Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

It varied quite a bit depending on how clean or dirty the tram engine was or when it was last painted and by whom.  Generally a mid brown shade is fine.  I don't think any of my GER tram engines are exactly the same colour as one another and the weathered ones certainly aren't.

Ugh!  What shabby objects! ;-)

It varied quite a bit depending on how clean or dirty the tram engine was or when it was last painted and by whom.  Generally a mid brown shade is fine.  I don't think any of my GER tram engines are exactly the same colour as one another and the weathered ones certainly aren't.

HI Annie,

Just to be nosey, have you any pictures ?

I should have stated I am to paint it in BR livery.

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675

• RMweb Premium

I do all my modelling in the digital world due to illness so I'm not sure how useful some of my snaps might be.

As far as I know the shade of brown didn't change in the BR era, but it's likely to be more weathered than in  earlier times.

z4lLQKg.jpg

wvD18fu.jpg

WEhWr4W.jpg

Edited by Annie
  • Like 12

8rtaL71.jpg

The J70 is coming along rather well, need to work on the roof now.

The Pug is a standard Hornby model, being repainted. 3D printed nameplate was done as a test, but looks good in my eyes. Named for my long suffering girlfriend ("Why are there trains in the kitchen?") ^_^

• Like 10

I do all my modelling in the digital world due to illness so I'm not sure how useful some of my snaps might be.

As far as I know the shade of brown didn't change in the BR era, but it's likely to be more weathered than in  earlier times.

Lovely attention to detail Annie. I especially like that middle picture with the ship and the townscape on the horizon. What software do you use for your modelling?

Alan

I think I posted some pictures of this heavily modified Lima shunter a long time ago, but I’ve recently reduced the size of the cab and added buffers and backing plates. The chassis frame has been modified accordingly. Needs cab doors, handrails and a cute little chimney I think.

post-7084-0-62954300-1548537244_thumb.jpegpost-7084-0-05260500-1548537269_thumb.jpegpost-7084-0-86415600-1548537289_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I think I posted some pictures of this heavily modified Lima shunter a long time ago, but I’ve recently reduced the size of the cab and added buffers and backing plates. The chassis frame has been modified accordingly. Needs cab doors, handrails and a cute little chimney I think.

Really nice!  You've cut yours down even more than mine; presumably you've removed the positions in the chassis where the weights go, so have you just stuffed every gap in the body with lead?

I've made no progress on my in months.  It now looks like this:

post-29614-0-35699700-1548543646_thumb.jpg

This first one will probably go in faded yellow Blue Circle livery (with logos from Airfix Presflo kits).  I have five Plymouths and eventually each will be in a different industrial livery.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 26/01/2019 at 21:15, forest2807 said:

attachicon.gifAE884ECD-379B-4C76-9FCA-5FF125F85427.jpegattachicon.gifEF7F755D-15BE-4D69-BA98-CF14047D0E37.jpegattachicon.gif060F80AE-440D-4834-A423-4696716FB3E3.jpeg

That's quite a transformation, and a very pleasing result. Nice work. I had a go at one of these a while back. Looking at yours, I think I might to hack a bit more off it!

P4299841.jpg.87cb1a09c45bfc7cf930d821259a63e6.jpg

Edited by Tullygrainey
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Lovely attention to detail Annie. I especially like that middle picture with the ship and the townscape on the horizon. What software do you use for your modelling?

Alan

Thank you Alan.  I use the Trainz railway simulator; -  In this case it's the older TS2012 version which I like because it's a bit more simple to use than the later versions of the simulator.  The layouts I build are fully operational and I can run them just the same as any real world model railway layout with the advantage that I don't have to worry about fitting my layout into a room.  My little tramway is about fifteen scale miles long so it's very possible for me to build a complete in every aspect minor/local/light railway should I want to.

The G15 in the picture has had a lot of mods done to it by me and is now a bit more detailed than the original model I downloaded so I can still mod and 'bash' models in the digital world just like I used to do with physical model making.

wNDE4rN.jpg

Edited by Annie
  • Like 3

Thank you Alan.  I use the Trainz railway simulator; -  In this case it's the older TS2012 version which I like because it's a bit more simple to use than the later versions of the simulator.  The layouts I build are fully operational and I can run them just the same as any real world model railway layout with the advantage that I don't have to worry about fitting my layout into a room.  My little tramway is about fifteen scale miles long so it's very possible for me to build a complete in every aspect minor/local/light railway should I want to.

The G15 in the picture has had a lot of mods done to it by me and is now a bit more detailed than the original model I downloaded so I can still mod and 'bash' models in the digital world just like I used to do with physical model making.

Fascinating. I've never given any real thought to virtual modelling before but I'm beginning to see the appeal now. Thanks Annie.

Alan

• Like 1

attachicon.gifAE884ECD-379B-4C76-9FCA-5FF125F85427.jpegattachicon.gifEF7F755D-15BE-4D69-BA98-CF14047D0E37.jpegattachicon.gif060F80AE-440D-4834-A423-4696716FB3E3.jpeg

The buffers make it!!!

C.

Hi Folks,

The Y6 has been repainted into Early BR bauxite brown instead of the standard BR bauxite which it was painted in the previous posts. It has also had its transfers applied, it has been numbered 68083 for that is the only one of the class to carry a BR number. I'm not sure that the locomotive even carried British Railways on its sides but I think it looks the part, so there it is.

post-34584-0-62065700-1548704614_thumb.j

Gibbo.

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium

Rule 1 applies Gibbo.  Two of my G15's that were supposedly scrapped during GER days had their history re-written so they ended up being sold to my Hopewood Tramway instead.  And I won't mention my 'what-if' GER tram engine that's articulated on the Meyer principle ..........

• Like 1

Rule 1 applies Gibbo.  Two of my G15's that were supposedly scrapped during GER days had their history re-written so they ended up being sold to my Hopewood Tramway instead.  And I won't mention my 'what-if' GER tram engine that's articulated on the Meyer principle ..........

Cheers Annie,

Thanks for that !

I just need to do the cab windows now and its finished.

Rule 1 is most useful in a variety of circumstances and I do like that your engines have retained GER blue. I have a motorbike painted in GER livery.

Gibbo.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Here is the Y6 with cab windows fitted, the windows are made form .030" transparent sheet cut to size, masked off and then the perimeter and edges painted to match the body sides. When the paint was dry I glued them in place with carefully applied PVA.

Unfortunately the photography is worse than usual !

DSCF0631.JPG.f723ed83daeeb9ed165dac8f3ba211a8.JPG

Gibbo.

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 01/02/2019 at 19:14, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

Here is the Y6 with cab windows fitted, the windows are made form .030" transparent sheet cut to size, masked off and then the perimeter and edges painted to match the body sides. When the paint was dry I glued them in place with carefully applied PVA.

Unfortunately the photography is worse than usual !

DSCF0631.JPG.f723ed83daeeb9ed165dac8f3ba211a8.JPG

Gibbo.

Wow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...