“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

Would it help at all if you rotated the whole plan clockwise so the buildings were more parallel with the front edge?

Or, rotate anticlockwise so the front line is not parallel-ish? This might tighten the view into the fiddle yard.

Would it help at all if you rotated the whole plan clockwise so the buildings were more parallel with the front edge?

Or, rotate anticlockwise so the front line is not parallel-ish? This might tighten the view into the fiddle yard.

We're already tight on width, I don't think it would stand any further reduction. The sidings have already been pulled closer together resulting in the waste oil tanks having to be re-configured. Plus we would loose the classic front view of the wash road shed

• RMweb Premium

Like the mocking up. Found it very useful on Pencarrow and saves much bu99eration later on. I think it's also worth adding the front facing roofs to the mock ups. You don't get the full impact of the building without it. Will also give you an idea on how the back of the scene slicing diagonally through a roof will look.

Well that was a seriously civilised afternoon. Walked to the next village for their annual fete. Old cars, steam engines, live music and beer...

Here's a couple of pictures at the end of the day with the threshing engine put to bed, the sun was setting, I was just wandering around with a beer and the band was playing jazz and blues in the background.

What more could you ask for?

post-8734-0-27918800-1504427233_thumb.png

post-8734-0-12033200-1504427489_thumb.png

• Like 6

Back to the job in hand, I've added a 'representation' of some more of the tanks.

The small tank on the left is for waste oil, the tall vertical tank is for HST oil and finally the larger horizontal one on the right is for loco lubricant oil. There was two lubricant tanks side by side but space constraints restrict me to one.

post-8734-0-91715800-1504428824_thumb.png

Now then, somewhere on the right hand end of this I've got to fit a pump house and on the left hand side some sort of contraption that I think filtered used oil?

• Like 2