WRMS 60 years Exhibition layout - Stanley

enginelane

Progress so far.

Using information and plans from club members a full size track plan has been drawn up and baseboards with integral backboard and lighting pelmet are currently being constructed.

Any additional information regarding Stanley in BR days regarding traffic especially rhubarb gratefully received.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The layout is indeed coming on and the boards are starting to look good in the clubrooms.  Many different club members are involved with people from different layouts doing their bit.   I'm a 7mm modeller but have drawn up the trackplan in Templot.  This has helped to get the gentle curve correct along the layout.  Having got the basics done I'm now sorting out the individual pieces of pointwork to produce a good timbering plan.   The trackwork is b=going to be code 75 bullhead with handbuilt pointwork to suit the geometry of the layout.  Once I've got the track plan done then Paul Gittins  (a P4 modeller, 5050 of this parish) is going to build the points for someone else to lay.

Jamie 

• RMweb Premium

The boards are progressing and so is the track plan.   I've learnt much about some obscure parts of that fabulous tool that is Templot and have nearly completed the tidying up of the timbering and still need to complete the second single slip but here is where we are at.

post-6824-0-61865200-1477598994_thumb.jpgin t

This is the track layout aligned East to West.  To the north are the sidings where coal and rhubarb were loaded.  The station was on the south side of the main line, and just east of it was a  level crossing.

The main lines have short reverse curves in them to line up with the curve that will lead to the fiddle yard.

Jamie

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Progress is being made with track laying going ahead and wiring crew ready to swing into action. Station buildings already available via secondhand purchases from a local store and missing signal box being built by one of the longest serving member - a worthy addition to the layout.

In the meantime another addition to the rhubarb train is in the process of being made.

post-9435-0-38245900-1491060014_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Might be both magical and mythical if we decide to model the rhubarb fields

easily done http://www.noch.com/en/rhubarb-14602.html

tried a 2mm version with my laser unfortunately a no go

although thinking about it in the mystic triangle is it not grown in sheds ?

NIck

edited for a after thought  (yes I know its dangerous)

Edited by nick_bastable

easily done http://www.noch.com/en/rhubarb-14602.html

tried a 2mm version with my laser unfortunately a no go

although thinking about it in the mystic triangle is it not grown in sheds ?

NIck

edited for a after thought  (yes I know its dangerous)

Yes I had forgotten about the Noch products. Used some of their products in the canal scene on the old US layout Menasha. You are correct an easy way out is to model it at the forcing season as the fields will then be bare of foliage and at £5.49 apacket I can already hear the Treasurers " sharp intake of breath' when realises how much it will cost to complete a field

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could not resist purchasing - Ardsley shed had some and always liked the slightly quirky look of the engine with its angled side tanks. Had a Lima model with a pancake motor. Hope this runs better! Need to complete the rhubarb vans and brake

post-9435-0-44773200-1493878074_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All track is laid and test coaches run very smoothly through the pointwork, track seems to flow so thanks to all involved. Electrics team now moving in to add droppers onto bus wires. Looking more like will be operated via iPads, iphones as well as more conventional DCC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great work from the team. Wiring is now in place, all soldered and connected up. Basic Testing forcshorts has taken place and time for more extensive testing to occur before the next phase of the operation commences.

Wish my wiring was as neat and logical, but this is where being in a club pays off - it can be, just watch and learn!

post-9435-0-45310100-1500353512.jpg

Edited by enginelane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

All track now in place and electrics hooked up and working. Buildings currently in the clubrooms so platforms can be routed out to sit them. Back scene painting coming on very well using local knowledge and photos to recreate a prototypical image.

And rhubarb has been cut to create a rhubarb load!

On track to debut at Wakefield Show November 2018

post-9435-0-13512200-1513171067_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

a member that is very good with watercolour is doing the backscene and doing a very good job

24293426157_7b7574cbb7_h.jpg18-12-2017 stanley (1) by Sam, on Flickr

24293428517_87494c7a96_h.jpg18-12-2017 stanley (2) by Sam, on Flickr

the buildings havent been mentioned yet so

they were built many years ago by someone (i cant remember) and then spent a few years in the shop window of Going Loco in Lofthouse and were then bought by a club member (they're twins but i'll use the singular verb) the buildings have been lent to the layout

24293431357_776ad25a8f_h.jpg18-12-2017 stanley (3) by Sam, on Flickr

24293463707_efc153e593_h.jpg11-9-2017 stanley (5) by Sam, on Flickr

24293460337_c9e12dce21_h.jpg11-9-2017 stanley (2) by Sam, on Flickr

27376235609_21137ccbad_h.jpg11-9-2017 stanley (1) by Sam, on Flickr

27376243439_031e952587_h.jpg11-9-2017 stanley (4) by Sam, on Flickr

• Like 4