Revolution Trains - OO - TEA Tanker

Gerald Henriksen

• RMweb Gold

Are these sold out now? 

The reason I ask is if anyone is on the lookout for some trident trains in nantwich have 4 triple packs of VTG wagons for sale on behalf of a customer for £150 a pack 

(richard does mail order too) 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you have any plans to do a second run for oo gauge?

Missed out on the first run and recently pre-ordered the new Hornby DB Schenker Class 60 to venture into the TEA arena and will be getting the weathered Cavalex versions but would like to mix'n'match with your variants if possible in the future.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, classy52 said:

Do you have any plans to do a second run for oo gauge?

Missed out on the first run and recently pre-ordered the new Hornby DB Schenker Class 60 to venture into the TEA arena and will be getting the weathered Cavalex versions but would like to mix'n'match with your variants if possible in the future.

I’ve just been in to my local model shop this morning to collect my DBS 60044 from Collett’s of Exmouth. He still has some Revolution TEA’s in stock. I didn’t take any notice which ones as I already have all that I require so didn’t look into the boxes. May be worth a google search (for phone number) and a phone call if you’re interested in any at the moment.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Shoey said:

I’ve just been in to my local model shop this morning to collect my DBS 60044 from Collett’s of Exmouth. He still has some Revolution TEA’s in stock. I didn’t take any notice which ones as I already have all that I require so didn’t look into the boxes. May be worth a google search (for phone number) and a phone call if you’re interested in any at the moment.

Thanks for the info but unfortunately he doesn't have any stock of the TEA's...ended up buying the DB Class 60 off him though at a great price.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

have you tried trident trains, he had some 2nd hand ones, the original post i put about them was 6 weeks ago though so i would be surprised if they are still there

Edited by big jim
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2019 at 18:36, big jim said:

have you tried trident trains, he had some 2nd hand ones, the original post i put about them was 6 weeks ago though so i would be surprised if they are still there

I saw your post early April and managed to get a triple pack (not in the livery I was hoping, but at least I got something), so thanks for the heads-up.

We'll, I say thanks. This and your ebay post on a layout has cost me lots.

It may be cheaper if I block you :jester:

• Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...

They say it pays to pay attention...

We have a very VERY limited stock of TEAs available on our website.
All versions are available (Though some quantities are in 1s and 2s)

these are all brand new and are from order cancellations (Or simply never paid for)

Prices are higher - to reflect the current customer demand, but still well below ebay prices  (£57.95 for singles - £172.50 for triples)

Be quick if you want them - click on the banner below and click the Revolution link on the left hand side of our website.

Just to add - half of our stock is online - the rest is being taken to the St Neot's show this weekend in Kettering - so pop by if you want some wagons!  Any unsold from the show will be put online on Monday.

Edited by Trains4U

On 11/05/2019 at 14:08, classy52 said:

Thanks for the info but unfortunately he doesn't have any stock of the TEA's...ended up buying the DB Class 60 off him though at a great price.

Hi Classy52,

Give Colletts a call now, they just had some in yesterday. I've ordered a few off Leigh. Very nice chap.

Edited by Damo666
Corrected person's name spelling
  • Thanks 1

On 06/06/2019 at 16:49, Damo666 said:

Hi Classy52,

Give Colletts a call now, they just had some in yesterday. I've ordered a few off Leigh. Very nice chap.

Yep all sorted, got my 3 pack & single EWS TEA's for a stomping price, basically RRP...funny I thought I had completely missed the boat on these & then Collett's comes along and you to thank as well, can match these now with the upcoming Cavalex versions.

Edited by classy52
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 08/06/2019 at 10:43, classy52 said:

Yep all sorted, got my 3 pack & single EWS TEA's for a stomping price...funny I thought I had completely missed the boat on these & then Collett's comes along and you to thank as well, can match these now with the upcoming Cavalex versions.

On 11/05/2019 at 18:36, big jim said:

Actually its Big Jim we both have to thank. He's the one who put me in contact with Leigh in the first place. I too got some RevolutioN TEA wagons from Colletts, and at the normal RRP too, no markup due to rarity!

Edited by Damo666
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Actually its Big Jim we both have to thank. He's the one who put me in contact with Leigh in the first place. I too got some RevolutioN TEA wagons from Colletts, and at the normal RRP too, no markup due to rarity!

Thanks Big Jim :)...my DB Class 60 Dowlow now will have something prototypical to pull.

Could someone tell me what the transfers that come with the RevolutioN TEA Wagons are for please?

If you get the Freightliner green or EWS Grey, you still get the same white-on-green VTG transfers (x2) plus 12x TOPS panels etc.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Damo666

The transfers were designed to go with the Freightliner wagons, to allow alternate numbers to be modelled (as we didn't do triple packs in this livery) and to enable them to be depicted as currently running branded VTG.

The factory was just a little over-enthusiastic and included them with all the models.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I do hope that Revolution Trains would consider doing another production run in the future as I wasn't able to preorder mine and it seems that I have missed out on those at Colletts Models as well as the VTG Blue ones have all done. I can wait :) .

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sorry no immediate plans to re-run the TEAs at the moment - we've got plenty of 4mm wagons on the go at the moment! Ecofrets, IWA vans and timber carriers, IPA car carriers and there are even a few JNAs still available plus of course Caroline.

I'm sure we will re-run them in the future.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, red death said:

Sorry no immediate plans to re-run the TEAs at the moment - we've got plenty of 4mm wagons on the go at the moment! Ecofrets, IWA vans and timber carriers, IPA car carriers and there are even a few JNAs still available plus of course Caroline.

Cheers Mike

No worries Mike & thanks for the heads up, yes indeed you have a lot on and glad you guys are doing them :good:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, red death said:

Sorry no immediate plans to re-run the TEAs at the moment.

Keeping the resale value high...…  ;)

I'll have to replace a few of mine with Cavalex TEAs...…...

On 30/07/2020 at 16:33, red death said:

Cheers Mike

Personally, I think a couple of newer liveries would be very nice, plus tooling tweaks for the bitumen wagons.......

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Personally, I think a couple of newer liveries would be very nice, plus tooling tweaks for the bitumen wagons.......

Regards,

C.

The Lindsey-Preston bitumen wagons are a very different beast from the Revolution TEAs.

The barrel is a completely different profile - the only common part is likely to be the bogies. Not even the buffers are the same.

Pic from flickr

35 70 7790 014-4 Ribble Steam Railway 140412

My pic - Westerleigh January 2013

tea2.jpg.592ebbd6511a38e83412dabeb36bb14d.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Are all of the Greenergy ones no longer branded as such?

Some have certainly been debranded, although I don't know if it applies to all of them.  A bit of a shame if so, as I thought the GREENERGY livery suited them very well. 

Edited by YesTor
  • Thanks 2