And the man claims he has limited modelling talent...

Despite (unlike many modern 1:1 builders) keeping to the planned footprint of the building!

And its always best to blame Victorian architects and "restorers" for wrecking the historical record in pursuit of neo-gothic/pseudo-medieval fantasy!

Bravo!

• Like 1

While many thanks, it is just card and paper; modelling at its most basic and traditional. I could not begin to do all the clever things you do.

No, I dispute that. I have limited abilities with a computer, far below what many can achieve, whilst not everyone is able to manage your standard of modelling. The buildings all look so beautiful, consistently.

• RMweb Premium

Completely irrelevant to CA, but I can't resist posting this for CA's erudite and literate citizens.

One of Europe’s most attractive via ferratas launched in Kosovo

Before you click on the link below to read the story, you can fantasise about a new railway line in the Balkans.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2018/11/16/via-ferratas-kosovo-outdoor-in/

Who said that Lonely Planet was allowed to hijack the English language?

As consolation, though, I can report that the highest railway viaduct in Europe is only a few kilometers away in eastern Montenegro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mala_Rijeka_Viaduct

Jonathan

PS Afraid that the viaduct is a little post-Edwardian.

• Like 4

No, I dispute that. I have limited abilities with a computer, far below what many can achieve, whilst not everyone is able to manage your standard of modelling. The buildings all look so beautiful, consistently.

Yet you've done (well started (!)) such amazing things on the 'pooter. Don't sell yourself short.

Completely irrelevant to CA, but I can't resist posting this for CA's erudite and literate citizens.

Before you click on the link below to read the story, you can fantasise about a new railway line in the Balkans.

As consolation, though, I can report that the highest railway viaduct in Europe is only a few kilometers away in eastern Montenegro.

Jonathan

Magnificent terrain and vertiginous engineering.

Remember, though, you don't have to go to the Balkans to find new, state of the art, railway lines.

Among all the doom mongering about the fall of the pound and the inability of Britain to attract new infrastructure investment, I suspect that many of us have missed the triumphant opening ceremony for HS2, held over the weekend in Manchester's famed mediaeval quarter ...

post-25673-0-83557500-1542619333_thumb.jpg

Jonathan

I thought it was something about ferret racing......

Just imagine it,

The Kosovan Grand National!!!

no?  Well I'd better give up, I'm using too many exclaimation points this morning!!!!! .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sugar....   :senile:

• RMweb Gold

you've done .... such amazing things ....... Don't sell yourself short.

James,

Seeing the Drill Hall again makes me think you should take your own advice more often!!

no?  Well I'd better give up, I'm using too many exclaimation points this morning!!!!! .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it makes up for other punctuation errors.

I always knew I did it for a reason!!! :jester:

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Breathtakingly beautiful modelling Sir.

And the man claims he has limited modelling talent...

While many thanks, it is just card and paper; modelling at its most basic and traditional.  I could not begin to do all the clever things you do.

Yet you've done (well started (!)) such amazing things on the 'pooter. Don't sell yourself short.

Whilst I don’t disagree with the sentiments expressed above, would you two like the rest of us to book you a private room?

Multiple exclamation [notice correct spelling] marks: sure sign of a sick mind. ;)

"note spelling" is preferable to "my god he's heavy".

As for spelin errors, I'm always open to korrecshun!

Well, it makes up for other punctuation errors.

Nowadays, punctuation is a guide, not a straightjacket.

In a similar vein, I saw a report on, I think, the BBC website this weekend, about a minor UK university that had sent a memo to lecturers suggesting that capital letters should not be used in setting questions as they caused anxiety to students.  Imperatives like Do and Don't were also deprecated for the same reason.

Edited by Hroth

Despite (unlike many modern 1:1 builders) keeping to the planned footprint of the building!

And its always best to blame Victorian architects and "restorers" for wrecking the historical record in pursuit of neo-gothic/pseudo-medieval fantasy!

Bravo!

perfectly legit. The Victorians did, after all, carry out 'restorations at Stonehenge, using Concrete !!!

Whilst I don’t disagree with the sentiments expressed above, would you two like the rest of us to book you a private room?

Not exactly an appropriate suggestion, if you don't mind my saying so...

Hmm, I think we do need to give consideration to the objects of our wit, and I confess to being somewhat uncomfortable on Sem's part.  

For my own part I just thought Simon was being bloody irritating as usual! [winky face]

• Like 1

I think you may be more uncomfortable with it than I, James, and with respect to Simon it's only the sort of thing my peers occasionally fling at me...

Anyway! Buildings!

Edited by sem34090

I think you may be more uncomfortable with it than I, James, and with respect to Simon it's only the sort of thing my peers occasionally fling at me...

Anyway! Buildings!

If I was more uncomfortable on your behalf than necessary, that is a good thing!'

Nuff said.

Bemused expression.......

:scratchhead:

Going back to the drill hall, you get more done in a weekend than I do in a month. Or longer.

(The Midsomer Brevis "booking shed" I illustrated with the Castle Aching poster a few pages earlier has been in cereal box form for nearly a year now. I've printed some brick paper so there may be some progress by Christmas...)

Yes, I’m another one who’s more talk than do on the toy train front currently. The list of worthy projects grows, and that’s about it, although I did guide the Great Fire of London to a conclusion over the weekend.

The strange beasts in the attic of the middle house are ‘scale representations’ of our late spaniels, which were part of Daughter’s vision.

post-26817-0-57915900-1542637649_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6