“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

To which the obvious question follows...

...although, as a friend pointed out, it surely depends on whether you are filling it (starts empty, ends up full), or emptying it (starts full, ends up empty).

And yes, that doesn’t help - if you start off empty, is is half empty, or half full when you reach the half-way mark: half way from being empty, or half way to becoming full?

At this point, he reminded me it was my round and we talked cojones about something else.

To which the obvious question follows...

...although, as a friend pointed out, it surely depends on whether you are filling it (starts empty, ends up full), or emptying it (starts full, ends up empty).

And yes, that doesn’t help - if you start off empty, is is half empty, or half full when you reach the half-way mark: half way from being empty, or half way to becoming full?

At this point, he reminded me it was my round and we talked cojones about something else.

I always get the glass with the hole in the bottom that means it drains quicker than others.

Once I've sorted the drains out I'm hoping get a bit more board building done.

The tops have dried now.

attachicon.gifboard construction 17.jpg

I've also had a look to see if the 'avoiding lines' would fit along the front.

If you were to reduce the 1st building by a few cm's in width (seeing its only half relief) and move things over, you might squeeze them in !

Im looking forwards to seeing this layout develop, You have captured that side of the depot really well. Look forwards to some more !!!!

Regards

Simon

If you were to reduce the 1st building by a few cm's in width (seeing its only half relief) and move things over, you might squeeze them in !

Im looking forwards to seeing this layout develop, You have captured that side of the depot really well. Look forwards to some more !!!!

Regards

Simon

The station avoiding lines won't be used or connected to anything. They're intended to be there just for visual effect so I think there ok where I've put them.

I've got a day or two off so I'm going to do a couple jobs on the layout as I fancy.

I'm undecided how to finish the left hand side at present. There's two options; box in and have a mouse hole or continue the scene - something I mocked up earlier.

For now I'm going to box it in using a dismountable end piece made from an off cut of the baseboard top.

Here I'm marking it up.

post-8734-0-97934600-1510312184_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How will you disguise the end of the nearest avoiding line? If using a high bank, or trees, would that also work for the exit to FY line ( depending on the viewing height, of course)?

Probably can't disguise it, I'll have to go for the honest approach, either that or set the viewing height to 8 feet to the top of rail.