Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

Thats the tricky thing isn't it? I've an increasing yearning for banger blue locos and filthy rusty 16 ton minerals as I remember from my youth around Chadderton power station and Manchester Victoria, but I also think that 3TG locos look very good too. Such a well designed livery scheme. Trouble is the modern scene interests me too much too.

That used to be my patch as well on a bridge towards where Mills Hill Station now is. 

Edited by flapland

Interesting to note the date inside the box of 47 628 (23/10/17). The end box label is affixed over a previous label. Also that the etched plates provided are credited to Kernow. A lovely model however.

Interesting to note the date inside the box of 47 628 (23/10/17). The end box label is affixed over a previous label. Also that the etched plates provided are credited to Kernow. A lovely model however.

Its been well documented that 47628, 47625, the 3 dutch wagons and 47712 were Kernow commissions but have been released as Rep Editions

Hmmm, rather bachy put the price up when they docked ? This happened with the 37114 that just came out. There’s been quite a few Olivia s one that we’re rejected as well I think

Hmmm, rather bachy put the price up when they docked ? This happened with the 37114 that just came out. There’s been quite a few Olivia s one that we’re rejected as well I think

Possibly but still took 47701 and the Hornby LE's are higher price from them - trouble with the Scotrail one was none for years and scarce then 2 within a few months which put over 1000 into the market

Possibly but still took 47701 and the Hornby LE's are higher price from them - trouble with the Scotrail one was none for years and scarce then 2 within a few months which put over 1000 into the market

I get the impression the scotrail pair of 47708 and 47712 have largely sold well though. There are a few left around waiting to sell but it doesn't look like loads

Anybody got 625 yet ? Still undecided about the weathering .

Agree with you here, it’s difficult to judge by any photos. I would have much rather it be a pristine model then I could have just added a small dusting of weathering to roof and underframe/bogies rather than all up the body sides, though in the flesh it may look absolutely fine as it is. I’m going to my model shop on Friday and I know he has them in stock so will take a look then. If no one has posted more detailed pictures on here by then I’ll see what I can do.

Hi All,

I decided that I would get the plain mainline liveried 47832. After searching a couple of the suppliers I’ve used before who were now out of stock I found Bourton Model Railway online at a great price and free postage. Simple ordering process and my loco arrived quickly and very well packed in a strong brown box with brown paper neatly wrapped and taped round it.

I would certainly use them again.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Agree with you here, it’s difficult to judge by any photos. I would have much rather it be a pristine model then I could have just added a small dusting of weathering to roof and underframe/bogies rather than all up the body sides, though in the flesh it may look absolutely fine as it is. I’m going to my model shop on Friday and I know he has them in stock so will take a look then. If no one has posted more detailed pictures on here by then I’ll see what I can do.

As with most factory weathered stock I purchase, I have removed some of the weathering, and hopefully, added a subtle bit more.

I have also added the 2 white dots to the front end, which the loco gained during 1986 and the remains of silver on the buffer edges- does anyone know why the white dots were applied? Did the loco work a VSOE or something special? Ive also done the paint chip above the secondmans windscreen!

http://www.hondawanderer.com/47625_Ascott-under-Wychwood_1986.htm

Just waiting for a chip to arrive from Charlie, to put some fire in its belly.

As with most factory weathered stock I purchase, I have removed some of the weathering, and hopefully, added a subtle bit more.

I have also added the 2 white dots to the front end, which the loco gained during 1986 and the remains of silver on the buffer edges- does anyone know why the white dots were applied? Did the loco work a VSOE or something special? Ive also done the paint chip above the secondmans windscreen!

http://www.hondawanderer.com/47625_Ascott-under-Wychwood_1986.htm

Just waiting for a chip to arrive from Charlie, to put some fire in its belly.

I've wondered what the white dots were for, when doing a bit of research to see if it fitted in my era.

How easy does the weathering come off? What method used?

I've scrawled 'Graffiti/writing with finger in dirt' on a weathered GUV. Using a wooden tooth pick. Looks good. Fresh pristine paint is clearly on show under the muck, but don't know how easy it would be to get most of it off on a loco.

Edited by 66738

• RMweb Premium

Anybody got 625 yet ? Still undecided about the weathering . 

I don't think it looks too bad, certainly better than standard release 47001. In daylight the weathering looks better than Kernow's photos on its website, so I took these outside in the later afternoon sunshine (one seems to have my fingerprint on it!):

post-3868-0-52265000-1530778897_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-01639900-1530778908_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-52781400-1530778922_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-78933800-1530778961_thumb.jpg

post-3868-0-48361700-1530779106_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Having never bought a rep limited edition (I'm looking to get 37055), is it reccomended to pre-order the locos? If so, which retailer tends to offer the best price?

Thanks.

Depends how popular they turn out , here you go - google model shops in these areas

post-450-0-15026700-1530810651_thumb.png

Not the paint, as long as you don’t go mad. It is an abrasive so go easy.

For the numbers I’m always careful to go very light as it took the silver mainline logos straight off a 37 .

Make sure you wash it all off as leaves a white residue when it dries that’s hard to shift

• RMweb Premium

I've wondered what the white dots were for, when doing a bit of research to see if it fitted in my era.

How easy does the weathering come off? What method used?

I've scrawled 'Graffiti/writing with finger in dirt' on a weathered GUV. Using a wooden tooth pick. Looks good. Fresh pristine paint is clearly on show under the muck, but don't know how easy it would be to get most of it off on a loco.

Very careful, vertical strokes, with a fibreglass pencil.

Ive also used t-cut before, as described by Rob D2.