Manxcat

It does!!

Fabulous selling point - the bags material defiantly hides the contents well.

Hi All,

As Colin says the bag holds 4 locos and hides the contents perfectly well even tested past the Mrs the other night for those that need that feature! Looking forward to the show fantastic line up of layouts, will be there with the rest of the Scottish Modellers/DEMU doing a range of demos and helping operate Martins layout Ketton Cement.

See you all in a week

Mark

post-6863-0-57836800-1487282235_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

In addition to the above items we will have the very last few of our limited edition Malcolm 08's available on stand 1, when they're gone, they're gone!

Also the complimentary show guide contains details of our exclusive OO limited edition being produced for our 2018 show.

Less than a week to go now!

Liverpool Lime Street Dismantled....

Good day at John's yesterday.

Six of us there to dismantle the layout and pack it ready for Glasgow.

See you all there in just over a week :sungum:  :senile:

Steve.

I should be there on the Friday with the Edinburgh and Lothians MRC exhibiting Glendevon. I believe we're next to you, so if you see a youngish lad with a ponytail, do come up and say hi! I will definitely be taking a close interest in Liverpool Lime Street!

• RMweb Gold

I've just heard the news that Philip Sutton of Sutton's Locomotive Workshop will be helping his fellow Barrowmore MRG club members in exhibiting the large ‘P4’ layout Mostyn, which recreates operations along the North Wales Coast line in the summer of 1977. It will be a special show for the layout as it is the first of several outings marking the 40th anniversary of the chosen modelling year.

Most interesting for me though is the fact that a fleet of the superb SLS class 24s will be seen, and heard, on the layout at the show. I am pleased to own a DCC sound equipped SLS Class 24 of my own and I have to say it is the best sound profile I have heard for a very long time.

The layout, who’s operating team will, I'm sure, be very happy to chat to you, can be found on Stand No. C11.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mostyn and the 24s just as much as I am to seeing Liverpool Lime Street.

Archie

Guest Digital

I've just heard the news that Philip Sutton of Sutton's Locomotive Workshop will be helping his fellow Barrowmore MRG club members in exhibiting the large ‘P4’ layout Mostyn, which recreates operations along the North Wales Coast line in the summer of 1977. It will be a special show for the layout as it is the first of several outings marking the 40th anniversary of the chosen modelling year.

Most interesting for me though is the fact that a fleet of the superb SLS class 24s will be seen, and heard, on the layout at the show. I am pleased to own a DCC sound equipped SLS Class 24 of my own and I have to say it is the best sound profile I have heard for a very long time.

The layout, who’s operating team will, I'm sure, be very happy to chat to you, can be found on Stand No. C11.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mostyn and the 24s just as much as I am to seeing Liverpool Lime Street.

Archie

Having seen Mostyn several times over the years, in my opinion it is a cracking layout and very enjoyable to watch at an exhibition.

The attention to detail not only in the actual layout itself but in the running of the trains is just fantastic

Running with the addition of the Sutton's Locomotive Workshop Class 24's, which I saw running on Mostyn at their launch, enhance the layout further and will be something not to be missed at the exhibition.

John

Well here we are with a few days left till the show.

Thursday is when we all gather to set up the various stands , layouts etc . The usual friendly and helpful staff will be there to welcome you into the Sec and get you to where you need to be .

Please follow their instructions and we will all have a safe and uneventful time .

Friday onwards is when the good and the great turn up to view the wonderful spectacle we have assembled . We do our best to make sure everyone has a nice day and no one falls out !

If you have any problems / concerns please find a steward who will do their best to help . There are four roving about the hall , stand one at the entrance and the advance ticket booth in the foyer .

For anything more serious or just to say hello please give me a shout and I will come and see you . I would rather you did this than post up something that disappointed you after the show on here .

All the best

Mike Bartle

Operations manager

( title sounds better than it really is ! )

For those driving up the M74 on Thursday, it's expected to be pretty rough over Beattock and Douglas Moor with snow expected.  A particular place to watch is a dip just before Abington Services going north.  You can get surface water or black ice there so it's worth just slowing when you see the first sign for the services.  The forecast does seem to be OK on Friday.

• RMweb Premium

For those driving up the M74 on Thursday, it's expected to be pretty rough over Beattock and Douglas Moor with snow expected.  A particular place to watch is a dip just before Abington Services going north.  You can get surface water or black ice there so it's worth just slowing when you see the first sign for the services.  The forecast does seem to be OK on Friday.

Thanks for the info

Terry & Pete

Oil Drum Lane

• RMweb Premium

Yes I'll be heading north from Loughborough. The A50 M6 m74 is the best route . The alternative is M1 a1 and a66 but crossing Stainmore won't be a picnic either. Seems to be worse on Thursday morning .

Looking forward to the weekend I will be there with the Helensburgh and district model railway club and their layout. Weather forecast isn't the best, but we have been lucky the last few years.

Looking forward to seeing Liverpool lime street and the t gauge model of the forth bridge. Oh and spending a lot more money than I should.

Any of you with an interest in ships the old Clyde steamer Queen Mary II came home to the Clyde last year, she is currently bearthed next to the science centre almost next to the Waverly. Just a short walk away through the Gale force winds and snow.

Just like to wish Mike and his team all the best for another successful show.

• RMweb Gold

I have been delighted to see the posts on this thread where various contributors have said which layouts they are looking forward to seeing at the show this weekend.

I would like to take this brief opportunity to personally thank all those people who are bringing layouts from outside Scotland to exhibit here in Glasgow. The support of those visiting modellers is invaluable in delivering Model Rail Scotland for the enjoyment of you, our visitors.

Thank you so much.

Archie Brown

Chairman, AMRSS

We will make sure the kettle is on in time for all you exhibitors and traders arriving on Thursday .

I think we may all need a brew if the weather is going to be as forecast .

Drive safely . I have the hall open all day till 10 pm so don't panic .

Mike b

Milk no sugar please…and I'll be there at the crack of half nine.

On more serious note I was down at the hall this afternoon and everything marked out and ready.

Dave 

• RMweb Gold

Liverpool Lime Street is all loaded up:

see  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/33141-lime-street-station/page-64&do=findComment&comment=2628246

Hoping the weather isn't as bad as forecast.............

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I took a wander to my old workplace earlier...

Morning call for gritter duty has been moved from 2am Thursday morning (bibs and blades) to 7am (bibs only) as the forecast shows the heavy snow to be coming across the country lower than expected.

It appears that the Lake District, Borders, Cheviots and upper Pennines are going to get the heavier snow and earlier than forecast.

The storm is also moving across the country faster than expected.

Thanks

Sadly Mr Bartle there'll be one less for tea today! Due to issues with the clutch on the old roadster last night, Friday Bridge will not be appearing at this weekends shindig......

Looking on the bright side though- I've already spoken to Ian P and he'll probably have it next year instead now, so who knows it may even be finished by then!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Archived