C&L to have new ownership

I have not tried ordering anything yet (stocked up prior to change of ownership) this the order process as per the websire

For orders which are being process on line you will not be ask to pay until the order has been picked,

an invoice will be sent to you via e mail with payment instructions.

I would suggest using the telephone number shown

Update Tuesday 1st August

I have received large number of orders since last Friday which will take time to process so please be penient the larger orders are being picked but I am still sourcing ccourier who will collect from new address the previous supplier UK Mail has failed to respond to my enquires thus I am in contact with new supplier.The smaller post box items will sent via Royal Mail

• Like 1

I have not tried ordering anything yet (stocked up prior to change of ownership) this the order process as per the websire

For orders which are being process on line you will not be ask to pay until the order has been picked,

an invoice will be sent to you via e mail with payment instructions.

I would suggest using the telephone number shown

Update Tuesday 1st August

I have received large number of orders since last Friday which will take time to process so please be penient the larger orders are being picked but I am still sourcing ccourier who will collect from new address the previous supplier UK Mail has failed to respond to my enquires thus I am in contact with new supplier.The smaller post box items will sent via Royal Mail

Generally speaking I find MyHermes as good as any of them (I don't always use MyHermes - just depends where it is going to) and a damn sight cheaper into the bargain, I know some people complain about them but generally speaking I find them OK, though they do have their moments as do they all. Plus I can take the package round to a (very) local drop-off shop without having to stay at home waiting for them to come and collect if I wish. I don't use the Post Office very often purely and simply because of the time involved.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

Thanks John but the footnote below the banner of the 2 emails I have received in response to orders does seem to contradict the statement release and the advice on payment timing.

The email also suggests that if I have any queries about the order, I should reply to the email. I have and there has been no response to date.

I have also tried the telephone number several times, with no response.

I appreciate that Phil is going through a steep ramp up and learning curve and I really do wish him the best but it would be reassuring to know if my orders are progressing or if I need to do something else.

It could be that this confirmation email I've received is the invoice email and I should pay now. It's probably just lack of familiarity with the process. It would be useful to have feedback from others who have ordered in a similar way.

post-23776-0-74475800-1501746992_thumb.jpg

Hello John,

I've taken your advice and phoned Phil this morning.

What a lovely bloke and more than happy to talk at length on any issues I had.

All is now clear and a request for payment will be issued once the order is completely picked and ready to ship.

The likely delay for me is an order that includes rail which has fallen foul of the problems he's had with courier service.

Anyway, all is proceeding.

Thanks John and all the best for Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have had a number of parcels, that Hermes were have supposed to have delivered to me disappear, one of which was worth nearly a grand. As far as I know it was never found and one which I finally received 6 weeks after the replacement came by snail mail.

I have had a number of parcels, that Hermes were have supposed to have delivered to me disappear, one of which was worth nearly a grand. As far as I know it was never found and one which I finally received 6 weeks after the replacement came by snail mail.

I have also had bad service from Hermes where a package went missing and they gave no support other than to tell me to put a claim in.

There staff were not the least bit interested in trying to track the package.

Plus, I think their delivery staff are being exploited. IMHO.

Not recommended.

I have also had bad service from Hermes where a package went missing and they gave no support other than to tell me to put a claim in.

There staff were not the least bit interested in trying to track the package.

Plus, I think their delivery staff are being exploited. IMHO.

Not recommended.

When selling on eBay I prefer to use the Royal Mail, who in my opinion offer a far better service than other delivery systems, the issues arrise either when sending parcels over 90cm in length or heavy parcels

The other couriers on paper seem to offer a better service, especially with their tracking systems. The companies are as good as their weakest link (like all companies) normally the final delivery process by the individual franchise delivery person (it has been reported that there are some franchisees who offer excellent service)

Tho other issues I have noticed is that whilst they acknowledge receipt of the items at the collection centres the packets are not collected till mid day, also I have found that the final link in the delivery system also suffers from packets being collected from the hub in a less than timely fashion  

I have had only one delivery go awol with MyHermes and that turned up eventually, apart from that there is not a lot to choose between them. For large overseas jobs then UPS have never let me down. I can only say that our local MyHermes is very good on delivery/collection but I won't use them to send stuff to the Wrexham area and it looks like there are few other areas to go on the Black List.

Sorry Royal Mail, but if it won't fit in the local Mailbox (assuming they actually bother to empty it-one letter I posted there took a month to travel about 40 miles), I don't have an hour or two to waste fighting my way through the traffic, finding somewhere to park and then queuing for the privilege.

In my experience none of them are perfect, just some can be worse than others.

The best experiences for deliveries I have had have been with either ukmail or dpd,  Both I have found excellent for tracking, You get notified of an hour when your delivery will be made so that saves you waiting in all day and the drivers seem to look after your stuff.  I've never had any major issues with hermes but they do like to throw your parcel wherever is easiest if you don't answer the door in 2 seconds flat!  To be honest I have had great experiences with royal mail (as long as it's not 2nd class) and stuff usually gets delivered quickly.

Anyway there is many factors involved and sometimes you get a good experience and sometimes bad.  Anyhoo back to re-designing my layout yet again..

The best experiences for deliveries I have had have been with either ukmail or dpd,  Both I have found excellent for tracking, You get notified of an hour when your delivery will be made so that saves you waiting in all day and the drivers seem to look after your stuff.  I've never had any major issues with hermes but they do like to throw your parcel wherever is easiest if you don't answer the door in 2 seconds flat!  To be honest I have had great experiences with royal mail (as long as it's not 2nd class) and stuff usually gets delivered quickly.

Anyway there is many factors involved and sometimes you get a good experience and sometimes bad.  Anyhoo back to re-designing my layout yet again..

They are all subject to lapses. On the Gauge o guild forum somebody had a bad experience with DPD doing what Hermes did to yours and ukmail occasionally have their probs sometimes

I sold a guitar on Ebay and booked Hermes via Parcel to go ..nothing happened and I complained so they rebooked it  via TNT  premium service at their expense .The guitar was picked  up a few hours later .The TNT driver had trouble delivering it and rang me .He assured me that he would keep trying every day until it was delivered  and in the end the buyer came to  the door .It turned out the poor guy was Schizophrenic and had real probelems ,All was well and well done TNT .It probably cost a fortune for that service .A few days later on a late Saturday  afternoon a skanky tattooed   scumbag  in a very clapped out Sierra  knocked on the door ,claimed he was from Hermes and wanted the guitar. I informed him that it was long gone and he looked upset .I have a feeling it was his next fix but where did his info come from ?.Only Hermes themselves or a driver .

Our local My Hermes driver turns up in a Vauxhall Astra estate, so your driver could have been for real. The driver that comes into where I work does actually have a van albeit a plain white one.

Hermes would seem to be rather like the Uber of delivery companies.

• RMweb Premium

I have in the last week had Hermes and DPD people turn up at my front door with a delivery. Shame that the address on both parcels was not my address. I wonder what I would have received if I had not pointed out their error?

I have had only one delivery go awol with MyHermes and that turned up eventually, apart from that there is not a lot to choose between them. For large overseas jobs then UPS have never let me down. I can only say that our local MyHermes is very good on delivery/collection but I won't use them to send stuff to the Wrexham area and it looks like there are few other areas to go on the Black List.

Sorry Royal Mail, but if it won't fit in the local Mailbox (assuming they actually bother to empty it-one letter I posted there took a month to travel about 40 miles), I don't have an hour or two to waste fighting my way through the traffic, finding somewhere to park and then queuing for the privilege.

In my experience none of them are perfect, just some can be worse than others.

To paraphrase George Orwell "all couriers are incompetent but some are more incompetent than others" that was why I stuck with City Link as at least I was only a mile from their delivery depot!

Mark Saunders

• 3 months later...

Phil might be the nicest bloke in the world, I don't know, but I'm trying to run a business too and have a layout to deliver. He has had an order, and £500 of my money, since the 9th and I have received nothing. He also doesn't answer e-mails. 

I have just e-mailed saying I will pick the items up at Reading trade show on Saturday....I hope he will have them waiting for me,

Peter

Edited by kirtleypete

Phil might be the nicest bloke in the world, I don't know, but I'm trying to run a business too and have a layout to deliver. He has had an order, and £500 of my money, since the 9th and I have received nothing. He also doesn't answer e-mails. 

I have just e-mailed saying I will pick the items up at Reading trade show on Saturday....I hope he will have them waiting for me,

Peter

Indeed,  I am waiting patiently at the moment but as this is his last planned show for the year I am hoping he will start tending to orders next week..  

I met Phil at Reading and had a chat with him; he gave me one point kit and two boxes of track and promised to send on the rest. That's fine, as long as it arrives.

However, I have just found that the point kit I do have has not got a frog, so I can't build it. I am tearing my hair out trying to meet a deadline, and things like this really do not help.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

I met Phil at Reading and had a chat with him; he gave me one point kit and two boxes of track and promised to send on the rest. That's fine, as long as it arrives.

However, I have just found that the point kit I do have has not got a frog, so I can't build it. I am tearing my hair out trying to meet a deadline, and things like this really do not help.

Peter

You have rung him and advised him . . . . 

I've e-mailed him again; I don't have time for long phone calls, and frankly I'm at the stage now when I want everything to be written so I have a copy of what has been said. If I receive nothing by Thursday I'm going to send a letter by recorded delivery. 

Peter

• Like 1