Graham_Muz

Hornby announce the ex SECR / SR / BR(s) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 tank as part of their 2017 range

Indeed .......... and until the Trade come up with a ready to run Wainwright 'J' - or rebuilt railmotor pull & push set p'raps -  I guess we'll always have a few things to chivy them about.

Posted (edited)

Indeed .......... and until the Trade come up with a ready to run Wainwright 'J' - or rebuilt railmotor pull & push set p'raps -  I guess we'll always have a few things to chivy them about.

Don't know what happened there ..... I seem to have an echo ... echo .... echo .... echo .... 

Edited by Wickham Green
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Seconded, but the Wartime Black H was something I really wanted to see so I'm pleased with that announcement at least! Otherwise all a bit dull on the SR front this year from Hornby. 

Maybe a bit dull on the Hornby SR front (though there are 4 more merchant navies and good few terriers) but we have been gifted with the delightful D class from Rails anyway. And those 2-HAPs from blue box (and more class 33s). Enough to keep my spending going.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Maybe a bit dull on the Hornby SR front (though there are 4 more merchant navies and good few terriers) but we have been gifted with the delightful D class from Rails anyway. And those 2-HAPs from blue box (and more class 33s). Enough to keep my spending going.

The only newly announced Merchant Navy in the 2020 range is the Limited Edition Centenary range Clan Line (although of course delivery of some of those already announced in past years is still to occur) 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Very much looking forward to the D Class!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I recently obtained an SECR liveried H class through the 'bay (in fact from someone I know quite well on here).

It's almost brand new, nothing wrong with it at all but when I opened the box there were a couple of loose parts. These were not part of the detailing pack which was still sealed.

One was the roof vent and that was easily refitted.

The other was this:

734816251_SAM_4475r.jpg.aede1fef93bcaafcbd7b5d868b4c3f01.jpg

It's about 5mm across, moulded in the brown colour of the frame and running gear. I've looked all round the loco and scanned a few YouTube videos but I can't work out where it should go...

Can you help?

Edited by Harlequin

It looks like a bull head rail chair, with a key in it to me?

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Harlequin said:

I recently obtained an SECR liveried H class through the 'bay

It's about 5mm across, moulded in the brown colour of the frame and running gear. I've looked all round the loco and scanned a few YouTube videos but I can't work out where it should go...

I've checked my SR H and, unless this was peculiar to the SECR livery, I agree with @Sarahagain

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So, possibly a 'scale' rail chair, designed to have fine section 'Bull Head' type rail threaded through, with the moulded 'key' completing the look?

C&L make several types of rail chairs, similar in appearance...

https://www.clfinescale.co.uk/online-store/3-Bolt-Chair-Pack-of-250-p124696055

IMG_20200701_083204.jpg.678a53db58995ceac9310d397103ffa6.jpg

It could be that the eBay seller has some home-assembled track, and a stray rail chair has found its way into the loco box?

Maybe it would be an idea to ask the seller?

Edited by Sarahagain
more added
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, truffy said:

I've checked my SR H and, unless this was peculiar to the SECR livery, I agree with @Sarahagain

11 minutes ago, Sarahagain said:

So, possibly a 'scale' rail chair, designed to have fine section 'Bull Head' type rail threaded through, with the moulded 'key' completing the look?

C&L make several types of rail chairs, similar in appearance...

https://www.clfinescale.co.uk/online-store/3-Bolt-Chair-Pack-of-250-p124696055

IMG_20200701_083204.jpg.678a53db58995ceac9310d397103ffa6.jpg

It could be that the eBay seller has some home-assembled track, and a stray rail chair has found its way into the loco box?

Maybe it would be an idea to ask the seller?

Ah! Click! Now it makes sense. Yes, you're right - he was building track using C&L chairs. And in fact, now I look at it in daylight, the plastic is a slightly different colour than the other brown detail parts.

So case solved! Thank you very much!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1