Scaleforum 2017 Stoke Mandeville Stadium, Aylesbury - Saturday September 23rd Sunday September 24th

Waterloo

DC Kits in Leeds cannot help on Loco wheels, but they have stocks of the 12mm & 14mm Disc P4 wheels from Black Beetle.  Charlie

With a bit of 2mm & 3mm Tube they do fit some loco's.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82059-worseter-update/page-32&do=findComment&comment=2747721

P

I'm imagining now a CMOT Dibbler type turning up to sell pies and sausages of dubious content ;-)

With bits in them that even the animals didn't know they'd got!

And a few BCB's on the side.....................

Saw them too - we must have been within feet of each other...

A very enjoyable day yesterday.

Like Horsetan I too though it seemed a bit quieter than last year's Saturday. I also thought the Bring and Buy seemed too accessible (!) until chatting with Mike Edge he explained it was scrummage time when the show opened. 

Notable things to me tradewise were the forthcoming GWR Fowler 0-4-0DM in 4mm scale from High Level - at least I bought the wheels ready for it from Gibsons.

The 'Fell' pilot model on Mike Edge's stand is stunning! Still many details to be agonised about and probably not available until later next year. But it will be well worth waiting for. Might have to have a sophisticated High Level QuadDriver gearbox to ensure correct phasing of the coupling rods when doing the 4-4-4-4 looking version. Can't think of the correct notation as the drive axles were all gear connected. An interesting discussion amongst us Landy owners ensued about the delights of transmission wind-up.

A really friendly atmosphere. And friendly demonstrators - Paul Bambrick's explanations and display suddenly makes his book far more understandable to me. 

Thanks to all the Scalefour Society team for this excellent presentation. Oh, and yes there were layouts too!

• RMweb Premium

Went today with Mr Flying Pig.  Thought it was a good show; a nice relaxed atmosphere and some good layouts.  I was particularly impressed with Minories, Dewsbury, Enigma Engineering and Mount Woodville Works.  Minories was a delight to watch and Dewsbury has a lot of potential - definitely one to watch develop.  

The oddest moment of the day occurred whilst we were walking back to the car for lunch and were stopped by one of the stewards who asked us where the car park was!!  Amusing though it was, I think the lack of clear signage to both the show and the car park was one of the weaker elements of the event.  A few more signs and stewards would have helped.  

Meanwhile, has Kernow finally unravelled the knot of Enigma Engineering or does anyone know if he's still sat over the layout pondering his next move?

Ralph

Lambton 58

Meanwhile, has Kernow finally unravelled the knot of Enigma Engineering or does anyone know if he's still sat over the layout pondering his next move?

I'm afraid I am not at liberty to divulge such sensitive information on pain of having my sausage allowance removed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A few phone snaps: More to follow.

HAB's delightful 'Minories' which featured Colin Parkes' superb scratchbuilt 4-SUB....(unfortunately missed opportunity to take a snap!)

post-6728-0-93090700-1506328821_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-11093100-1506328937_thumb.jpg

Jim Smith-Wright's 'Brettel Road'. Spectacularly displayed 'in the dark'.

post-6728-0-53981700-1506329061_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-63743000-1506329167_thumb.jpg

'Great Bardfield'

post-6728-0-05743100-1506329211_thumb.jpg

post-6728-0-80212300-1506329280_thumb.jpg

• Like 7