Woolmer Green 1935-40

Jesse Sim

Just to confirm I actually do some work on my layout. Here I am soldering in all the drop wires in the fiddleyard extension.

post-25906-0-68432800-1542182783_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-89739400-1542182798_thumb.jpeg

Whilst Mitch is setting up the terminal block for all the drop wires to link in - much easier and neater.

post-25906-0-38938100-1542183005_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

Well, 3 different types of train testing today. An express, semi-fast goods and a slow moving coal train, which took roughly 3 minutes to do a full loop.

These are only on the down lines as the up lines still need a bit of wiring to do.

All ran perfectly well, do need to do some tinkering with the drop section. I think a badly cut support leg is causing the rail to be 1 mm higher then the other side.

post-25906-0-86184000-1542617409_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-42660800-1542617423_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

Well, 3 different types of train testing today. An express, semi-fast goods and a slow moving coal train, which took roughly 3 minutes to do a full loop.

These are only on the down lines as the up lines still need a bit of wiring to do.

All ran perfectly well, do need to do some tinkering with the drop section. I think a badly cut support leg is causing the rail to be 1 mm higher then the other side.

attachicon.gif8B02919A-CA06-4FB0-BCD1-6AB13509C32D.jpeg

attachicon.gif85AD9ED4-74CC-444F-A0F9-31BF9FA6590B.jpeg

Nice fiddleyard!!

Nice fiddleyard!!

Thanks heaps, here’s another photo from this afternoon showing the nice new lengths I can have, the extension was such a great idea. Credit to Tony Wright, I had the idea but when he stayed with me on his trip down under he really pushed it and gave me that final push.

post-25906-0-22320900-1542622752_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10

Thanks heaps, here’s another photo from this afternoon showing the nice new lengths I can have, the extension was such a great idea. Credit to Tony Wright, I had the idea but when he stayed with me on his trip down under he really pushed it and gave me that final push.

attachicon.gif34D6E627-90A5-4BF3-AA7D-7F619FBC96AD.jpeg

That's made a terrific difference, Jesse,

Well worth doing, and I'm delighted to be a weeny cog in your ever-expanding wheel of ideas.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 2

That's made a terrific difference, Jesse,

Well worth doing, and I'm delighted to be a weeny cog in your ever-expanding wheel of ideas.

Regards,

Tony. 

Thanks heaps Tony, as soon as I get everything up and running properly again with a bit of scenic work added, I'll get in contact with BRM, I have the business card here somewhere, as Andy requested. 

Were you doing a report on your activities down under for BRM? 

Good morning Jesse,

Possibly.

Watch this space.

Morning Tony, 

oooooooooh I'll have to keep my eyes open. 

Hope Mo and yourself are well

Jesse 

Morning all, 

Currently in play test mode. 

Everything seems to be running fine. 

Shall I post some photos later?

A V2 erupts out of Peasecliff Tunnel with the fish, heading south.

post-25906-0-90133200-1542950579_thumb.jpeg

She’s now passed Brighton Junction on her way to flash past Grantham a few miles south.

A C1 trundles on pass with a stopper.

post-25906-0-32344800-1542950595_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-97012400-1542950606_thumb.jpeg

Then a nice little photo showing the layout, I’m sitting back with a cold one enjoying my hard work.

post-25906-0-86326000-1542950807_thumb.jpeg

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Had no power in my train room due to an idiot mate sending a screw through the wall into a very important electrical wire. No causalities apart from no work being done.

All is well now I have been tinkering, expect some more information in the next couple of days. 

Alright alright alright, updates as promised. First of all, the extension trackwork has been painted, apart from the two sidings ( a reminder to buy more paint) and the tunnel mouth with the scratchbuild retaining walls are now glued down, with the the tunnel itself being screwed in and painted black inside.

post-25906-0-53531800-1543984301_thumb.jpeg

I also cracked on with the 02 conversion. Tony Wright helped me out by starting the kit and left strict instructions for me to finish it, well it’s coming along nicely. I will need to run the wires for the chip to the tender in order to test run it, then just small bits and pieces left to add on and then painting.

post-25906-0-86253600-1543984313_thumb.jpeg

post-25906-0-97598900-1543984324_thumb.jpeg

Also a major update on the railway room itself....

This is what it used to look like

post-25906-0-19806100-1543984412_thumb.jpeg

This is what it looks like as of 5 minutes ago.

post-25906-0-92401300-1543984347_thumb.jpeg

My good mates of mine helped knock this up with me, Nice little area to sit down have a smoke, a beer and a chat. Makes the room feel more home like.

Can’t thank those fellas enough.

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 16

"This is what it looks like as of 5 minutes ago."

Worth about $0.5million on current Sydney prices Jesse! Will we see you on "The Block" next?

Cheers from WA,

Peter C.

I meant like, I took that photo 5 minutes before I was writing it. - it’s been a long day

Well I walked in from my model room at about 11:30pm last night, I have a running day this Saturday and I have been flat out getting stuff done. Mostly wiring, so nothing worthy of pictures, running all the scenic section switch to point motor wires, went through 125 meters of blue wire in two evenings work. I also ran the wires around for the three crossings, as I wired them wrong from the beginning, I made them in block sections, due to short circuiting. There are 3 sections, the down passing loop crossover, the down Branch crossover and the up branch crossover. Every section has an on/off switch, I just turn on whichever one I am using at the time, leaving the rest dead and no short circuiting can occur. 

All that's left is wire up two new switches for the up fiddle yard for roads 0 and 1, connect some drop wires, clean the room, layout and track and then do some running and tinker with a few things. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Alright alright alright, updates as promised. First of all, the extension trackwork has been painted, apart from the two sidings ( a reminder to buy more paint) and the tunnel mouth with the scratchbuild retaining walls are now glued down, with the the tunnel itself being screwed in and painted black inside.

attachicon.gifF9C5F480-225D-45C5-9439-91F2B358CE3B.jpeg

I also cracked on with the 02 conversion. Tony Wright helped me out by starting the kit and left strict instructions for me to finish it, well it’s coming along nicely. I will need to run the wires for the chip to the tender in order to test run it, then just small bits and pieces left to add on and then painting.

attachicon.gif451643FB-2447-4164-9CF5-167838A49EF5.jpeg

attachicon.gifA7324967-2FD9-4904-8D30-618D0D1CA122.jpeg

Also a major update on the railway room itself....

This is what it used to look like

attachicon.gifF94898F3-3044-48C1-8F98-AC5E0775CF5C.jpeg

This is what it looks like as of 5 minutes ago.

attachicon.gifCEF322C2-5BCC-4639-9D22-BBC53581FCDD.jpeg

My good mates of mine helped knock this up with me, Nice little area to sit down have a smoke, a beer and a chat. Makes the room feel more home like.

Can’t thank those fellas enough.

I look forward to sitting underneath it Jesse - in two years' time, perhaps.

The O2 is coming along. Have the extra bits arrived? 

Great work overall on the layout, by the way.

All the best for the season,

Tony. 

• Like 1

I look forward to sitting underneath it Jesse - in two years' time, perhaps.

The O2 is coming along. Have the extra bits arrived? 

Great work overall on the layout, by the way.

All the best for the season,

Tony.

Hello Tony,

You are always welcome Tony, Mo aswell, The family said anytime.

I will have a beer waiting for you. It really is a nice bit of handy work that James and Dylan done.

The bits have not arrived yet, Australia Post is hopeless on a normal day, imagine what they’re like during Christmas. All the best aswell for Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

Jesse

• RMweb Premium

One of the first jobs for the new year will be spraying the track on Brent. Will have a look for some suitable cans. I didn’t fancy using the airbrush on that much track.

Rich, I use a satin (although it is actually quite matt) brown vinyl spray, that comes in big cans and is therefore quite economical, to paint my points. It is intended for car repairs and is a very good match for SMP track sleepers. You could probably find something similar in your local car spares shop. It is also very close to Railmatch 402 Frame Dirt, which is what I use for touching up with a brush.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jesse,

I bought the BRM for November 2018 and it featured the LNER 1938 Weekend on Little Bytham.

Your name is featured in the article.

You are now known around the globe!

The magazine also has a DVD with it with the running session on it.

Well done to you.

Hopefully we will catch up in 2019.

Regards

Rodney

• Like 1

Hi Jesse,

I bought the BRM for November 2018 and it featured the LNER 1938 Weekend on Little Bytham.

Your name is featured in the article.

You are now known around the globe!

The magazine also has a DVD with it with the running session on it.

Well done to you.

Hopefully we will catch up in 2019.

Regards

Rodney

Many Thanks Rodney.

I am still keen to volunteer for another monthly meet thing, as I did in April.