Jinty in O gauge

steve fay

J72s were used as pilots at major NER area stations such as Hull & Newcastle, which is one reason more were built and some painted in Apple or NER green, so they certainly pulled passenger stock. Only minor variations [smaller wheels] than the J71 which did haul passenger trains sometimes.

Agreed. A combination of factors, including longevity (being built by the NER, LNER and BR), a variety of liveries (such as that attractive station pilot green) and the fact that one survived into preservation make it a winner in my books!! Perfect for light railways schemes too, see the hiring of J71/72s to Easingwold as an example.

Admittedly I am biaised...

I think J72s were used on the Easingwold railway as hired locos so they may have worked passenger there. They may have also got onto Meyer's light railways in the NE. And then there's the Derwent valley in the 70s...

A Jinty will be popular - just need to think how it will fit into my plans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There was some sort of update on Farcebook last week, but I scrolled past it because I was looking for something else.  When I went back today I could find no mention of it there or here.  It looked like a more developed sort of test shot, but seems to have vanished ... perhaps it was just the Jinty Celeste ;)  Did anyone else see it, or copy it?

• Like 1

There was some sort of update on Farcebook last week, but I scrolled past it because I was looking for something else. When I went back today I could find no mention of it there or here. It looked like a more developed sort of test shot, but seems to have vanished ... perhaps it was just the Jinty Celeste ;) Did anyone else see it, or copy it?

. There is a photo on the Dapol jinty development page courtesy of railway modeller. Looks good so far...

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=781_783_786

Edited by MarstonVale

• 1 month later...

My first O Gauge kit was the Connoisseur Jinty and I love it.  Easy to build, heavy, runs really well.  If you want to build one rather than buy one I fully recommend it.  But budget RTR is coming to Gauge O which really cannot be a bad thing.  Perfect for a steam era plank, the Dapol model should sell well and should help sell lots of their wagons too.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the main things that attracted me to 0 gauge was the excellent RTR locos that Dapol are producing.  I dreaded the idea of building loco kits.  I started I don't know how many in 4mm but for one reason or another never finished any.

The EP (if that is the photo) seems on sched.  Production end of 2017?  Dare I hope.

John

• 4 weeks later...