Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

Does anyone know what type of sound decoder Bachmann uses for their DRS 37 'Concrete Bob' special edition?

Cheers

Steve

It's a south West digital sound, loksound select decoder as fitted to all Bachmann Sound models over the past few years.

It's a south West digital sound, loksound select decoder as fitted to all Bachmann Sound models over the past few years.

I thought 'Select decoders' were fitted as standard to Bachmann DCC Sound engines now... and had been like that for a year or two.

Thanks both for clarifying, very much appreciated.

Also do you know how well it stacks up against the full fat ESU decoder, is there much of a notable difference between the two in sound quality (yes also depends on the speaker) or is it just down to more selectable features?

Thanks both for clarifying, very much appreciated.

Also do you know how well it stacks up against the full fat ESU decoder, is there much of a notable difference between the two in sound quality (yes also depends on the speaker) or is it just down to more selectable features?

AFAIK the same SWD sound file is used in both decoders (it was in the 37's I directly compared) only problem with the Select it can't be reblown with UK sounds by the normal suppliers if you don't like the sounds on it.

We've had "Concrete Bob" in for just under a week now. Pre-orders have been dispatched and the remaining stock is getting low. Should you want one (we have both DC and DCC Sound versions) we'd advise getting in touch fairly soon.  :locomotive:

Got mine. Superb looking loco. Well pleased

Any idea when 37025 is due out as I got one on order from hattons

July 2019 according to the list published today.

Does anyone know where to get one?

Google search only displays limited results of sellers where it is sold out and don't get me started with Bachmann's atrocious website, they are almost as hard to find as hen's teeth.

• RMweb Gold

Google search only displays limited results of sellers where it is sold out and don't get me started with Bachmann's atrocious website, they are almost as hard to find as hen's teeth.

JDM Settle North Yorkshire still some available to order.

According to my sources due Jan 2019....

Whoever changed their easy to use website to that abomination should have a damn good thrashing ! *

* 2018 Orwell version “ an empowerment workshop in not making cack websites combined with a group hug to show how their input is valued “

Hi everyone,

Out of all these rep editions I’m looking forward to the EWS 37/7. I’ve wanted this livery for a while ever since the Rail Express 37/7 variants first appeared, keep looking for a decent pre-order price as it’s outside of my normal shopping area.

Thanks

Mark

Hi everyone,

Out of all these rep editions I’m looking forward to the EWS 37/7. I’ve wanted this livery for a while ever since the Rail Express 37/7 variants first appeared, keep looking for a decent pre-order price as it’s outside of my normal shopping area.

Thanks

Mark

I've pre-ordered mine from Derails with a discount. Still on the website this morning and great service so far.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is any place still taking pre orders for 37025?

As recommended to me by Big Jim as per earlier post try C&M Models in Carlisle, I was able to pre-order 37025 with them just over a week ago thus they may still be taking orders.

• RMweb Premium

As recommended to me by Big Jim as per earlier post try C&M Models in Carlisle, I was able to pre-order 37025 with them just over a week ago thus they may still be taking orders.

Sadly not for me, think I may have missed the boat with this. Shame looks a stunning model.

• 3 weeks later...

What about this for a case of slightly different from the standard ?

post-7232-0-10072400-1542254822_thumb.jpg

There were a handful of newly renumbered 47/8s running around in 1989/90 that didn't get the full repaint treatment and had some interesting but subtle variations on the theme of normal Large Logo....  Could even be done with Kernow-style weathering a-la 47537...

I wonder how well it would do if realised at the same time as some nice white roof Charter mk.1s..... :-)

Or, if the folks at Bachmann are getting truly sick of us all bleating about "this number" over "that number"..... what about this one ?

post-7232-0-34419000-1542254838_thumb.jpg

Yeah, well.... maybe a "livery variation" that only lasted 2 days is a little much to go for :-)

• Like 3