... Best rule to follow!

I understand that you were saying you were happy to do so. I was merely saying that for a loco of that price it should be correct when it is released.

• RMweb Gold

I can't decide whether to get this.  I've got the first release with sound fitted, but I like the idea of this one as it has different style of noses on the power cars.

Decisions, decisions......

Am in exactly the same position.......have been pondering since it was announced.

The model looks nice, but one thing which is 'bugging me' (and it was the same on the MML power car pack I recently bought), is the way the black roof to the cab meets the top of the windscreen in the centre before curving away like a smiley face. In reality this runs along the full length of the windscreen.

Hey - Somehow I think somewhere I might have the coaches that go between these book-ends!

Should I get them? - they look darn good - yellow grills and all...

Another good effort from Hornby... Very attractive..

But... Just then I fell asleep and had a dream..

..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Where a familiar  voice then spoke to me words of wisdom -

For another 70 quid you could get the Bachmann S Stock - and have an underground railway!

Where both is not an option - perhaps neither is a better wisdom?

Decisions - Decisions!

How can you decide -  About  two models you might never run...?

What about all those Pullmans gathering dust?

Just waiting for King Alfred to give them a tug...

And..

The  endless list of over-optimistic purchases you made - stored rack upon rack..

Enough coaches and trains to take the entire population of London on trips to Brighton and Bournemouth and back..

All manner of railway wagons.. Just waiting for your imagination to again take flight...

SNOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Grunt

Then waking up with a jolt..

I took another look at the idea of a yellow banana train rushing around the layout taking non-existent measurements from a non-existent overhead line..

on an newly laid SR layout converted to run trains from the ÖBB - and thought, "Your love of trains is getting weirder by the minute..

Next you'll be wanting to reproduce the railways of China ." - and giving a shrug - thought - "Why not?"

Life is far too short, and should it tickle my imagination.

Then perhaps I should go for it!

The model looks nice, but one thing which is 'bugging me' (and it was the same on the MML power car pack I recently bought), is the way the black roof to the cab meets the top of the windscreen in the centre before curving away like a smiley face. In reality this runs along the full length of the windscreen.

Assuming this is true of the prototype (I haven't checked) then this is far harder to correct than the horn grilles.

yes, there is a thin yellow strip above the windscreen that is the same width all the way across on 43014.
http://tomcurtisrailgallery.weebly.com/uploads/6/9/0/3/6903499/43013430141q24oocweymouthfwood250713.jpg

On 43013 it appears that there is no yellow above the windscreen.

Actually, looking at the pic in the OP, it appears that the black is nearly right, but the orange stripe is very wrong.

The bufferbeam is completely the wrong shape too.

Edited by Talltim

• RMweb Premium

yes, there is a thin yellow strip above the windscreen that is the same width all the way across on 43014.

http://tomcurtisrailgallery.weebly.com/uploads/6/9/0/3/6903499/43013430141q24oocweymouthfwood250713.jpg

On 43013 it appears that there is no yellow above the windscreen.

Actually, looking at the pic in the OP, it appears that the black is nearly right, but the orange stripe is very wrong.

The bufferbeam is completely the wrong shape too.

The livery is only correct up to about late 2010/mid-2011, that's when they were fitted with upper marker lights and lost the bodyside stripes/logos. (43013 was done about April 2011 - haven't checked for 43014/43062)

I think they were also re-engined with MTU's about then.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Hey - Somehow I think somewhere I might have the coaches that go between these book-ends!

Should I get them? - they look darn good - yellow grills and all...

Another good effort from Hornby... Very attractive..

But... Just then I fell asleep and had a dream..

..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Where a familiar voice then spoke to me words of wisdom -

For another 70 quid you could get the Bachmann S Stock - and have an underground railway!

Where both is not an option - perhaps neither is a better wisdom?

Decisions - Decisions!

How can you decide - About two models you might never run...?

What about all those Pullmans gathering dust?

Just waiting for King Alfred to give them a tug...

And..

The endless list of over-optimistic purchases you made - stored rack upon rack..

Enough coaches and trains to take the entire population of London on trips to Brighton and Bournemouth and back..

All manner of railway wagons.. Just waiting for your imagination to again take flight...

SNOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Grunt

Then waking up with a jolt..

I took another look at the idea of a yellow banana train rushing around the layout taking non-existent measurements from a non-existent overhead line..

on an newly laid SR layout converted to run trains from the ÖBB - and thought, "Your love of trains is getting weirder by the minute..

Next you'll be wanting to reproduce the railways of China ." - and giving a shrug - thought - "Why not?"

Life is far too short, and should it tickle my imagination.

Then perhaps I should go for it!

If you decide to not go with the HST pack and decide to part with the coaches, I know someone who is looking for a set to complement his own power cars (-;

Edited by Hilux5972

The whole world or just every modeller?

Just get a paintbrush out and make yours a touch better than everyone else's.

Sometimes however I think we are a little too forgiving about the sloppy livery errors all manufacturers seem to make. If you bought a new car and they had forgotten to paint the colour co-ordinated wing mirror covers would you be happy to paint them yourself?

I often wonder where it goes wrong. Are livery specs wrong or are the factories not following them correctly?

Sometimes however I think we are a little too forgiving about the sloppy livery errors all manufacturers seem to make. If you bought a new car and they had forgotten to paint the colour co-ordinated wing mirror covers would you be happy to paint them yourself?

I often wonder where it goes wrong. Are livery specs wrong or are the factories not following them correctly?

Apples and pears here..... There's a big difference in the comparison for "model trains" and a "car"... Funny to see some compare literally something that's part of a hobby to a necessity/mode of transport.

And yes it can either be livery specs that are wrong or issues with the masks/tampo prints.

Apples and pears here..... There's a big difference in the comparison for "model trains" and a "car"... Funny to see some compare literally something that's part of a hobby to a necessity/mode of transport.

And yes it can either be livery specs that are wrong or issues with the masks/tampo prints.

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable analogy. The colour of your wing mirrors hardly impacts on the functionality of your car now does it?

Also it is taken for read that this is not life or death in the scheme of things and any comments made are in that context.

...Hornby push back this delivery to solve this glaring mistake.

Yes, let's delay another model release by a couple of months. I think I have some rattle-can black primer, some masking tape and 5 minutes to spare... you should try it. It's far more satisfying that wasting a lot more time composing an email complaint, unless of course you get more satisfaction from that than actual modelling...

Apologies for the irony, but I've only looked at six threads on RMWeb this morning and five of them have been a complete whingefest.

• Like 2